Carstar

Carstar Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews
Workplace culture
This is a great place to learn and grow. I never felt isolate from rest of the staff even in the beginning. Management also very co-operative. but you do not see your contribution in the company's growth.
Average to poor place to work. A lot of politics..
The job required a lot of organization and heavy lifting. At the time the storage area required was far too small for the efficiency, management required. Since then thing
Collision Estimator
Every Carstar franchise is a revolving door. They do not value your opinion, they are not willing to work with you, and the owners treat you like you are their slave. All they care about is profits. They cut many corners to make the most money out of a repair. When you get a customer coming back due to a poorly done repair or when a customer complains about anything, it's always estimator's or the tech's fault. Management wants you to doctor up heavy hit cars just so that you don't total them, and they want you to stretch the repair and even create fictitious damages to smaller repairs just to make a buck. I would not recommend working here unless you as arrogant as the people that work at these franchises, and you belive their lies.
Poor management
Really poor management, Lousy pay, no room for advancement, no training unless you are office staff, body guys treat hourly employees like garbage, garbage all over the place, unsafe to work, seen a lot of employees come and go.
Management was horrible
The management is horrible. The owners/manager was only present about 2-3 days a week and hardly ever stayed for an entire day. There is no training what so ever and all employees are to learn the position on their own.
I was employed by the company for only 5,5 months and during that time the management fired 6 people. The store only consisted of 6 employees.

During my employment I was promised many things that never happened.

I strongly do not agree with how this company is run.
Pros
uniforms provided
Cons
poor management, high employee turnaround, no training
Great staff and easy to learn
The management and staff all together at Carstar is amazing, they treat you very fairly. The job itself isnt hard once you get used to it and learn the system
Pros
Easy hours 9-5
Cons
Wage
unorganized, chaotic ownership and no work
Bad place to work, no work, no communication, no understanding of the vehicle repair process. extremley unorganized panicked and chaotic owner/manager that micromanages you on the daily. They failed to deliver on promises made when i was hired. Work somewhere else if you can.
Management not receptive to new ideas or concepts and verbally abusive
No further comment. I do not have anything else to say. Quit asking me to add to my review. You cannot make me talk. You are not the boss of me. I wish to remain silent.
Franchise are nasty people liars not honest .
Good place to learn trade .
If you get in to bonus they will cheat you. They are operating this shops with massive over head. Most off owners are not technically people with makes job dificult to du.

Good luck with glorify business man??
Poor organization
This company does not seem to be interested in the educated opinions of skilled licences professionals. They will claim forward moving ideas as their own and give no credit to trained, educated professionals.
Pros
Can't thjnk of any
Cons
There was a very negative employer employee relationship. There's very little loyalty
Fun and prductive.
Great management and great group of guys. A group that has taken the collision industry into the future with precision work. From assessing the damage assessment, tear down, ordering parts and completing the job, one seamless operation.
Productive workplace with great staff and benefits
It was a great job while it lasted. I wish i could have done better for them. It was a great organization and well handled by the owners. Quality all the way!
Very Busy and lots of responsibilties
It is a very busy place and there is always something to do and someone to help whether it is a customer or a fellow employee.
They treat there employees like family and are very understadning.

There is always something new to learn and there is always goals to meet.
Good company
good company, the environment was friendly. good place to work. i enjoyed my time here, it was easy going and relaxing. a bit too strict for an average job but it is a calm environment.
Abusive
Run. Honestly. Unless you like abusive, Demeaning, and unprofessionalism. They Will leave just to watch u on camera and call when you step out of site
Tyical day
Meet up with everyone to find out what everyone one doing then get to work. Very fast paced gotta get job done quick but correctly for customers pick up.
Fast paced environment, would have liked to make a bit more money, communication and the organization of work flow could be improved.
Overall I loved it there.

Great ownership team.
Productive and Fun
getting to see new people i learn most customers enjoy coming here. the management is very good the workplace is very good the hardest part of the job is to get there on time and its very fun
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very political, throw you out on a whim, run like heck
Worst experience I have had. Terrible work conditions, back stabbing staff
poor pay for work given, use you up and throw you out. NEVER NEVER

work for CARSTAR
Carstar is a fun place too work sometimes
Carstar I worked there for 2 years but it's a job that dont like all the time one reason is that my boss said that I can not work in bodywork because I'm not made for it but there is some pros like working on cars sometimes my coworkers
Pros
Working on cars
Cons
My boss
Small shop, not the best management
Very small shop, people just get in the others way. Poor management, dealing with Intact takes weeks to get parts, while cars are just sitting in the parking lot with no reason and gets in the way. Parking lot is small too. Overall not the best shop in Calgary. No too much money either
Cons
Small building and parking lot, Contract with Intact.