Cashco Financial Employee Reviews

Fabulous company to work for!
Personal Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2019
I have never worked for a better company! The people here are welcoming, kind, and the office culture is the best! We have the best potlucks to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and all holidays! The management are the best people to work for as well. They listen to the employees and are very understanding to our needs. I absolutely love working for Cashco Financial!
Amazing Company to work for
Personal Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2019
This is an amazing company to work for. Working in the client retention department you could not ask for more. Flexible schedule, great performance pay. Culture is second to none. Operations Manager very understanding and supportive.

All team members in that entire department are supportive and like family.'s, They celebrate with pot lucks for birthdays, anniversaries and team building.

If for any reason you are not meant for that type of position they do their best to fit you into another one as long as you have a great attitude and are reliable.

If anyone is ever let go from this company it is for good reason and usually attitude.

I only left because I moved.
Pros
Amazing upper management
Cons
Need more branches through BC.
Great Place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2019
Cashco is what happens when Great Culture and Amazing People meet a meaningful purpose and mission. almost four years and I have been enjoying every second of it.
Pros
Work - Life Balance, Great people, meaningful work, room to grow, education budget, on the job training
Cons
Compensation package is not as competitive
They don’t care
Associate (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC14 April 2019
Easy money with wage and commissions but I couldn’t take the manager or having to screw over people who couldn’t make payments or missed payments, most of the clients were on OAS.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Screwing over people daily. Having to have no soul.
Company does celebrate holidays with employees. You need to be a happy person to work there. Fake it until you make it.
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2019
Cashco was a great company to work at I made good money while working their. But Operations Manager would bully you if she did not like you & made your life their miserable. She would preach the company values but not follow them herself.
The Flex manager gives out favouritism to one employee while barely speaking to anyone else.
Cashco prides itself on open door policy but that is not the case. If it was I would still be employed there. As well Flex manager went for numerous smoke breaks throughout the day with her favourite employee.
Pros
Team building lunches, potlucks monthly
Cons
Management does not practice what they preach, bullying
Absolutely love this company
Branch Manager/ Regional Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
The hardest part of the job is all the phone calls we make in a day, WE have a good working culture here I know that I am wanted and appreciated. GOOD
Great Company
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2018
Great company, Great management, Reliable job with good benefits and oppurtunity for monthly bonuses.Opportunity for advancment within company. Sales competitions during busy months.
Really a good place to work
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2018
This company offers the best for its employees and management makes sure that training programs are provided for the development of their staffs which will help in goal attainment.
Pros
More fun
Cons
sometimes long hours
very stressfull
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
You are on camera and being recorded at all times, stores often only have 2 staff and when 1 does not show up you are expected to work a 12 hour shift. Managers do not get to hire or fire their own staff.
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Cashco is an ever changing environment. They offer real world banking products to the under served, and the under bank. They have over come challenges in the sub prime industry
The appropriate rating is half a star
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta8 January 2018
At first the job is great. Until your upper management plays favorites and you’re treeated unfairly. Scheduled hours are not flexible and the work load piles up as the constantly add on more work for you. They tell you they pay commissions and give bonuses if you reach certain targets but constantly change the targets so you don’t succeed. Company says they care about employees but it’s a lie. All they care about is making money. Regional managers treat you poorly. If someone calls in sick it’s up to you to work open to close.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Working alone most of time / gossiping home office / unfair and mean regional manager
Nice people
Loan Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 August 2017
I liked the hours and the clients. The pay was good and the benefits. I enjoyed my job very much. Management was not so nice though. Sometimes the hours were long
Fun work Environment
Loan Associate and Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB19 July 2017
Working for Cashco Financial has been a blessing. I enjoy my day to day job and the praise I receive from my peers at head office. This company has taught me so much in 2 and half years. It makes me sad to be looking for other employment.
I wish my Branch Manager would treat me a lot better considering we've been in the branch together for 2 years now. I feel like she is always knit picking at me for errors she makes. It's management like her who drives great employee's like my self to seek other options.
Pros
Banked Overtime Hours
Cashco
Loan Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 May 2017
The management is very hard to follow. Plans change at the drop of a hat, then you get blamed for doing what you did the day before. It seems that all the workers get stressed.
Love it!!
Floating Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
Best place to work ever. They help you grow within the company as well as on a personal level.

You learn the ins and outs of finance with various opportunity to excel.

Management works with you to help you succeed in every aspect.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives to reach goals.
good job finder
Customer Service Representative/loan Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2017
good job finder , always find great job opportunities , indeed is a great job website as most employers post job postings, it allows me to make my resume more advanced as well
great company
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB14 March 2017
Cash Canada is a fantastic company to work for, they make an effort to show their appreciation to their employees. They pay commission on top of an already competitive wage and provide great benefits and learning opportunities.
A decent job
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2017
It was good for the first 2 years, then the work load tripled and the salary stayed the same. The targets and expectations are unobtainable and the branch manager is held accountable for everything out of their control. So much unappreciated and unpaid overtime
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low wages
Managers who are only concerned about themselves
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
Cashco Financial use to be a great company to work for, however over the last couple years they have lost some of that value. The upper management has become greedy and will stop at nothing to achieve results, including making employees feel small. They do not have a proper training program in place and employees are often left feeling like they have no training at all. They are reprimanded for mistakes that were not included in their 'training'.
Good workplace
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
The management team in Cashco is friendly and supportive. The VP of Finance and the accounting controller are knowledgeable in accounting and the company. Every morning we had a fun chat with them.