Carstar

Carstar Employee Reviews

This is a great place to learn and grow. I never felt isolate from rest of the staff even in the beginning. Management also very co-operative. but you do not see your contribution in the company's growth.
Family run business, coworkers were fun to work with but management was terrible. When it's busy, it's a great company to work for but when its slow, expect to mop floors and clean windows and not your actual job responsibilities. Management would yell and abuse you mentally if you weren't on their good side or "friends" with them on a personal side. They also don't like it when you have an opinion that differs from theirs. If you can handle the constant abuse, go for it but make sure you stand up for yourself when you don't agree with something they try to make you do. The place in Brampton went downhill since Covid slowed down production and the owner even told everybody in a meeting that they were replaceable.
Pros
Weekends off, Great Coworkers
Cons
Terrible Management, Abusive, Slow Environment.
Stay away!! This shop is not updated to the new technology and equipment that they need to repair a car safely and right. They sacrifice the safety of the vehicle for profit. They also fraud the insurance company.Try to steal hours from employees pay. Very NEGATIVE environment.
Pros
Stay away!!
Cons
Stay away!!
Horrible place to work . Very corrupt I was an appraiser there . I was always told to add damage on insurance vehicles . Always worked late hours and was never compensated
Pros
Cons
To much to list
Worst company I have ever worked for. Between the management and owner being complete liars, the hours on estimates being garbage and the wages being below average. DO NOT WORK FOR CARSTAR. You will be sorry.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely every reason you can think of.
The management team was completely useless. Nepotism. Especially the “accountant” in the main office. Worst human being ever. The only shining light when I was employed there was the HR Manager they had when I first started. She disappeared likely because she saw the BS too.
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many to list
Carstar Perth.... absolutely the worst run business I've ever worked for... Manager actually called me his slave.... I laughed in his face when I left
Cons
Management is terrible, no advancement at all even if you asked. Communication is terrible between management and staff. Never takes responsibility.
The job required a lot of organization and heavy lifting. At the time the storage area required was far too small for the efficiency, management required. Since then thing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carstar?
Every Carstar franchise is a revolving door. They do not value your opinion, they are not willing to work with you, and the owners treat you like you are their slave. All they care about is profits. They cut many corners to make the most money out of a repair. When you get a customer coming back due to a poorly done repair or when a customer complains about anything, it's always estimator's or the tech's fault. Management wants you to doctor up heavy hit cars just so that you don't total them, and they want you to stretch the repair and even create fictitious damages to smaller repairs just to make a buck. I would not recommend working here unless you as arrogant as the people that work at these franchises, and you belive their lies.
Really poor management, Lousy pay, no room for advancement, no training unless you are office staff, body guys treat hourly employees like garbage, garbage all over the place, unsafe to work, seen a lot of employees come and go.
Cons
The management is horrible. The owners/manager was only present about 2-3 days a week and hardly ever stayed for an entire day. There is no training what so ever and all employees are to learn the position on their own. I was employed by the company for only 5,5 months and during that time the management fired 6 people. The store only consisted of 6 employees. During my employment I was promised many things that never happened. I strongly do not agree with how this company is run.
Pros
uniforms provided
Cons
poor management, high employee turnaround, no training
The management and staff all together at Carstar is amazing, they treat you very fairly. The job itself isnt hard once you get used to it and learn the system
Pros
Easy hours 9-5
Cons
Wage
Bad place to work, no work, no communication, no understanding of the vehicle repair process. extremley unorganized panicked and chaotic owner/manager that micromanages you on the daily. They failed to deliver on promises made when i was hired. Work somewhere else if you can.
No further comment. I do not have anything else to say. Quit asking me to add to my review. You cannot make me talk. You are not the boss of me. I wish to remain silent.
Good place to learn trade . If you get in to bonus they will cheat you. They are operating this shops with massive over head. Most off owners are not technically people with makes job dificult to du. Good luck with glorify business man??
This company does not seem to be interested in the educated opinions of skilled licences professionals. They will claim forward moving ideas as their own and give no credit to trained, educated professionals.
Pros
Can't thjnk of any
Cons
There was a very negative employer employee relationship. There's very little loyalty
Great management and great group of guys. A group that has taken the collision industry into the future with precision work. From assessing the damage assessment, tear down, ordering parts and completing the job, one seamless operation.
It was a great job while it lasted. I wish i could have done better for them. It was a great organization and well handled by the owners. Quality all the way!
It is a very busy place and there is always something to do and someone to help whether it is a customer or a fellow employee. They treat there employees like family and are very understadning. There is always something new to learn and there is always goals to meet.
good company, the environment was friendly. good place to work. i enjoyed my time here, it was easy going and relaxing. a bit too strict for an average job but it is a calm environment.