Cascades logo
Cascades

Cascades Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace

It was a nice working environment and the hours were good, it's easy to get the hang of what your supposed to do there.

Everything bad

Hire and fire season when you work here you get a raise doesn’t make a difference they don’t keep you past your 3 months at this place wouldn’t recommend work for these people

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything else

micro management qui tord le citron

culture de micro management -non nano même - pression inutile - en plein Covid met de la pression pour aller en Ontario !!! J'avais pas envie de mourrir pour cette entreprise !! Aucune considération -

Right Place to work

There is opportunities of learning new skills every time, as long as you focus well with your duties and consider for health and safety nobody will follow you behind directly.

Disorganized, bad communication with departments

They hired employees for one position and have to do another position. They said will be training, that never happen. One of the values of the company is tell the truth, but you can't really say what's wrong because RRHH put you in the black list. RRHH doesn't support the employees. There is a lack of training, correct tools to work, and support. The health insurance is bad đź‘Ž! The co-workers are nice and I think this is a plus here. Takes more than 1 year to understand how the company works. You're a number for this company. The pay is low for all the job you have to do.

Pros

You can buy clothes with cascades logo with the amount the give you every year.

Cons

You don’t have the right tools to work, a lot work

work you to death

one of the worst places i have ever worked ,,very unorganized ,3 weeks to get keys for bins ,just give me random keys to try ,seemed like every day i would get a call asking me to do more ,poor supply of needed parts ,train you to work unsafe ,equipment not looked after ,office doesn t seem to know what s going on and puts the blame on corporate , paper work for pickups out of date wrong #s ,no locations ,times company s are open basically a fly be night company , dirty trucks ,yard, lunch room ,locker room

Pros

some of the people are ok

Cons

everything else

Worst company to work

The place doesn’t maintain any equipment, no one cares about anything around there. Pay is less then market value, barely any ot and All the employees hate the company. If your desperate for a job then stay in ei instead.

Pros

40 hr week guarantee

Cons

Everything else

Terrible

I had a terrible time working there management was a complete joke, there were no safety guidelines. I was written up for refusing to work in unsafe conditions when I was employed. I’ve heard there has been a recent change in management

Pros

Great for experience with machines

Cons

(When I was there) management, unsafe conditions for work

Terrible

The management is truly horrible ... if they decide they don’t like you on a personal level you’re done ... nothing is ever good enough . I gave up a successful career in the oilfield to be closer to home and they broke every promise. Working there was the worst experience of my life ....

Good for some. Terrible for others.

A lot of people there are good employees. Some remember where they came from and are humble, helpful and genuinely decent human beings. Others are on a pedestal and will constantly attempt to make you feel like it’s a privilege to be in the same room as them.Labour pool system in Trenton is a joke (where you will start). Only considered a part time employee (some in management will remind you just in case you forget) even though you work multiple 60 hour weeks. No benefits, not allowed to have a uniform, no job security and shifts are changed consistently with no notice so if you try to have a life outside of the mill or you have kids, good luck. They expect you to do this for many years and the entire time you’re in the labour pool, it doesn’t count for anything.Once you finally get a full time job there, you still have a 600 hour probationary period even after multiple years of walking on eggshells in the labour pool. Life gets better once you get to this point other than a 2 tier pay system where some can get $4+ an hour for doing the same job as you. Lots of retention issues on the production, maintenance and management sides. Just can’t keep people for some reason (read labour pool section again). Supervisors are good and many have lots of experience from being members of production so they get it. Multiple management members have either been fired or resigned so not sure what is the issue is but it almost resembles a revolving door. Hopeful for an improvement but it seems like a conversation to make that happen is always on the back burner.

Pros

Decent pay for this area. Everyday is something new.

Cons

Labour pool system. Poor retention/always short handed.

Jobs at Cascades

See more jobs

Another factory that is about to close

Management have run this place into the ground and are now cutting anything that might help it reach the now unattainable goals set by corporate. Management has adversarial role with union production team, zero succession planning for an aging workforce. Years of little or no maintenance has left the whole building with duct tape and baling wire holding the place together.

Pros

It's a job, some really good people there

Cons

More not so nice people, management has no idea what they are doing

Do not work here

Do not work here under any circumstances. Used to be a good place but over the years it has become more corporatized and fake family values that do not actually exist except in videos for new employees. Throw this job in the recycle bin where it belongs.

Pros

Not working here

Cons

HR and upper management

The hardest part was yesterday

It's just a job, and for many who aren't as lucky don't have work, we've had trouble holding on to people mainly because of the pay, or dealing with drama in the workplace but that's a people problem mostly. They just walk down the street and see signs up with higher pay. Most positions are not paid fairly enough, but the company does have good benefits. Low wages at a time when costs are going up, can lead to major loss of employees as they have no other choice but to find better paying jobs, we have felt this heavily these past few years, and have lost many workers. The jobs on the floor can be very stressful, learning to cope and work with that stress is a challenge. We have busy days where workload goes to extremes, and slow days. Good thing is that means there's always work and there's less of a chance of losing your job, or dealing with unfortunate layoffs. Good friendly staff, and I do like many of our Roll off drivers, good friendly easy going people surely helps the days go by faster. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, I've had the opportunity of meeting several new people, a special thanks to our management team. I have never seen that many people quit in any place I've been at, I have learned many new skills through this company and got the opportunity to drive equipment something I may never have had the opportunity elsewhere. The hardest part of the job has to be dealing with dirtier loads in a timely manner, both dirty and clean side, removing cardboard off of stapled skids at times some of this can get very ridiculous, or the loads are not -

Pros

Easy employment as there's almost always an opening, stable work hours, good benefits

Cons

Drama, shifts competing for no reason, not the greatest management, and staff quitting.

Interesting workplace culture with disrespectful higher upa

Easy enough job, got adequate training. Unfortunate to see it falling apart because of the egos in the office. Corporate tried hard to have control of situations, but disrespected a-lot of the people who had been working there since the company opened. A-lot of the culture was drenched in gossip about other employees, and a few toxic individuals spoiled what many had going for them. sad to see it. The money is so good though.

Pros

great benefits, great breaks

Cons

Hr, toxic office culture

poor place to work

Manager would hire drivers October to December during their busy period fully intending to fire them before they could come under the union protection.

Pros

just a pay check, plan an exit as soon as you start

Cons

no upsides whatsoever

Not alot of Pros

Highly stressful environment. Very low pay compare to the market.Don't take the job if you have something else.Senior Management doesn't care about employees &corporate culture

Pros

Not many

Cons

Stressful.

good

It was a fun, cool place to work at I made a good work bestie, It was sad that I had to leave because my work bestie got made charge of the crew that I was working with.

Pros

Nope Bring your own lunch

Cons

Full time

Cascades-Belleville, On

By far the worst place I have ever worked- unsafe and extremely dirty ( I am not afraid to get dirty) No air purification system in place, toxic dust all over the place- I guess that is why the only good thing about this place is the decent pay. They also do not fix their roof, and it leaks when it rains and they fix it with tarps, houses and garbage cans that sit around for days. Someone please tell me there is no contaminants in that water. How is that safe? There was little to no training when I started and I was asked to read all the H&S training on my own time before starting the job-not paid. I worked here for 6 months and was let go 12 hours before my probation was up. My first review was good, second review was not good yet nothing had changed with my work ethic. Y’all don’t know me but I work hard , this place doesn’t know hard work. So if you like to stand around apply. If anyone wants to find out for themselves apply here and accept the job. It doesn’t matter if you’re a good worker. They hire people when they need extra help for their “unionized employees.” There is also a lack of strong leadership in this workplace. They have been through over 3 plant managers in the past year.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Unsafe

Fast paced environment with nice and friendly people.

Fast paced environment with nice and friendly people. The company gives all the tools required to do your job, and the managers support you on day-to-day tasks. Very nice people, good benefits.

Decent pay. Management is terrible.

The pay is decent for the area. However the work culture is terrible. Most employees hate management. Let alone the gossip and complaining about each other. There is little too no training provided. The equipment is ancient and they dont even do preventive maintenance. Just wait until the machine breaks then try to repair.

Pros

Decent pay for maintenance

Cons

Management is terrible, Unorganized, No leadership, little training

Did not enjoy working there

They wee constantly changing the sales goals. They would set seemingly unattainable goals, but then when they were achieved would come up with some reason to not pay the commission/bonus and would change it form monthly to quarterly to yearly, in hopes that you would quit or get fired before so they didn't have to pay you. Even after I achieved all the goals they still didn't pay what was in my contract. Not a great place if you are in sales.

Pros

environmental impact makes you feel good

Cons

unethical switching of contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascades. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement