Carters, Inc
Information from Carters, Inc:

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
I have been with this company for years, the promise growth and don't deliver. The have decided to demote people who work hard and are loyal to save a few dollars. The work life there is unfair to store level employee's but H.O doesn't go without a bonus or two. They cheat the store level out of bonuses. No matter how hard your work for them.
I was fortunate and had a wonderful regional out west. Too bad she had to go back to ontario. She was passionate, caring, accommodating and fun. She always worked with you
From the get go there has been little to no communication from home office and no help. The home office people expect you to drop everything and respond back to emails right away, but they hardly ever respond when one is sent to them. Their districts are too big which causes DM's to not even remember which store they have talked to or who needed help with what. They do very little training, you are thrown into the job to "sink or swim". It is hard to balance your home life well working here. The pay is moderate at best and your expected to do way more for what you get paid. Bonuses are a joke because they set store targets too high so it is by sure luck that you will hit bonus for your month. And there discount isn't that great it is only on regular priced product and you can only use your discount in your home store. The company needs to stop being cheap and spend money on training all staff from home office people right down to sale associates in stores. This would make the company function more like a well oiled machine versus a circus of drunken monkeys who don't know which end is up. The only plus thing I can say about this company is their product is by far the best, just wish they took as much time on making their product great and put that same enthusiasm in making their people great and show them that they care about their people as much as their product.
Pros
Staff in store was great and product was great
Cons
Everything else was terrible. Home office is no help. No communiction and little to no training.
I enjoy the job as the employees are amazing! I do really enjoy the faced pace workplace. Working with the public is so rewarding especially when they leave your store Happy.
No raises regardless how long you've worked with the company. No support or resources for management team. Completely overworked with the amount of product delivery pumped into the store. Demands are high from head office. Only focused on higher sales and opening new stores while the employees are over worked without any appreciation. Head office human resources is a complete utter joke with no support or accountability for decipline for associates that are not performing. No such thing as work life balance with this company. Disappointing seeing how it's a children's store. Huge turnover as employees get completely burned out.
Cons
A typical day would include opening shipments, getting stock onto the sales floor, helping customers with their purchases, and ringing customers in at the cash. As a manager I have to take hourly reads to check if we are meeting our sales targets. I also open and close the tills.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no bonuses, or benefits for part time
Large company
Good benefits

Great work life balance (one week end off every month)

Regular and pre determined bonus structure

Good training program
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.