Cascadia Metals

Canada22 reviews

Insights into Cascadia Metals

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

It's a toxic environment

Some people are great and they somewhat look after them. Management & HR is on a consistent rotation, which makes it difficult for continuous improvements and employee mental health follow ups. They are mostly about advertising then they are being accomplished (as you might see they get carried away in the their own review). You have to pick the right side as soon as you understand the management scheme. There's no tiers (or tears) when it comes to advancement. You can do more then you're asked but are not appreciated for it. The champion mindset is for this one dude to make it to the top. They are very transparent about their hidden agenda at times. Just ask. The right person, of course. Be careful when you asked for help from HR. They might just find a way to predetermine how to terminate you rather then helping.

Pros

Some people

Cons

Everthing else

Toxic

Bad management really bad the supervisors bully you all the time and no body want to work there because as soon as everyone comes to work they want to go home, co workers are really nice but really bad management, and if you work there no matter who you are management will talk bad things behind your back. And this is including HR

like working here

i have been working here for over a year. the company is really great and they care about their employees. They want to make sure everyone has a work life balance and do their best to change the negative mindset of some older workers. They newer workers have no issues. The older ones are just grumpy and need a reason to complain about anything. This is a great company to work for. Great company that cares for their employees

Pros

bonuses, boot allowance, engagement

Toxic work environment

Cascadia Metals is an incredibly toxic work environment, with loads of negativity both from co-workers and management. Incredibly dirty workplace. Bigotry runs rampant at this workplace.

Pros

Forklifting

Pathetic Culture

The organization is not employee friendly. I had to fly to home country for to attend a medical emergency. After returning, they fired me without any explanation. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Great Company, even greater co-workers

If you chose to stay and show up everyday you can, not even a fast paced workplace.. Excellent advancement opportunites... and training...Open Warehouse workplace, so its cold during Winter and vice versa

Pros

Overtime

Cons

male dominated workplace because girls dont stay ;)

10/10 would recommend

Started working here a couple months ago. First of all negative comments are from enraged individuals. Work environment is top notch all they ask is work hard, which is not much at all to ask. Great community and work to be apart of. Very fair in decisions etc great benefits etc all round tremendous work environment nothing negative at all.

Pros

Work environment, pay, bonuses community

Good pay, too much drama, good company

If there was less drama and more focus of getting the job done and going home I would have stayed. Has Christmas party, gifts, buffet, regular perks, food, OT, training, bonuses, boot allowance.

Pros

Perks, pay, experience

Cons

Commute, drama, job hazards

Boys club

This company is run by a couple older gentleman who dont value women in the workplace well. Extremely religious. Very knee jerk reaction type of company to work for.

Excellent Company for a Lifetime Career

I have been happily employed by Cascadia Metals for a little under a year. It is rare to find a company as large as it is, with a tight knit family feel. The people are great, and it is exciting to be working for a company that is growing so rapidly. In my experience all opinions are welcome, and advancement goes to those who seek it. I get to wake up every morning, go to a job I enjoy, for a company I am happy to represent.

Poorly organized and run workplace with major interpersonal issues.

The work itself is fairly typical involving moving material with forklifts and by hand. Poor management makes for an oppressive atmosphere. Any outstanding issues fell on deaf ears or made attitudes towards any concerned parties prickly and rude.

Great place to work- Awesome culture & Environment

Management cares about staff needs, safety and workplace happiness. Family owned company that values work- life balance. Great benefits, flexible hours.

Inappropriate employment practices

Hired as a permanent full-time employee but as soon as benefits were about to become payable I was shown the door. Very little leadership from management and lots of dishonesty.

Official response from Cascadia Metals

19 August 2019
I'm sorry your employment with us did not work out. When we hire, we hire in hopes of having an employee for life. We celebrate passing probationary periods and are more than happy to have team members on our industry best benefits plan. I assure you that the cost of benefits has nothing to do with whether we retain an employee after their probation. Company fit, work ethic and attendance are the only criteria to being a Cascadia team member. We wish you the best of luck with what comes next for you.

Fine place to work

All management jobs are locked in place so advancement is unlikely. like anywhere else it has good and bad people. easy work but the politics are a bit much.

Worst company i have ever worked for

I was getting bullied at work, so i told my managers and nothing got done. So after few months i got work safe involved and told my manager i will be having a file number soon. I came in to work the next day got fired without a cause. This company is the worst company.dont waste your time there. i feel bad for the employees there.rate r low. Everyone's leaves that place no one stays.

Official response from Cascadia Metals

30 September 2019
We take bullying and harassment very seriously here and I'm sorry if you feel you were mistreated in any way. It is our goal to ensure that all of our workers feel comfortable coming to work. As part of our thorough investigation into your comments at the time, it was determined that perhaps not all that you claimed was the truth and the dismissal of your WorkSafe claim does back that up. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

bunch of bullies.

Was a great place to work for, just gone down hill. its all about the profit, managers and owner don't give two cents about their employees. if your a brown nose your a lifer. you get 30 plus an hour. if not sorry no raise for you except the 1.5% annual raise. Supervisors bully their way up the ladder and step on every person below them, unless your one of the brown nose. if your one of the brown nose you literally don't have to work, get raises and praises. I see bunch of guys stand around or on their phones all day while everyone else picks up their slack. first company ive ever worked for were people get away sitting at a chair on their phones for an hour and not get into trouble. Im so glad I left last year before it even got worst hearing the story's. Stay away from this company! come join them if you like racism, sexism, favouritism, watch supervisors do nothing and get yelled at doing your job. alot of the managers have no clue what goes on around them. they only believe what their trusty brown nose employees tell them. Im not a disgruntle ex employee, just speaking the truth about this company the head office Delta location. Dont say I didnt warn you.

Pros

some of the people are great. pay is great if you can get there.

Cons

too many to list.

Great family company, lots of room for advancement if you work for it.

Cascadia has undergone unprecedented growth in the last few years and with this growth has come a lot of positives, and obviously, some negatives. They do try and learn from the negatives. Work/life balance is great, pay is competitive, benefits are fully covered and a great RRSP program and the Personal Days are good as well. The company's culture continues to get better and better with the help of new programs and the support of our long term employees and management. If you have a good work ethic and a good attitude, you will succeed here.

Pros

Good wages, good benefits and solid company

Cons

Limited transit access

Terrible place to work!

Owners want change but department heads don't . Toxic environment lots of back stabbing and dissfunction. Shipping Manager thinks he runs the place and interferes in other employees responsibilities. He has a terrible attitude and no respect for others. HR should have there hands full with this place!

Pros

Wage and benefits

Cons

No support from management

Sheet metal distrubtor

A growing company that is amoung the leaders in sheet metal goods. Drive forklift unload and load trucks and containers and build orders for shipping. Also a cut line where metal is cut from a master coil into sheets packaged onto skids for shipping.

Fun work enviroment

Picked steel orders with forklift and then loaded the orders on the truck. Drove tractor trailer and delivered to customers all over Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Pros

Amazing management and employees

Cons

Winter weather was difficult when working in -45 degrees

Boring job

I operated a gas powered weed wacker. It was a boring job for the summer. I sometimes helped fix some machinery. I can't remember, it has been so long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascadia Metals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8