CASH MONEY Employee Reviews

High-Pace Work Environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 December 2018
Cash Money was always a very busy establishment, with lots of room to advance.
Working face-to-face with customers was one of my favourite parts of my day.
Great Fast Paced Work environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2018
Depending on location and all branches of management, Cashmoney is a fast paced and can be a highly stressful work environment. DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO DETOUR YOU! All employees go through extensive training before being left on their own with customers. Over all GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR! Hang in there.
Pros
Good company atomosphere with fellow co-workers, Encourages advancement within company, Repetition allows you to be more comfortable with position
Cons
Busy times during the month can be alot at first
Productive and Diverse workplace
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2018
Working at Cash Money was a great experience for me. I've learned and dealt with some many different things in people with in the company. Cash handling was one of the toughest things for me to accomplished but I can now say I know how much is in a bundle of 20's .
Pros
Sometimes free lunches, incentives are great.
Cons
Some days are dead but there always something to do
Fast-paced environment
Client Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2018
Pretty good place to work to develop leadership skills, how to work in an independent or a collaborative work space. A lot of standing and paperwork, attention to detail is a must.
A Job That Is Committed To Helping You Grow!
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2018
This branch is committed to coaching, encouraging & supporting you with honestly anything! It is more like a family environment. You enjoy waking up each day knowing that you WILL laugh throughout your shift. Having a bad day? Not at this branch. Everyone is welcomed, no matter what. Always learning something new.

Pro's are something that will benefit yourself. I can guarantee that you will have multiple things happen at this branch that will benefit you. Whether its life talks, advise, financial assistance, or just the common communication skills. You have the ability to increase in anyway you want.

Con's are only negative because you are thinking of them in a negative way! Long hours? You get to sleep in! Early mornings? You get to see the beautiful sunrise! Not a set schedule? Plans with friends/family who have a set schedule will work out.
OK job
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
Overall it’s an okay job to work but definitely not for long term. Management is horrible and everyone seems to make up their own rules there. Be prepared to have little to no life due to the hours you will be working.
Pros
Paid lunch and breaks
Cons
Horrible management, sitting for long, harassment, messed up work hours
horrible place to work at! Please don’t do this to yourself!!
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Kitchener15 October 2018
Very slow sometimes. If it’s a steady day and you’re a client specialist, shift leads and management make you do all the work as they are “coaching you” but they would just be on their phones and gossiping. Over worked and underpaid big time.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Easy and relaxed once you learn everyything.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, On19 September 2018
Not bad. Just wish I made more money. It’s enough to get by but not enough to get ahead. I’m trying to provide a great life for my son and it’s difficult with my current salary as an assistant manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not consistant hours. Low pay
Nice place and friendly place to work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 September 2018
Nice people and there is room for career advancement my the management to grow up to managerial level.

I will recommend anyone to work and stay with focus cash money
Pros
Good pay and bonus
Cons
weekends shift
Amazing staff and managment team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2018
A great place to work and an amazing management team. My supervisor was uber cool and helped us at any time. Very approachable and a warm personality. Loved my time whilst working for CashMoney.
productive
Client Specialist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
Great place to work, great friend, great Christmas party

over all good place to start your career

co-workers are helpful and the management want to see you grow
Pros
good salary
Cons
sometime slow
Exciting job oppurtunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2018
It is a very exciting company which has a lot of job advancement. As a manager, my job is to ensure the profitability of my branch and ensure that all clients are being served with the at most efficiency with ensuring that we safe guard their privacy.
Pros
free lunches every end of month
Cons
work load
Productive day at work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 August 2018
Overall experience was mixed. There were a lot of rude customers to deal with who were not able to pay their loans back. they used to yell and scream. It was hard to see these old people getting the loans and not able to pay back. It affects you mentally. Staff was good and friendly .
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
working environment is good, there are no fixed working time schedules, offer full time and permanent positions. Day to day transactions and selling lending products are main KPI
Advancement opportunity!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2018
O.k place to work. The shift work is hard to adjust to. Day Afternoons evenings. Gossip between co-workers is horrible. Bonuses, lunch, and benefits are great. Yearly raises but since minimum wage went up were all pretty much at the same level even if you been there for more than 3 years. Management needs to be more careful who they hire!! We do not need to work in poisoned environment!! Overall job itself is good a little stressful at times. But you do get used to it to an extent
Pros
Bonuses lunches benefits
Cons
open to late, shift work, gossip
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2018
I was with Cash Money for 5 years nothing bad to say about it just needed a change in life. Most enjoyable part of the the job is definitely the people and relationships built.
Full time employment
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2018
Collections environment, dealing with customers with delinquent accounts on a daily basis. Learned different ways to communicate with clients and solve issues related to delinquency. Culture used to be good but then changed and management was unfortunately unable to properly train staff with new software and policy changes and the hardest part of the job was to get proper answers from management regarding changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and to retain their business while working with great team members
Pros
Company events and bonus
Cons
Making employees pay for company events, not being allowed to bring significant others unless they are your spouse, and not being able to get straight answers to questions which should have straight answers.
Clients are great
CLIENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 July 2018
Lovely place to work, the clients were always amazing, the staff was friendly. I enjoyed the amount of leaning from the constant online education that was available at any time.
Pros
Interacting with clients
Cons
Great company to work for although some DM's need some extra training
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 June 2018
I am currently working with Cash Money still as a Branch Manager. I have been here for a few years. The only thing I could honestly request improvement is some of the District Managers. Some of them are so motivated and wanting to see their stores progress and get better while others sit in the shadows, take credit for your hard work and you don't get the recognition you deserve. It's also frustrating that you can't request to switch to a new DM without stepping on toes and creating some major tension and issues.

Manager salary is decent. Could be more especially if you have experience in the type of industry.

Targets can be impossible to reach as some stores have to pick up the slack of other stores not doing so well. Which in turn creates your bonus payout non existent.
Pros
Paid lunch every month, Raise every year, Consistant hours, Variety of shifts
Cons
Salary, some DM's level of support
Horrible Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 June 2018
Not very good management. Was bullied and constantly told i was not good enough. ESTABLISHMENT RUN BY INSECURE PEOPLE. would never return to that company. Its all about politics , who you know and how they like you kissing up to them.
Pros
free monthly meals
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CASH MONEY. Our community is ready to answer.