Casino Nova Scotia

Casino Nova Scotia Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Overall, I enjoyed my time at the casino. Pay is great, coworkers are friendly and eager to teach. The work can be fast-paced and especially stressful during peak times on weekends. They will not compete with your second job, so it is difficult to be a student or have other part-time work. My only complaint is the lack of support from management and human resources. No ability to move up to higher positions. Very demanding schedule, mostly nights and weekends.
Very good management and an amazing staff to work with ! Respectful environment and Everyone works as a team And always a happy place to work
Very well managed
The job is good for a productive sense you can usually find yourself killing time, but it's not worth the aggravation of being a ragdoll to strenuous and monotonous hours, arrogant bosses with personal agendas. Many times the seniority thing felt like a chopping block and good luck getting into full time with benefits.. pay was decent but not worth giving up your personal and social life.
Turn around times are short 10 hours not enough sleep to do our best job, procedures are not easy to get use to. Guest some are nice some are gruesome
Non-complacent well-balanced atmosphere. Well developed training sessions prior to the first day on the job ensuring every applicant is comfortable with the layout of the Casino, Security measures, and overall comfortable beginning the job. highly recommended employer!
I loved working in a casino environment. Love meeting people and as a Cage Cashier I musti tasked all the time in a fast paced job. The hours were hard to handle with a family. 3am -11am was the worst.
I contacted the Good Bar via email in a last minute effort to get a hold of their mezzanine space, and they responded quickly and were helpful to get our group a space. I had not been here before, but was pleasantly surprised by the bright lighting and comfortable atmosphere. The location itself is pretty cool, just because they are in a converted space that used to be a commercial bank.
The people you get to meet working there can really change your life. Great coworker's and fun place to work. The night shifts can be hard especially if you have a family at home.
Whereas this place is good for making money, it is difficult to balance your social life with the night shifts you need to work. I loved working here, and it was always a good time coming in and seeing my coworkers.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Late nights
Management is excellent, It's hard to advance if you want to stay in your department. The tip ratio is very skewed and unfair. all in all not a bad job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to advance within your department.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Casino Nova Scotia?
good place to work minimum wage , tips hours are very late the shifts are very late evenings weekends overnight shifts until $;30 am or 6:30 am 8 hrs ,4 hrs no days available only to senior staff , unionized
Pros
tips
Cons
late hrs
Great company to work for, competitive pay, awesome invironment, staff and management really want to help you. Very well run and controlled. Would reccomend to anybody.
Pros
Environment, good management
Cons
Varying hours
I made lots of friends and got lots of experience in the food Industry. I got to see some amazing performances by a wide variety of different walks of life.
Typical day at work; Arrive and set up for the evening. Make sure everything is stocked. I learned how to work along side VIP players and guests. Most enjoyable part of the job was fixable hours and benefits.
Always work weekends and holidays. Expected to put your job first.
Full availability is required of every position. Higher than average wage/salary. Great HR department.
Decent, but a little dirty. The people there were very nice though! Kitchen staff was very diligent and everybody got their work done efficiently. Positive environment.
It was a good place to work at part time while saving for school but not what I want to do. I met some great people and I enjoyed my time there. I developed great relationships with co-workers and customers
I got to see how this business works and also got to meet lots of nice people that were around me on a daily basis, staff was a jem to work for. the management team where understanding of my needs as I am a Disabled person.
Pros
great wage
Cons
night shift was not for me at the time.
I was given a broad range of responsibilities and I felt like my contributions were important to the success of the company. There was little room for creative marketing ideas as, being a government corporation, there are many restrictions and the gambling/entertainment industry had little room for innovation.
The company was flexible and the corporate environment was nurturing and supportive.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Little room for creativity, low wage.
The hours are not for everyone. The pay is great. The "company" is VERY short sighted and penny pinching. Great Canadian (ownership) lacks any "human-factor" and makes all decisions based on their near-sighted "save a PENNY, make a PENNY" philosophy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Gretat Canadian, ownership
check with catering scheduals and perform duties by making sure all other divisions are in good working order ,make sure the front line was operating with controlled meals going out and prepared to order and every one is in sync with the pace of the service .