Carters, Inc Employee Review
Busy but fun place to be
I have been with this company for years, the promise growth and don't deliver. The have decided to demote people who work hard and are loyal to save a few dollars. The work life there is unfair to store level employee's but H.O doesn't go without a bonus or two. They cheat the store level out of bonuses. No matter how hard your work for them.
From the get go there has been little to no communication from home office and no help. The home office people expect you to drop everything and respond back to emails right away, but they hardly ever respond when one is sent to them. Their districts are too big which causes DM's to not even remember which store they have talked to or who needed help with what. They do very little training, you are thrown into the job to "sink or swim". It is hard to balance your home life well working here. The pay is moderate at best and your expected to do way more for what you get paid. Bonuses are a joke because they set store targets too high so it is by sure luck that you will hit bonus for your month. And there discount isn't that great it is only on regular priced product and you can only use your discount in your home store. The company needs to stop being cheap and spend money on training all staff from home office people right down to sale associates in stores. This would make the company function more like a well oiled machine versus a circus of drunken monkeys who don't know which end is up. The only plus thing I can say about this company is their product is by far the best, just wish they took as much time on making their product great and put that same enthusiasm in making their people great and show them that they care about their people as much as their product.
Staff in store was great and product was great
Everything else was terrible. Home office is no help. No communiction and little to no training.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 2,302 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Carters, Inc
- How old do you have to be to work there? Information online says 16 and when I asked at the store in…5 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Carters, Inc? What are the steps along th…4 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Carters, Inc?3 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at Carters, Inc?3 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Carters, Inc?3 people answered
- If you were to leave Carters, Inc, what would be the reason?3 people answered
- How old do you have to be to work at Carters, Inc?3 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Carters, Inc?3 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Carters, Inc?2 people answered
- Does Carters, Inc allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?2 people answered
See all questions and answers
Carters, Inc Reviews by Job Title
Carters, Inc Reviews by Location