Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Canada289 reviews

Found 289 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,689 reviews

Fun but cheap

It’s an amazing starter job but as you work there longer you realize your supervisors and managers do so much more work than they should. Helped me with my customer service skills

Retail but better

A retail job is a retail job at the end of the day. It isn't enough to live off for most people, sadly. But Carter's does step up a bit in that regard and frequently gives bonuses (ex. This year there was a Christmas bonus of $75 for me, $200 for my manager), which is something I don't think I've ever seen another retail company do. They treat their employees with respect.

Insights into Carters, Inc

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productif et possibilité d'avancer

Emploi positif et beaucoup de possibilités d'avancement.

Tranquille

C’est très routinier et assez facile comme job. Mais ce n’est pas compliqué le plus difícile serait la caisse dépendante si c’est la première fois que tu fais la fosse si non c’est correct

Environnement tranquille

C’est une bonne job pour débuter mais après quelque temps c’est quand même trop routinier à mon goût j’aime sa changer d’ambiance.

Mediocre

Mediocre company to work for. Upper management and head office has a lot to be desired past branch Level. Branch level employees are not appreciated like they should be.

Not stressful good for part time students

Overall was a good, not stressful experience working at Carters. Can get very busy during peak times such as back to school. Managers are good and supportive.

It was okay as a starting job but overall it starts getting stressful

It’s a okay job to learn about retail but does get stressful when you start getting pressure from higher management. I would say don’t go for retail unless you are sure about what you getting in

Store Great, Upper Management Blah

The store level staff are amazing. If I had no goals to move up. I could have worked there forever. However, I am goal driven. With that DM in place in Western Ontario, there was no way I would ever be moving up. She picks those that adore her and will say yes to everything. Everybody else is just a pond in her sick game. If you live outside of Western Ontario.... great company to work for!

Disappointed

Honestly was so excited to start here but quickly was miserable. If you weren't a supervisor or manager you only got 18 hours max. The manager would encourage staff to get another job but when people would change their availability she would complain to the other workers that "why get a job you don't want to work".Staff was nice enough but the manager always seemed like you were an inconvenience if you needed help with anything and personally made me feel left out a lot of times.Pay is terrible, but I guess work life balance is great because you'll work 1 day and then have 5 days off. Guess the only way it's worth something is if you have a kid that can fit their clothing you get 30% off discount. And good luck "moving up" in the company, they hire all their supervisors from outside the company instead of staff that's already there.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Lack of hours, pay

Fun workplace but could use some improvements

I enjoyed my time at Carter’s it was fun to talk to customers and involve myself with new tasks everyday. Each day was a bit repetitive but still enjoyable. There are favourites when working for the company but just don’t get sucked into the drama and you will be ok.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work you do

A better place than most!

My experience as a PT SA at Carters has been good. The experience is influenced greatly by the IMMEDIATE staff in the store and not so much overall the company itself. Store manager is great and fellow employees also. The Company seems good, fair, provides bonuses to associates when able and unlike other places, seems to value people at least a little more than other (food service) companies I've worked for. This place genuinely seems to care, providing mental health supports to employees free of cost. I have physical disabilities and Carters has a firm accessibility policy and they are able to accommodate me more than other places giving me confidence if other accommodations were needed it could be achieved. It's been a fun, positive, supportive place to work. The hours are low for PT SA's but that works for me personally, but it's something to keep in mind the PT positions here are 22hr or less.

Great place to work but not enough hours

I enjoyed working for Carters, the people and the discount were great but I would only get 3 hour shifts maybe twice a week. I understand it was for part time position but that’s barely enough to cover the cost of my cell phone bill. Part time should be considered minimum 20 hours a week, anything less should be labelled as Casual employment

Pros

Discount

Cons

Not enough hours for part time

Pour management

Not the best experience but not the worst. Good for people who are in school. Management does not care about you. They pick and choose who to like and dislike.

A nice place to work.

Nice place to start as a manager. Lots of training modules if the manager is interested. Easy to manage, with few associates. Products are easy-to-remember.

Pros

Easy and very nice management Team. Excellent discounts for employees.

Cons

Not stable

Fun Retail Position

As long as you don't mind being around children all hours of the day, this is a fairly laid-back and fun retail position. The staff discount is amazing and they would frequently have staff buying days. Best part of the job was laughing with the other employees about kids being kids. Worst part of the job was that management pushed sales quotas a little too hard, especially for a minimum wage part-time job.

Pros

Amazing staff Discounts and Buying days, Retail Schedule

Cons

Dress Code (White shirt, Black Pants)

Fun place to work , coworkers are great !

Team that I work with is amazing, however don’t always have the support from upper management.All in all it’s a great place to work aways something to do.

Pros

30% discount, kids are always fun to help

Cons

Low pay for what is expected of you .

Coworkers fun Company itself terrible

I loved working at Carter's only because of the customers I met and the amazing girls I worked with.We were managerless for the entire time I was there. They don't take care of the staff they have and are so cheap it's not even funny.The district manager is rude and condescending person

Pros

30% off kids clothing

Cons

District manager Bullying Everything sucked

Fun work environment, management is great! Employees are amazing to work with!

Most important part of your day is providing an exceptional shopping experience for all customers. Processing sales transactions, assisting with merchandising, maintaining store appearance, daily store cleaning/sanitizing duties. Creating a positive and friendly environment for all employees.

Pros

Appreciation lunches, fun, friendly environment! Excellent employee discount!

Cons

Not enough hours

Management was horrible, overhired so many seasonal part times and nobody got any hours, ridiculous management. Horrible management, no hours.

Management was horrible, overhired so many seasonal part times and nobody got any hours, ridiculous management. Too many overhired in a small work space.

Easy work, poor pay

The work is easy but they pay just the minimum wage. The management does not seem to be very qualified. Not enough training for the employees. There are some health and safety issues which are not taken care of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement