Casino NB

Casino NB Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Fun Place to work with nice perks
You never get bored. It is a fun, fast paced place to work with lots to do. Customers are great. Nice discounts on services offered at the facilities.
Terrible hourly wage
The hourly wage for this position is just down right insulting. I am in utter shock and it shows how greedy your company is. I feel sorry for whoever works here because your work is worth so much more.
fun full of life
beside the lack of management and not being the best organized
they did do staff appreciation days

and if the would pay better with tips it would be not bad
Pros
staff BBQs
Cons
not paid enough / no tips
mixed feelings
I worked as a cashier/hostess at the buffet;
It was okay to begin somewhere in the Casino, but advancement is really hard to get. There is a lot of favoritism and it's a stressful environment.

You deal with a lot of older generation that are greedy, and complain about the littlest thing, then you deal with hotel guests who think they are more important (yes they are, but when we have a wait time for sitting in the buffet- because it's busy- and they are in the wrong line and they don't mention they stay in the hotel...they will wait), there is sign just for them where they can skip the long line.

That said, our management team is very caring and help the buffet team as much as they can when it's busy and especially when we have difficult irate customers.
Pros
discount menu for staff, great manager, teamwork
Cons
no benefits, no full time opportunities unless posted on the staff board
Fast pace, always room for new techniques.
I think this location needs to have a health inspector through the kitchen as well as FULL background checks on the staff. Definetly room for improvement I do not suggest to work there until something has been addressed.
Pros
hours
Cons
boss not aware of staff issues in the workplace/ Cleanliness/ not taken care of
new place
a lot of growing pains in this establishment. decent benefits for the industry and decent pay. management was lacking though. several small minded people
A Great Work Environment
The casino was generally an upbeat place to be. I enjoyed dealing with the public. There were always different responsibilities and scenarios. Also opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Shift work
Was a great Place to work
Loved working for Casino Nb for the most part but there was no job security. I was tried of feeling like a Number I am a dedicated hard worker and I felt that no matter how hard I worked it would never make a difference.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Casino NB?
I created my own job title
They usually had 2 to 3 dishwasher/stewards working at one time, and the Casino was just starting out so there was a lot of dead time. I decided I would help in the stock room when it wasn't busy and became the order picker as well as being a steward and dish washing.
Pros
weekday shift
Cons
no free lunch
Excellent employer, tough hours for students
Typically a day of work at CasinoNB would be serving clients back to back, exchange money for clients. When other employee's on the floor need floats for their shifts they would come to see the cage cashiers to obtain a float. We would give them their floats, and at the end of the day we would verify their floats to assure correct amounts where returned. The most enjoyable part of working for CasinoNB is how you feel very welcomed and like a family. The hardest part would be the hours worked, the shifts were minimum 8 hours, and the shifts didn't have much consistency, one night you could work till 5:30 am ad the next you could be in at 2pm.
fun place
not a bad place to work
they show a lot a great things for there workers

also pay is very well
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino NB. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6