Caryl Baker Visage

Caryl Baker Visage Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
the place is nice. sometimes the store would get very busy but on the other hand it would get very busy. overall, is a good place to work if you love talking to people and most of the time doing nothing but cleaning the place.
Pros
not too crowded
Cons
If you're educated in this field, do not consider working for the company. It gets frustrating and disappointing because basically everything is done the company's way and anything you've had previous experience or education in gets thrown out the window. Not to mention the mismanaged, slow, and poorly owned location. Being hired as full time, I was scheduled 35-40 hours a week, but was sent home early, or asked to come in later almost every shift..so my hours averaged about 25 hours a week. Not an ideal place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many to list
You have to have passion to work here because there is lots to study and know. If you don’t have a passion in this industry and in customer service and selling, then this job isn’t for you.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Lots to know
The company itself has a few flaws, but the location I was at is very disorganized and unprofessional at times. I think it depends on what location you're at and the management.
Pros
access to products and services
Cons
understaffed, pressure for sales, long hours, high expectations
Like any other retail job it is a very competitive environment.
There is a very long training program that you have to complete before you can start working at the store, so be ready for that (it's super worth it though, you learn A LOT).
Keep searching, this company does not value the true talent that you have to provide. They only care about sales. At the end of the day this is a sales position & that's what they should advertise it as. Management is VERY unperfessional. The comments they made towards me were entirely uncalled for & should NOT be said. I'm not here to tell you don't work for Caryl baker, the company is great. I'm telling you do NOT work for London location. There is no room for growth unless your family, you make $14 hr no commission, they are rude and truly couldn't careless about you at the end of the day. I LOVED the girls I worked with , and I will miss them but it comes to a point where you put yourself first & move on.
Pros
Discount on products, great clientele
Cons
No time off, terrible management, no room for growth, low wage, terrible hours
Horrible company to work for. Are promised way more than they can actually deliver. Got hired as a beauty consultant and they put me through A few days of training outside of the city. Manager made promises to me that I would receive more training than she decided she didn't want to take the time to train me and seemed like she was frustrated. They told me it would take up to a year to get good at this job than fired me a week laterBasically hired me for no reason then tossed me away like I was nothing after they had made me quit my other job. They also only certify you under their company so they don't allow you to freelance or have any sort of other freelance jobs. Manager is also fake, she acts like she is the nicest person in the world then once you actually start working for her she's rude and talks down on you. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here to be honest.
Tips made it a better experience, as well as lovely customers. However, some improvements could be done within the Management Team in order to secure long-term employees.
I found while working at CBV that it was a very competitive environment, and often the managers would rather see only themselves advance in the company rather then helping other employees with sales tips, product knowledge, etc. I think other than that it was a good place to work if youre interested in the beauty industry
Upper management are difficult, without respect, and lack common business knowledge. Do not waste your time. There is no room for growth and you are expendable. Turnover is very high and the rate of pay is minimum wage with no increases. Hard to hit quotas as often as needed to bonus with overall poor structure. You never make commission. Management are often yelling at employees in front of clients.
Sad to say I had a terrible experience working at Masonville Place and White Oaks locations. They treated me great until I got unexpectedly pregnant. Management and owner are mothers yet treated me like an inconvenience rather than a human.They got mad, cut my hours to 10 a week maximum despite me pleading with them that I could not live off that little. Made me get up on bar height chairs at 7 months pregnant to clean and the owner insisted I clean a station that was exposed to Fifth's Disease while I was 5 months pregnant. Suffice to say, I did not return after mat leave. They even warn you that the job will make you cry at least once. They don't tell you though, that it is due to the poor work culture.They even got mad at a diabetic employee for having to go home after her blood sugar dropped. She was drenched in sweat and barely coherent and they had the audacity to bad mouth her when she left. Both management AND the owner did that. Overall, very clique-y, mean, and catty environment.
My location was terrible, only hand written receipts, any cash mistakes were taken from tips, basically have to beg for a day off, literally no care given about a personal life, you’re expected to treat this job as your one and only priority, girls are often forced to work 12 hour days if there’s a call in, owner watched the cameras from her phone constantly, all staff is constantly stressed to the max because of being treated so poorly. The girls from head office are all wonderful
Everyday was a whole new day. It was exciting and fun. Space for personal growth. The supervisors are like mentors as well as being like support in the business.
Good place to work and gain the necessary skills in an industry I'm looking to grow in.

I would recommend it for any students who are also looking for a career in the same industry.
Pros
Good people
Cons
was an ok workplace, management wasn't really supportive, weren't really eager to teach us new things or provide proper training's. Pay was minimum but we made good tips and good commission if we met our sales so that was a benefit of working here
Was a fun environment to work in. I met many nice people and learned much about service. Much had to be cleaned everyday. I had the learn about the products so I could recommend them to clients. Doing makeup art.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Cleaning
At typical day would be usually a lot of brow waxing, facials, makeup appointments and tons of ear piercing clients. Everyone is very helpful, very friendly and all the products are amazing
Fun place to work if you enjoy working with people. Most of the people you deal with are females. Training process is fun. This ensures that you are certified to perform facial services on clients.
Pros
Social environment
Cons
On your feet for long hours
Overall a great place to work and super friendly environment. Organized, sanitary and fun place to be. Great management and advanced training for employees.
Pros
Amazing co workers
Cons
Visage was definitely a good way to start a career in the field. The education program was amazing and I definitely learned a lot more about the field and added more to my overall abilities. However, starting in salon is completely different. Management is good with you when you first start out, they don't expect too much and they're pretty understanding of you not being able to sell to clients. But, when you're seasoned and you're not pulling in that $500 a day, that's when it gets bad. You're harassed to do your sales. You can't rest for a minute. Sometimes you're not even allowed to sit because heaven forbid a client sees you sitting. When management or your owner wants to you pull in more sales, they give you empty promises and make you feel like your one step away from reaching your promotion but in reality they'll never give it to you. You work so hard for these people and you truly get nothing more than a "Great Job!". You're led to believe that there's so much potential for growth when the reality is they're just gonna keep you at your wage, upping your sales every single day until you lose your mind and decide that enough is enough. The turn over rate is through the roof. Employees are treated horribly - working long hours on your feet, having to stand in the hall and handout flyers that no one really wants and finally the most embarrassing part of all, cashing out clients VIA hand written invoices. It's the era of technology and that's the Point of Sale system that this company decides to use. And I get it, you want to turn a profit but there are some places where - more...
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management Owners Long Hours Pay Point of Sale System Outdated.
I worked for Upper Canada Mall Location the owner for that location was uncompassionate and rude. Money was the only item that this owner was interested in. Learning experience with the actual school was amazing, but the actually people in the store were extremely uptight.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Managemetn