CASA LOMA Employee Reviews

not worth it u can do better
Server/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2019
find a better job, barely any tips, high turnover its boring, greedy managers, weird kitchen staff, honestly a waste of time, the kitchen is filthy. find abetter job
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2019
It was fun to work there for the summer, but the management is questionable and it's not something I would do for very long. MY coworkers were older than me since I was still in high school, but everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Assisting guests (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2019
Good job to get started in working, respectful people and cooperative, Get a sense of the Castle and learn new things every day, meet a lot of people who come in with their families.
no thanks
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario CANADA4 November 2018
I was contracted to production design and manage their Legends of Horror yearly event every year since it's inception in 2016. I did the job they paid me. What else can I say.
My Casa Loma Summary
1 Austin Terrace - Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  1 Austin Terrace - Dishwasher28 January 2018
I would get into work, start cleaning up from last nights event which is a 2-3 man job, that was a typical day. I've learned almost everything there is to know such as, the importance of teamwork. Management was clueless, I was their rugrat for them to do anything. It was pretty multicultural but to many people coming and going. The hardest part is I was breaking my back for them for over 3 years but still never got noticed, or even a raise. But in the end I realized because of all that I have a lot more knowledge about the world and work environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
10-12 hour shifts mostly
Garbage
Assistant Chief Steward/ F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Bad management/Ownership
The salary is a joke
No over time
No breaks
Long shifts exceeding 12hrs
Rarely any shift gaps
Late on sending payment via in hand charge system
Do not work here
Server/Bartender/Hostess/Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Poor hours, way to long, work place violations, health and safety violations, no breaks, disgusting conditions, corrupt management, constantly changing staff because of the horrible conditions
Pros
Cons
everything
friendly, well organized, and team oriented
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
A typical day at work for me is working with my team members to provide a fun and memorable experience for visitors to Casa Loma. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team members and bringing smiles to people's faces
nice scenery
Bartender, FOH, Server, Waiter, Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
its a lovely place to work if you admire the place but sometimes under pressure a lot of people will get on your back to do your job and I learned from that place what it is to work under pressure.
Pros
free food
Cons
You get to work in a real castle
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Be ready to hit the ground running
tourism & catering based business
unique work environment
small team
lovely historical building
not the easiest place to get to for transportation
Nice place in itself, meet lots of interesting people
Guest Services (temporary) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
I work part time. I like that they are very flexible about schedules.
I don't think they look after their permanent staff very well though. People don't seam to be very happy working there. A lot of complaining at lunch time.
You see so many people everyday, it is an exciting place in that aspect.
Co-workers are easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everyday work not very organized
Logistic coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Bad management, thats all I can say. Expect trouble on a daily basis.... Not worth it. management would ask of people to do things against whimis, safty regulations, try to deny work, get fired.. simple as that.
What a great place to work !
Event Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
Absolutely loved my job. I was very good at my job! I was awarded the best employee of Casa Loma as well as best employee of my department.
I was very familiar with the rules and regulations of the city with regards to running an event at Casa Loma. I promoted the Castle by touring prospective clients throughout the establishment. With my knowledge, and people skills we were successful in booking many weddings and social events. I also took care of wedding rehearsals, new years celebrations, ghost tracking events, symphony in the gardens and various other social events.
The only reason for leaving was the disrespect shown to the existing knowledgeable staff by the new managing caterer. Made working there impossible.
Pros
Very familiary with every aspect of the job.
Cons
New management were very disrespectful.
Productive, and fun atmosphere. great staff
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2016
A typical day at Casa Loma is making sure the guests are satisfied and enjoying the tour. Working in guest services means you have to be flexible and be able to adapt to every situation. You learn how to be patient yet efficient, and there is always work to be done. My coworkers are friendly and make the job much more enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is making sure the castle is kept tidy, however I enjoy helping out our guests and making sure they're enjoying their time. All in all Casa Loma is a great place and I thoroughly enjoy working there.
Pros
Great staff, flexible shifts, free coffee and staff discounts. fun atomosphere
Cons
Long Hours
pkay
Banquets Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
tiring work but very easy to mange. setting up tables according to events and handing out food to the guests. at the end of even we get to eat the food that was prepare for the event good food
Venue Manager for tourist photography company
SHARP SHOOTER IMAGING (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
I was responsible for the everyday operations of running a souvenir photography company located in side a popular tourist destination.

My duties included managing a team of 5-20 employees, product control and ordering, scheduling, cash handling, photography among other things.
Well-handled services, organized
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2015
The staff works hard and provides great service as well as assistance to each other during service hours. Customers are always valued and conflict is resolved professionally.
Cool museum
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2014
The castle is a special place to work. The pay isn't high but I liked being a part of Toronto's living history.
Pros
Amazing building
Cons
Low pay, Tourists
Unique and generally relaxed environment
Employee (Front Door and Audio Desk) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2014
A typical day entailed either working at the front desk or the audio desk. Front desk tasks included checking tickets, manning the first floor, handing out maps in the language that the visitor required, giving them basic instructions, and folding maps. The audio desk tasks included handing out audio guides and giving each visitor instructions on how to use them, using a handheld transceiver to keep in contact with the other employees, cleaning and organizing the audio guides, as well as operating the elevator for handicapped visitors. My coworkers were extremely helpful and pleasant.