Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 135 reviews matching the search See all 1,363 reviews
Terrible management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2019
Little to no room for advancement. Poor wages. Poor raises. Very clicky environment. Like being back in high school. Very hot working environments. Little incentives for extra work done. Expects alot from employees with little appreciation.
Pros
Staff discount of 10%
Cons
Clicky environment
Culture and people are very friendly.
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  CA30 January 2019
Great Place to Work. Culture and people are very friendly. The compensation is fairly competitive. however there's not much room for growth and it takes a while to get promoted.
Racism
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2019
All the regional/district managers are a bunch of bitter, middle aged, racist, caucasian women. One of them needs to use vagisil. If you're a young caucasian woman, they will love you.
3/5 would recommend applying to Carters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2019
When I worked there for the most part it was an easy job, but some of the management was terrible.. and lacked a lot of hours.. once winter season hit I was getting 5 hours every other week..
Pros
easy
Cons
lack of hours, management
Worst Company I have ever worked for by far!
Management (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan25 December 2018
From the get go there has been little to no communication from home office and no help. The home office people expect you to drop everything and respond back to emails right away, but they hardly ever respond when one is sent to them. Their districts are too big which causes DM's to not even remember which store they have talked to or who needed help with what. They do very little training, you are thrown into the job to "sink or swim". It is hard to balance your home life well working here. The pay is moderate at best and your expected to do way more for what you get paid. Bonuses are a joke because they set store targets too high so it is by sure luck that you will hit bonus for your month. And there discount isn't that great it is only on regular priced product and you can only use your discount in your home store. The company needs to stop being cheap and spend money on training all staff from home office people right down to sale associates in stores. This would make the company function more like a well oiled machine versus a circus of drunken monkeys who don't know which end is up. The only plus thing I can say about this company is their product is by far the best, just wish they took as much time on making their product great and put that same enthusiasm in making their people great and show them that they care about their people as much as their product.
Pros
Staff in store was great and product was great
Cons
Everything else was terrible. Home office is no help. No communiction and little to no training.
workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. When my manager who hired me left us and a new one came to work with us, she did not like me at all, I could tell. Working there was nice overall.
Fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockyview, AB13 November 2018
My favorite part about working here was definitely the clients and helping them dress their children in exactly what they were looking for. I love helping them choose what to put together for family photos, also had fun working with everyone I worked with and always as a team.
Better not work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
They actually do not deserve hard working people. Because they will take you as granted. People always leave. Short staff all. No help from management
Pros
Cons
I can write a book on cons
good
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 October 2018
a good place to work, you will like it. take the job. the work life balance is considered. the managers are really nice. a friendly environment. good pay.
Amazing learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 September 2018
This was my first retail job and I was able to learn all the basics and hope to look for more opportunities to enhance my skills. Typically it was fun and I enjoyed the company of my co workers.
Productive and management was very good
ECOMMERCE DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 September 2018
Supervisor was very coordinating and guiding properly with patience.
Get a very positive environment. Learnt new things .all team members were very cooperative.
Bring back Bonnie Togs
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 September 2018
Carter's use to be better as Bonnie Togs. Employed by both Carter's treats you as another number and not as a person they expect so much of your time and effort without being knowledge. The training is there if you go after it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
days and weekends are long
great!
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
love it! The fellow employees are the best part of this job!!! Helping customers find exactly what they are looking for is very rewarding! The only flaw is when hours are low during slow periods.
Good place to start as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
I've been working there for a year now and I did like working there at first but I got very bored of it and started to look elsewhere because I need to find a job that suits me and my age.
Pros
Get along with people very well, great first job, good hours
Cons
disorganized
no appreciation
Operations and Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 August 2018
the people were fairly good and were the main reason for staying. lots of hours and little respect for personal lives. little to no recognition of accomplishments.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON26 July 2018
This company is great to work for. Everyone is always so kind and it feels like another family. Working in a children's store may sound scary but the children are adorable and the staff is always helpful.
Pros
Staff, customers and hours.
Don’t work here.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 July 2018
Worst place to work, try working for a company that actually cares about you and all the work you put in the company. Management does not know about the hassles in store, and most store managers don’t know how to do their job. There is always drama with co workers and the store managers for no reason. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Free 15 minute breaks
Cons
No hours, can’t book days off, availablility is not looked at when the schedule is made, no benefits, only part time work, management is rude, management and retail associates have no connection.
Fun place to work . Management is supportive
Sales Associate - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
Carters is a pleasant and fun place to work. The management is supportive and the company believes in promoting from within. They believe in training their employees to understand the business fully.
Pros
Supportive, fun, team environment
Cons
no benefits
Worst Management Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 June 2018
By far the worst management ever. I would never want to work here again. Manager sets her own schedule and comes and goes as she pleases. Not a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Discounts
N/a
Cashier, Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2018
Overall the experience at Carters was okay, interacting with customers and assisting them with their purchases was rewarding. The store was clean and organized. Head management needs to be adequately trained on managing staff in a better manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.