Cascadia Metals Employee Reviews

Poorly organized and run workplace with major interpersonal issues.
call courier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 December 2019
The work itself is fairly typical involving moving material with forklifts and by hand. Poor management makes for an oppressive atmosphere. Any outstanding issues fell on deaf ears or made attitudes towards any concerned parties prickly and rude.
Great place to work- Awesome culture & Environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC25 November 2019
Management cares about staff needs, safety and workplace happiness. Family owned company that values work- life balance. Great benefits, flexible hours.
Inappropriate employment practices
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC16 August 2019
Hired as a permanent full-time employee but as soon as benefits were about to become payable I was shown the door. Very little leadership from management and lots of dishonesty.
19 August 2019

I'm sorry your employment with us did not work out. When we hire, we hire in hopes of having an employee for life. We celebrate passing probationary periods and are more than happy to have team members on our industry best benefits plan. I assure you that the cost of benefits has nothing to do with whether we retain an employee after their probation. Company fit, work ethic and attendance are the only criteria to being a Cascadia team member. We wish you the best of luck with what comes next for you.

Fine place to work
Yardman/Floater (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 August 2019
All management jobs are locked in place so advancement is unlikely. like anywhere else it has good and bad people. easy work but the politics are a bit much.
Worst company i have ever worked for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC24 July 2019
I was getting bullied at work, so i told my managers and nothing got done. So after few months i got work safe involved and told my manager i will be having a file number soon. I came in to work the next day got fired without a cause. This company is the worst company.dont waste your time there. i feel bad for the employees there.rate r low. Everyone's leaves that place no one stays.
30 September 2019

We take bullying and harassment very seriously here and I'm sorry if you feel you were mistreated in any way. It is our goal to ensure that all of our workers feel comfortable coming to work. As part of our thorough investigation into your comments at the time, it was determined that perhaps not all that you claimed was the truth and the dismissal of your WorkSafe claim does back that up. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

Great family company, lots of room for advancement if you work for it.
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada23 April 2019
Cascadia has undergone unprecedented growth in the last few years and with this growth has come a lot of positives, and obviously, some negatives. They do try and learn from the negatives. Work/life balance is great, pay is competitive, benefits are fully covered and a great RRSP program and the Personal Days are good as well. The company's culture continues to get better and better with the help of new programs and the support of our long term employees and management. If you have a good work ethic and a good attitude, you will succeed here.
Pros
Good wages, good benefits and solid company
Cons
Limited transit access
High turnover and constant temps
Forklift Operator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 February 2019
This was a great company but its in decline. You can see signs that say there are new caps on benefits, no OT on stat weeks, so on. Bullies and bad workers have been integrated in with expansion. Good employees leaving the company.
Pros
Donuts, ot, coffee
Cons
Management is getting tight on the pay and benefits, advancement and training are slow
30 September 2019

Thank you for giving your feedback. Doughnuts are a definite plus! We have focused on hiring new employees that will add to the culture we wish to achieve here. There is overtime available to staff from time to time, but the memo was trying to explain that we will be following the Employment Standards Act. We did put a standard industry cap on prescription drug limits as it permitted us to offer better benefits in other categories. The cap we set has never been close to being reached in 30 years and therefore affected nobody, just gave you better benefits in other areas. If you ever have questions regarding memos or changes to policies, I urge you to reach out to your HR rep to have them fully explain everything. Thank you again.

Good place to gain experience
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 January 2019
Great place to gain skill and experience. Learnt a great deal and it's gotten me where I am today. I appreciate all I learnt there. I would say that if the snr staff could stop being so bitter and mean it would be a great place to work.
Pros
good to the people they like
Cons
terrible to the people they dislike
Terrible place to work!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 December 2018
Owners want change but department heads don't . Toxic environment lots of back stabbing and dissfunction. Shipping Manager thinks he runs the place and interferes in other employees responsibilities. He has a terrible attitude and no respect for others. HR should have there hands full with this place!
Pros
Wage and benefits
Cons
No support from management
Sheet metal distrubtor
First Aid Attendant / Shipper-Reciever (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
A growing company that is amoung the leaders in sheet metal goods. Drive forklift unload and load trucks and containers and build orders for shipping.
Also a cut line where metal is cut from a master coil into sheets packaged onto skids for shipping.
Fun work enviroment
Truck Driver (AZ) Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB28 December 2017
Picked steel orders with forklift and then loaded the orders on the truck. Drove tractor trailer and delivered to customers all over Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Pros
Amazing management and employees
Cons
Winter weather was difficult when working in -45 degrees
Boring job
Maintenance/Janitorial Handyman (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC4 January 2017
I operated a gas powered weed wacker. It was a boring job for the summer. I sometimes helped fix some machinery. I can't remember, it has been so long.
great job description to bad the job is not the same
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Acheson Ab13 May 2012
training is nil
do everyone else's job but what you were hired for
management / no support or spine
co workers friendly
hardest part of job is being allowed to do what you are hired for
the most enjoyable part is most of the customers
Pros
good hours fair pay
Cons
no support, no respect