Cascadia Metals

Cascadia Metals Employee Reviews

This company is run by a couple older gentleman who dont value women in the workplace well. Extremely religious. Very knee jerk reaction type of company to work for.
Started working here a couple months ago. First of all negative comments are from enraged individuals. Work environment is top notch all they ask is work hard, which is not much at all to ask. Great community and work to be apart of. Very fair in decisions etc great benefits etc all round tremendous work environment nothing negative at all.
Pros
Work environment, pay, bonuses community
If there was less drama and more focus of getting the job done and going home I would have stayed. Has Christmas party, gifts, buffet, regular perks, food, OT, training, bonuses, boot allowance.
Pros
Perks, pay, experience
Cons
Commute, drama, job hazards
I have been happily employed by Cascadia Metals for a little under a year. It is rare to find a company as large as it is, with a tight knit family feel. The people are great, and it is exciting to be working for a company that is growing so rapidly. In my experience all opinions are welcome, and advancement goes to those who seek it. I get to wake up every morning, go to a job I enjoy, for a company I am happy to represent.
The work itself is fairly typical involving moving material with forklifts and by hand. Poor management makes for an oppressive atmosphere. Any outstanding issues fell on deaf ears or made attitudes towards any concerned parties prickly and rude.
Management cares about staff needs, safety and workplace happiness. Family owned company that values work- life balance. Great benefits, flexible hours.
Hired as a permanent full-time employee but as soon as benefits were about to become payable I was shown the door. Very little leadership from management and lots of dishonesty.
19 August 2019
I'm sorry your employment with us did not work out. When we hire, we hire in hopes of having an employee for life. We celebrate passing probationary periods and are more than happy to have team members on our industry best benefits plan. I assure you that the cost of benefits has nothing to do with whether we retain an employee after their probation. Company fit, work ethic and attendance are the only criteria to being a Cascadia team member. We wish you the best of luck with what comes next for you.
All management jobs are locked in place so advancement is unlikely. like anywhere else it has good and bad people. easy work but the politics are a bit much.
I was getting bullied at work, so i told my managers and nothing got done. So after few months i got work safe involved and told my manager i will be having a file number soon. I came in to work the next day got fired without a cause. This company is the worst company.dont waste your time there. i feel bad for the employees there.rate r low. Everyone's leaves that place no one stays.
30 September 2019
We take bullying and harassment very seriously here and I'm sorry if you feel you were mistreated in any way. It is our goal to ensure that all of our workers feel comfortable coming to work. As part of our thorough investigation into your comments at the time, it was determined that perhaps not all that you claimed was the truth and the dismissal of your WorkSafe claim does back that up. We wish you well in your new endeavors.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cascadia Metals?
Was a great place to work for, just gone down hill. its all about the profit, managers and owner don't give two cents about their employees. if your a brown nose your a lifer. you get 30 plus an hour. if not sorry no raise for you except the 1.5% annual raise. Supervisors bully their way up the ladder and step on every person below them, unless your one of the brown nose. if your one of the brown nose you literally don't have to work, get raises and praises. I see bunch of guys stand around or on their phones all day while everyone else picks up their slack. first company ive ever worked for were people get away sitting at a chair on their phones for an hour and not get into trouble. Im so glad I left last year before it even got worst hearing the story's. Stay away from this company! come join them if you like racism, sexism, favouritism, watch supervisors do nothing and get yelled at doing your job. alot of the managers have no clue what goes on around them. they only believe what their trusty brown nose employees tell them. Im not a disgruntle ex employee, just speaking the truth about this company the head office Delta location. Dont say I didnt warn you.
Pros
some of the people are great. pay is great if you can get there.
Cons
too many to list.
Cascadia has undergone unprecedented growth in the last few years and with this growth has come a lot of positives, and obviously, some negatives. They do try and learn from the negatives. Work/life balance is great, pay is competitive, benefits are fully covered and a great RRSP program and the Personal Days are good as well. The company's culture continues to get better and better with the help of new programs and the support of our long term employees and management. If you have a good work ethic and a good attitude, you will succeed here.
Pros
Good wages, good benefits and solid company
Cons
Limited transit access
This was a great company but its in decline. You can see signs that say there are new caps on benefits, no OT on stat weeks, so on. Bullies and bad workers have been integrated in with expansion. Good employees leaving the company.
Pros
Donuts, ot, coffee
Cons
Management is getting tight on the pay and benefits, advancement and training are slow
30 September 2019
Thank you for giving your feedback. Doughnuts are a definite plus! We have focused on hiring new employees that will add to the culture we wish to achieve here. There is overtime available to staff from time to time, but the memo was trying to explain that we will be following the Employment Standards Act. We did put a standard industry cap on prescription drug limits as it permitted us to offer better benefits in other categories. The cap we set has never been close to being reached in 30 years and therefore affected nobody, just gave you better benefits in other areas. If you ever have questions regarding memos or changes to policies, I urge you to reach out to your HR rep to have them fully explain everything. Thank you again.
Great place to gain skill and experience. Learnt a great deal and it's gotten me where I am today. I appreciate all I learnt there. I would say that if the snr staff could stop being so bitter and mean it would be a great place to work.
Pros
good to the people they like
Cons
terrible to the people they dislike
Owners want change but department heads don't . Toxic environment lots of back stabbing and dissfunction. Shipping Manager thinks he runs the place and interferes in other employees responsibilities. He has a terrible attitude and no respect for others. HR should have there hands full with this place!
Pros
Wage and benefits
Cons
No support from management
A growing company that is amoung the leaders in sheet metal goods. Drive forklift unload and load trucks and containers and build orders for shipping. Also a cut line where metal is cut from a master coil into sheets packaged onto skids for shipping.
Picked steel orders with forklift and then loaded the orders on the truck. Drove tractor trailer and delivered to customers all over Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Pros
Amazing management and employees
Cons
Winter weather was difficult when working in -45 degrees
I operated a gas powered weed wacker. It was a boring job for the summer. I sometimes helped fix some machinery. I can't remember, it has been so long.
training is nildo everyone else's job but what you were hired formanagement / no support or spineco workers friendlyhardest part of job is being allowed to do what you are hired forthe most enjoyable part is most of the customers
Pros
good hours fair pay
Cons
no support, no respect