Carters, Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from Carters, Inc:

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Canada232 reviews
This place is okay job start out with but overall wasn't the best job in the world
Management was very open and friendly when I first got into the job. But after a couple of weeks, it started to become a lazy environment which was a result of the management. It's basically a bunch of nice ladies that struggle to run a business. All though, still a nice first job experience to have.
fun and enjoyable work place
I have learn lot of the thing with carter.• I have operating the register including all cash, credit sales, checks and travels checks plus refunds and exchanges.
Nice place to work.Colleagues and management are really good,like a family.The pay is comparitively less compared to the work.
Nice place to work.Colleagues and management are really good,like a family.The pay is comparatively less compared to the work.safe work place and strict timings.
Underpaid
The management staff is very underpaid and therefore very hard to motivate. High turnover rate for employees. The company training is disorganized. Not enough training for employees. Wrong people are often hired.
Pros
caring managers, relatively easy clientelle
Cons
pay, vacation time, benefits
somewhat productive slow work place with a TV
carter's oshkosh is a small working space. Not many clients so its pretty quiete with a anbience of music that repeats itself. the manager is open to conversation's and is very polite some employes respect eachother but some have a lot of attitude that would seem unrespectable to other employies
Pros
Not a lot of chores
Cons
Low amount of clients, not a lot of hours available
paid to be a kid
carters is a place to grow if you're willing to learn new things. it becomes your home away from home
it is a kids store, so you have the joys of getting to know the customers, what they want while interacting and for a second getting to be a child, with their child.

most enjoyable would be getting to know the customers closely.
Love it
I have worked at Carter’s for 7 months and I love it I would recommended it for anyone looking for a fun fast pace part time job, I love being about to help customers
Unsteady place to work
I have been with this company for years, the promise growth and don't deliver. The have decided to demote people who work hard and are loyal to save a few dollars. The work life there is unfair to store level employee's but H.O doesn't go without a bonus or two. They cheat the store level out of bonuses. No matter how hard your work for them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carters, Inc?
Fun workplace
Good place to work with good job security. Worst part of the job is dealing with certain customers but all coworkers are pleasant and hours are usually good.
good starter job
Use to be a fun workplace, new management in store.
Company is eliminating jobs, titles, wages and hours, Cutting out certain positions so they no longer exist, took away benefits.

no full time hours
Le service a la clientèle est la principale tâche.
L'embauche a ete facile a obtenir.
L'emploi a peu de défis.
Trop stressant
Tu as problème avec la gérante, elle te coupe des heures.
An alright job
The supervisors mostly pick favourites. And always want to have something negative to say though you’re doing an amazing job. Friendly co-workers for the most part.
Nope out of there
I worked for the company before it was sold to Carter's. This is a money focused business. Sure successful businesses must be but should never come at the cost of your staff. Appropriately staffing the store is next to impossible with the hours provided and there are very little incentives for success.
The best part was the co-worker team members, and most of the customers
Corporate pressure to make budget detracts from desire just to help customers verses trying to push sales.
Store manager and one assistant were great at making their schedule work for their private life, and to extend their lunch breaks by leaving the store to purchase lunch and clocking out upon return to have their full allotted time to have their food.

There was one assistant manager who made a huge difference. She did not follow the practices of the other management personnel. She was gracious, helpful, and lived by the same protocols that were expected of the others. I believe she moved on to another store as a manager, and that store's employees got the best candidate.

The job was a good introduction to some store management understanding.
Carters made me Happy!
I was a temp worker over the holidays at the Carter's warehouse. The Carter's staff are really respectful and eash to talk to. No matter what question I had, there was always someone there to help me out. The supervisors were amazing, they were kind and offered good coaching. I worked in the ecommerce department as a picker/packer and gained great skills. I'm sad I was unable to find a permanent job with Carters, but grateful for the work.
fun,easy, friendly co-workers
carter's is an amazing place to work from the customers to your co-workers the hours are amazing you get to connect with a lot of customers and make a
unprofessional

not much to learn

not fair

hard work

.......................
Poor support from upper management
So much work but no support from upper management. Dont give opportunity to grow. Dont give a chance for career advancement. Dont give appreciation to the hardwork of their people. Dont give good compensation.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work however the supervisor team requires a lot of work from the management team. Usually the team is really nice and enjoyable to work with. I had a great time working there.
Staff was great,
A great place if you enjoy haveing children around. People were great, head manager was unorganized but staff members were great.
Its a good place to work.the clothing is aways marked at a great price
Pros
Pleasent people
Cons
Non
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.