Carters, Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from Carters, Inc:

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON14 reviews
I have been with this company for years, the promise growth and don't deliver. The have decided to demote people who work hard and are loyal to save a few dollars. The work life there is unfair to store level employee's but H.O doesn't go without a bonus or two. They cheat the store level out of bonuses. No matter how hard your work for them.
carters is a place to grow if you're willing to learn new things. it becomes your home away from home
it is a kids store, so you have the joys of getting to know the customers, what they want while interacting and for a second getting to be a child, with their child.

most enjoyable would be getting to know the customers closely.
unprofessional company

not much to learn

not fair

hard work

.......................
I was located at the carters at danforth and victoria park. The management was always changing and they were never professional. The workplace culture was on and off sometimes it was goood or bad its was all over the place.
Cons
Bad managers
love it! The fellow employees are the best part of this job!!! Helping customers find exactly what they are looking for is very rewarding! The only flaw is when hours are low during slow periods.
Carters is a pleasant and fun place to work. The management is supportive and the company believes in promoting from within. They believe in training their employees to understand the business fully.
Pros
Supportive, fun, team environment
Cons
no benefits
As a manager in training, I only made $0.25/hour more than sales associates, even though I had many more responsibilities and duties. I also found that the company didn't work to grow people, but preferred to hire new employees rather than promoting from within.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Leans toward outside hires, rather than promoting from within
The job itself was very fun, and I got a lot of good experience that will be beneficial to me in the future, but the owner of Carters Ice Cream was very mean, and often times hard to work for. She was rude to the customers, and we often missed out on sales because of that.
The owner is very nice, and the customers are what make the job amazing. It's a very demanding job that requires lots of physical labor while still holding a smile on your face.
At Carters its always nice to work with friendly and reliable co-workers and for a company that is stable and provides with a positive and peaceful environment so that the employees could easily concentrate on customer service and also be productive through their day at work.
Greeting and assisting customers
tidying the store and keeping it tidy throughout the day

Replenishing stock as needed

Friendly team environment

Merchandising new items as they come in
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
average pay, low hours during slow periods
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Carters Oshkosh was my first retail job and I feel I gained many valuable skills, such as merchandising and processing credit and cash returns and transactions. I really enjoyed being able to work hands on with the customers.
Spend the day assisting customers with purchases and buying decisions, and restock shelves as needed.
a typical day at work was long and stressful. I learned to breath and be patient when dealing with the public. Management didn't pick up their slack in the workplace they were more worried about being on their cell phones, I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team they were like my family. I didn't find anything hard about my job i was able to take on any task that was given and get it done. The most enjoyable part was the customers and making them have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
slacking management team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.