Cashco Financial

Cashco Financial Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Good for Starter
The company has a good intention to help low income people but I am not really a fan of giving loan with a high interest rates. Work is busy during paydays but on the slow days you will feel like you are a call center agent doing a lot of calls - reminder, collection and promotion. There is no proper procedures in place so management create their own rules sometimes, in short there is not consistency. I like the bank account products but more training needed to help the front line in explaining the procedures. Over all the company is okay, If you are looking at the position in the branch level it is good for starter but not sure how it is like in the corporate office.
Using people for profit
Using people’s misfortune to make money and not use it to pay employees properly for the work they do..and mostly in a location alone. I had an incredible manager but that was the only benefit of working there
Amazing company
They were an amazing company to work for grow with and advance with. It was a fast paced job that allowed me to travel and learn something new everyday. Upper management (CEO, VP, Operations manager) were very approachable friendly and it felt like a family. It was a job I would go back to in a heartbeat.
Interesting Place
- Enjoyment depends on who you deal with on what particular day
- Most employees are super friendly to all people

- Management varies on a wide spectrum
Very Competative
Worked there for some time and it was ok. Nothing special and very repetitive work. The best part of working there was the customers and being able to help them with there needs, it was very fulfilling
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Slow and repetative work
Family Friendly
CashCo Financial shows a huge interest in work and life balance. This I believe is very important for any employee that has a home life with children and spouses. I enjoyed my five years with Cashco, they make you feel like a person and not a number.
Amazing Company
Best company to work for. Transparency, communication, goal-driven, etc... Here, you are part of a family, not just an employee. Management will try to right-fit you, to be as successful as possible. Amazing opportunities for further learning and training. Great resources for education in regard to the position you have. Enjoyable seeing family members every day. Great Value System in place to keep everyone on the same page.
Pros
Potlucks, Vacation time, Hands On Training, Supportive
Cons
Non-competitive salary
Poorly Managed
Cashco suffers from having a displaced home office three provinces to the West that does not understand provincial regulations, nor the market in which company operates within Ontario.

This decentralized management team causes local teams to suffer from lack of communication, misunderstandings, and the inability to connect with each other.
No acknowledgement/nit picked at
It breaks my heart into a million pieces to have finally said bye for good with Cashco. This truly is hands down an amazing company to work for. The only reason for me leaving was due to my management team in my region. Everyone else is so amazing. I felt my dedication and hard work was never recognized and all the little issues were constantly noticed. My branch was busy and the work load was too much for 1 person and they were in no rush to find me a new associate tr hey expected me to work 6 days a week at 12hr a shift.
Best job I ever had.
I regret quitting. I left the company for a better opportunity and it was a bad move on my part. I would go back in a heartbeat. Very transparent and upper management treats you like family.
Associate
Fast pace managers favor if your not in there you wont get anywhere. Had a decent bonus system then took it away. I wouldnt recommend at all. Make sure you have tough skin they will break you.
favourtism
If you are not liked by management you are left to fend for yourself. The favoritism is bad. If you are not performing management will bully you out the door! Not a good place to work. As well they debit client's bank accounts once the account is in collection status to which is ILLEGAL but they continue to do so and get away with it.
Pros
Cons
bullying/ don't live their values
ok to work for I had personal problems
Cashco tries to put forth the family feel in a corporate environment. Upper management was great but local management was not. I had to many 12 hr days due to a manager never showing up to work.
Pros
always others accoss the country to ask questions to
Cons
long hours alone often.
Good place to start a career
Good place to start although there is no room for career advancement and some regional managers have poor management skills. Very sales orentated stressful work environment if you are not use to pushy atmospheres. Job security is not a thing here. I would recommend only as a stepping stone into the financial industry. Benifits and salaries are good.
Pros
Good benifits and salaries
Cons
No job security & No work home life balance. Can be very stressful
Fabulous company to work for!
I have never worked for a better company! The people here are welcoming, kind, and the office culture is the best! We have the best potlucks to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and all holidays! The management are the best people to work for as well. They listen to the employees and are very understanding to our needs. I absolutely love working for Cashco Financial!
Amazing Company to work for
This is an amazing company to work for. Working in the client retention department you could not ask for more. Flexible schedule, great performance pay. Culture is second to none. Operations Manager very understanding and supportive.

All team members in that entire department are supportive and like family.'s, They celebrate with pot lucks for birthdays, anniversaries and team building.

If for any reason you are not meant for that type of position they do their best to fit you into another one as long as you have a great attitude and are reliable.

If anyone is ever let go from this company it is for good reason and usually attitude.

I only left because I moved.
Pros
Amazing upper management
Cons
Need more branches through BC.
Great Place to work
Cashco is what happens when Great Culture and Amazing People meet a meaningful purpose and mission. almost four years and I have been enjoying every second of it.
Pros
Work - Life Balance, Great people, meaningful work, room to grow, education budget, on the job training
Cons
Compensation package is not as competitive
They don’t care
Easy money with wage and commissions but I couldn’t take the manager or having to screw over people who couldn’t make payments or missed payments, most of the clients were on OAS.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Screwing over people daily. Having to have no soul.
Great company to start your career
Meaningful work and incredible culture
Was given plenty of opportunities, including personal development

Fast pace and challenging industry

Freedom to learn and try new things
Pros
Plenty of Opportunity
Cons
Can be difficult to advance... If you're thinking a long-term career, there's no RRSP matching.
Absolutely love this company
The hardest part of the job is all the phone calls we make in a day, WE have a good working culture here I know that I am wanted and appreciated. GOOD
Great Company
Great company, Great management, Reliable job with good benefits and oppurtunity for monthly bonuses.Opportunity for advancment within company. Sales competitions during busy months.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cashco Financial. Our community is ready to answer.