Carters, Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from Carters, Inc:

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,301 reviews
Management was very open and friendly when I first got into the job. But after a couple of weeks, it started to become a lazy environment which was a result of the management. It's basically a bunch of nice ladies that struggle to run a business. All though, still a nice first job experience to have.
I've been working at Carter's since January 2020 and I've had only the best experiences. The manager and supervisors highly value employee training and development. The team is friendly and supportive. Workplace is relaxed, enjoyable and promotes creativity. Customers are generally nice and patient. Overall, a great place to work!
If you’re a sales associate you won’t get hours. But overall nice company and managers enjoyed interacting with customers and also being a part of the team
Good
Cons
N/a
As a young adult, being a sales associate is very manageable. The workload is average, and since it’s a small store it is easy to build new skills. It is a Great first time job.
Great place to work . Managers are stiff but other than that it's all around a great place .majority of it is black some white and Hispanic . You can listen to hip hop while there .
Pros
Ebryrhinf
Cons
Evrything
I enjoyed working for Carters . It’s plenty to do and many moving components .
I think the company should implement a better payroll program . Payroll is very slim and for that causing a big turn over with associates .

Overall , the company was fun and always a learning experience.
Pros
Strong recognition, incentives and engaging
Cons
Payroll, constant promotions
I really loved working here. The workers are really sweet and very helpful. It was very nice and organized and I couldn’t have asked for a better first job.
Once again I was promised a management position which is why I had left Tillys, then came to find out I had a pay cut and I was going to be a sales associate after I had already left my previous job
A typical day consists of keeping the store looking nice and heavily pushing the loyalty program and credit card applications at check-out. Management is at a great place now, however, the workload is still inconsistent for the low amount of pay. You will feel drained after more than four hours of a shift.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Low pay, High Expectations
I love all of the management and the culture of Carter's. As an accountant, it is the most flexible on work life balance, especially for those with children. They really care about the learning aspect and really good at teaching and making all feel included and motivated.
Pros
Caring
Cons
Short staffed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carters, Inc?
I work with this company on and off for about 3-4 years. I started as a sales associate, then moved up to part time sales manager. As a part time manager I was supposed to work 24 hours per-week but the schedule was used against us all the time. When I asked not to work a holiday (Easter) I was told I had to because I was not married and had no kids. Loved the company and felt that there trying hard to give their employees as much as possible. Just didn’t like the management.
Pros
Small store, good pay
Cons
Very boring working in the retail industry. Everyday it's the same thing.... Hang up and fold clothing. You are never allowed to work more than 40 hours so if you don't accomplish the tasks you have planned then you will work off the clock for free
First off the pay is absolute garbage for the industry $13 an hour. Let me put in to you in this regard. People on unemployment in my state during this COVID-19 pandemic make more than I do before my pay is taxed. I'm not even sure why I took this job because of that. Also the customers like I said are some of the nicest people or will curse you out over the phone the minute you connected to them because their order arrived a day late. Lastly the company does a real terrible job at relaying information to most customers regarding their orders and they cut your hours because of unrealistic expectations not being met. Yes I understand this review isn't glowing there's no such thing as a perfect job but when this company made this job feel like a rat race I was trapped in because quieting will exempt me from unemployment and this place barely lets me afford to put a roof over my head and eat. Oh yeah don't expect to be able to go to the bathroom unless you're on your break.
Pros
I got to work from home that's about it.
Cons
Pay is bad benefits are non existent for temps hours get cut, you get where I'm going with this.
I just started working here and so far I love the job!! You need to be energetic and active for this job. It’s a great place and a typical work day isn’t difficult. I love it so far.
Carter's is a fun place to work. Assisting new grandparents in selecting baby clothes for the first time is very rewarding.
The staff was very friendly, courteous and willing to help out.
Pros
Team playing
Best piece of advice. Get all the skills you can get and get out ASAP!!

1. It don’t matter how long you work there but every year a high school graduate can come in and earn as much as you. Think about that.

2. Sure they have some fancy policy to follow but how many leaders or associates follows it?

3. Yearly raises for full time employees are as good as temps that comes back every year.

4. Insurance for your dog is better than yours.
Pros
Flexibility because they desperately needs you or anyone
Cons
They treat their veterans worker horribly.
I learned what it takes and how to become a strong and confident team leader. I learned how to motivate my employees and excel daily sales goals. I really did enjoy my experience as a store manager.
Some departments at Carter's corporate office are better than others. The sales department has a poor culture that needs much work. The whole company is aware of the many issues within this department, however leadership seems to ignore it. There is very high employee turnover, favoritism, no room for growth (unless you are favored by management), poor work life balance for upper management, and hourly employees in more entry level positions are treated significantly worse than salaried employees. There is very little transparency from leadership throughout the company. Employees concerns are listened to, but never actioned on. Management and HR say they care about employees, however it is clear they only care about the company and revenue.
The retail department is larger and has a little more transparency. There are more cross functional relationships built which provides more opportunity for growth and career advancement. Retail department is extremely fast paced and cut throat. Work life balance is not great, many hours spent working over the weekends and past 5PM on the week days.

There is an extreme need for employees to review managers. It is clear that there are people that received no management training. If your manager is good then you are in luck, but if not, your ability to grow within the company and receive raises or promotions is almost impossible. Carter's is a good place to begin your career and make friends, however it is easy to get stuck here without any career growth. Pay is decent compared to the amount and quality of work that is expected. However
 - more...
Pros
Office is in a cool location in Buckhead
Cons
some toxic environments. many employees are not treated fairly. no opportunity for advancement
Carter’s allowed me to gain retail experience that benefited me for the future. I was able to transfer stores while in college. Whenever I’d come back home for the break I’d come back to Houston and then when school would start back up I’d go back to San Marcos. Good team environment in the stores.
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. DO NOT apply for this company. Harrassment is tolerated. They have no appreciation for employees and expect the employees to do EVERYTHING with no reward. Managers help with nothing and they're not trained.
Cons
Overall, my experience at Carter's was positive. I worked in a couple different departments, and each experience was different - none were terrible, yet, some better than others.
The 401k match is probably one of the best you'll come by, very generous vacation and sick days, and the half days before every holiday was a huge perk.