Casino Rama Resort logo
Casino Rama Resort

Casino Rama Resort Management reviews

Clear

For the most part it’s a good place to work however very strict rules and regulations.

Too many rules; I was wrongfully dismissed for not throwing food out immediately. I was accused of theft even though the food was disposed of in front of supervisor when it was brought to my attention. I was hard working and was unfortunately very stressed that particular shift due to putting my cat down the next day. I would’ve expected a suspension but termination for theft!?! Brutal.

Pros

Free staff meals on break in lunchroom

Cons

Can be very toxic on certain shifts

Hotel housekeeping

This was a great place to work until the new company took over. Now all our jobs don't feel safe. Great employees and sups. Hard job ,but satisfying if you love to clean.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Bad owners that don't care about the staff

I found the environment to lack many things that other successful companies are doing to main employee satisfaction. General lack of respect for employees by management and most customers. Very strict rules around booking time off. As a part time employee 90% of my shifts were on friday saturday and sunday. I had to call in sick two different times and these dates were two months apart, however the management cited that i am demonstrating a pattern for absentism because they both fell on a saturday, well if all my shifts are on the weekend, then obviosuly opportunity for a “pattern” is greater

Went downhill

As soon as Gateway took over the casino went bad. Gateway does not care about their employees. Or their customers. They are just in it for as much money as they can make no matter who is involved. They turned a once famous and loved Casino to a dime a dozen dive.

Pros

Co workers and supervisors were great!

Cons

No respect for employees you are a like a bug to be squashed at a moments notice.

Not a friendly enviro.ent

I absolutely love the job that I do I have 17 years experience but k could run that place much better then the ones that do unfair situations favourites etc

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Not a guarenteed job

Toxic environment

Greedy people, horrible management, hr doesn’t help you and no family time working for this company. Glad to be out of that hole of an environment. Much better since I’ve been gone!

A Black Hole

Work here if you want to work among some of the most morally depraved people you will ever have the misfortune of meeting. You will request time off, only to have it denied days before.

Pros

Good tips on show nights

Cons

Management, gossip culture, inconsistent shifts

Everyone is like family when you work there.

Loved working there. Always got breaks on time and loved the people I worked with. I enjoyed the system they had to pick up shifts or switch shiffs shifts

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Some management didn't do their jobs.

It's ok

It's ok. Management doesn't care. Feels.your lucky to have a job. That's why a union got in. They docwmt for imperfection. You will always be watched.

Pretty Good

All round great staff and management. However, this property is not like any other resort due to the casino being attached. There are both good and bad patrons that it brings in.

New Management destroying company

Used to be great place to work, now the new management company has become so obsessed with penny pinching they are chasing staff and patrons away. Hours of restaurants change with the wind and do not expect your shift pick to be honoured. Stay away.

Great Place

Great place to work, great staff and management. Fair pay with some opportunity to grow. Could use a better work life balance and compensated pay for night shift.

Not a ideal work place

The pay was ok ,nepotism is the most that bother people working there . It became a work place full of favoritism . I had good years and bad years but it end up bad at the end.

Mediocre Workplace

Worked employees to the bone with little job security and compassion. Was told by management they did not believe in migraines. Good pay for the jobs.

A great place to work until recently

The job was fast paced and the years flew by. Implementation of new systems and a union was challenging. The pressure and deadlines became unrealistic. New owners and management with no concern for work/life balance.

Bad place to work

Just a bad place to work. Nepotism is the culture. Been working there for 16 years and is just a joke how they handle their stuff. The managment is just ridiculous.

I really don't remember

It's been so long, I remember it being ok. The work was ok and the staff was fine. The management was really weak. We were all new to the industry in Ontario at that time

Pros

Free meals

Cons

terrible hours

Full-Time workers decide whether you will work there or not.

Supervisors are not professionals and are chosen by their friends to keep their circle strong. People band together and compete with each other to have favor towards the management. A good number of people are not capable of doing their actual jobs so it is put on the shoulders of the new comers. I was very disappointed with working there !

Very Diverse and every changing workplace

The Day to Day work is great, constantly working at a fast pace that is ever changing. Always being involved with all decision in regards to patrons and new marketing ideas. You learn to work with all kinds of people and how to adapt to them as employees, such a wide culture. The hardest part of the job is always working evenings, being away from my family and friends. Being management it means that people look to me for answers and debate on what is the correct course of action

Pros

Great work environment, always room for advancement and large cafeteria where lunches are provided.

Cons

Long Hours, always on call 24/7

High expectations, little reward

Management does not know what is going on half of the time. A lot of the patrons are miserable. Unionized positions make it worse, especially when pulled into a meeting and the union rep is completely unfamiliar with your department.

Pros

you meet some amazing people

Cons

cafeteria food is horrid

Team Spirit

Over 15 years met many friends in an upbeat, caring, environment. The company had a proven track record in training and cross training their employees. As it was a 365 day resort. The Casino Rama management took extra efforts to boost the morale of staff, through celebrations and menu planning and staff potlucks too on special occasions. Christmas was turkeys for everyone and Thanksgiving too. Ham for Easter :) Those not wishing to take one gave theirs to the Sharing Place Food Bank

Pros

Free Concert Tickets, monthly service draws

Cons

Shift Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino Rama Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement