Carters, Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from Carters, Inc:

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB14 reviews
good customer service, great place to work at, great people to work with. its located in the mall, gets to be around little children and mothers.store contains everything your child needs.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not enough hours
I enjoyed working at this company. When my manager who hired me left us and a new one came to work with us, she did not like me at all, I could tell. Working there was nice overall.
This is a great place to work if you love being well overworked, underpaid and unappreciated ! Most staff are great, management not as great. Decent discount but not too many other benefits.
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
No appreciation for hard work
fun, easy going place to work
nice staff, customers are usually friendly as well.

every day is different so it is never boring. Lots to do but never stressful.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
hard to move up in the company
No raises regardless how long you've worked with the company. No support or resources for management team. Completely overworked with the amount of product delivery pumped into the store. Demands are high from head office. Only focused on higher sales and opening new stores while the employees are over worked without any appreciation. Head office human resources is a complete utter joke with no support or accountability for decipline for associates that are not performing. No such thing as work life balance with this company. Disappointing seeing how it's a children's store. Huge turnover as employees get completely burned out.
Cons
Got a lot of stocks everyday which make the stockroom overflown.
Had an opportunity to work in a retail store and I enjoyed a lot of my time working here
Job was great when the store was busy, during the dead hours you as an employee had to wander around aimlessly in your zone unable to be stationary even if there were no customers in the store. When customers entered your zone you approached them with a hello and see if there is anything you could help them with, if not you leave them be and come back in 5-10 minutes or if you see that a certain item has caught their attention, if your customer wants to purchase we would check if there was anyone at cash to help them or a line up that could be shortened by having both tills going simultaneously, if there is no one at cash we would attend to our customer from start to finish.
Pros
discount on carter's|oshkosh items
Cons
not enough hours, dead times, stuck in a single zone like greet all the time.
Co-workers are helpful, so we are a team. But when managers are present environment become unbearable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no appreciation
For the time that I worked there Carters/Osh kosh bigosh for the most part was a great place to work at. The staff I worked with was always friendly and supportive of each other.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
availablity :
The company requires a lot of work from their employees but they don't pay them enough. There are is no salary raise no matter how long you have worked for the company.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low salary, no benefits
Fun work place if not for the new management.
I love it how the sales associate are working as a team not individually.

It is considered a big company but there is no benefit at all and no salary increase especially to the people who are working with the company for a long time.
Pros
employee buying day
Cons
no salary increase
I enjoyed the time I spent there. The people I worked with made this job awesome. I had great management while I was there. There was a sense of teamwork which I really appreciated and enjoyed.
Pros
Management was flexible and understanding.
For the past two years of working at Carters Oshkosh is as is as it was from the beginning from the management to the team members, it has always been a happy and enjoyable work place and company to work with. I have learned so much about customer service and dealing with different kinds of people everyday. And still from this day giving me so much to learn and remember. The management is really good, they never made their employee as an employee but more of a family. We always work as a WHOLE and always got each others back, help and guide each and every one of us to make our goal everyday.
I worked here twice. First time, the store had just opened and I was one of the many associates to put the store together. After the 1 week it took us to put everything together for the Grand Opening, associates were only getting a few days a week. I had asked for part time, but I was getting less than part time.. I was getting maybe 1-2 days a week. I quit because I had started school and the manager could not accommodate my schedule. A few months later, I reapplied because my schedule had changed and I was desperate for work. I worked there for a month on 4-5 days a week..after that I worked 2-3 weeks with just 1-2 days a week and a low pay per hour rate. I wasn't getting very far with this company like I had hoped. I eventually wanted to become manager, but that ship sailed when I was hired again and put back to 1-2 days a week at 3-4 hours each.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.