Carstar Employee Reviews

Painter
Painter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 April 2019
I worked for a few months as a painter/ prep horrible pay they cut work orders to make sure the company makes more and use the excuse that insurance don’t pay[for tri coats and mask for over spray feather block and sand ] and much more the quality is horrible only good thing from that company is that they are basf other then that typical butcher body shop with bottom grade management and estimators and the owners of the place don’t care as long as the cash rolls in complain and your the enemy lowest paying shop ever worked
Mk group
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2019
Senior Management is horrible, play favorites. Culture is brutal, personal attacks, don't like it, go to a senior manager to get your way. False promises, favorite threat, if you don't like it, there's the door.
total joke
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2019
i was promised a busy shop with good pay i quit a good job to go to work at peterborough carstar but all he tried to do is rewrite with wrong info a trade i have 31 yrs in after a week of standing around making no money i started asking questions and found out this was normal and when i tried to get more work to keep busy i was told to leave because i had a bad aditute because the rooky running the place was in way over his head and has no idea how to grow a business. i have spoke to many other techs that have come and gone from there and it is the samething lies and belittling till they quit and go to a real body shop
Cons
no work
good place to work
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 February 2019
pays good for starter position, no room for error, really fast paced, spend a lot of time alone, short lunches. Good management, really big shop. Takes a while to move up in position.
Awesome place to work
Detailer / Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2019
Routine hrs 7:30am - 4:00pm
I've learnt how to really clean a car as well as polish one
Staff members are really friendly and treat you with respect
Pros
Great benefits, Great staff
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2019
Checking e-mail, calling customers for following up, looking up new insurance claims, calling tow truck companies, updated each file, booking client in for an appointment, calling insurance , cleaning , organizing files, answering the phone, taking messages, inventory, customer service.
Pros
1 hour lunch break and don't work weekends
Cons
long hours but the day goes by fast
Poor managed, workers underpaid
Automotive Body Technician - Full Time 8 (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 January 2019
spent too much wasting time on looking for parts,
the big jobs got too long to be done
too many "managers" to follow orders from
wok abilities should be more valued
Pros
excellent team to work with
Memorable in many ways
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2019
A typical work day at work ... predictable.
What I learned... meritocracy is a hoax.
Management ... Not even a real blonde but acts like a blonde.
Workplace culture... too many unsolicited family stories.
The hardest part of the job... More work/projects with no pay increase.
The most enjoyable part of the job... Watching Netflix at your desk in-between meetings/calls/pop-ins.
Pros
juice
Cons
Pay
Great positive place
Care center representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2018
NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THERE I WOULD GO BACK AND WORK THERE AGAIN IF I DIDNT MOVE LOVED IT the pay is also great.The only downfal is u work alot of overtime because sometime customer take their time to make decision
unorganized
Autobody apprentice / parts (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
My typical day included shipping and receiving parts, customer service, dropping and picking up vehicles and maintaining the property. Management is incredibly unorganized. I wasn't comfortable with how they dealt with their business. I brought in a new organization technique , I reorganized the parts room for full efficiency. I enjoyed the customer service aspect as well as organizing inventory.
Pros
The people in the shop are really nice
Cons
Management is unorganized and unproffesional
fun but busy
Autobody Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 February 2018
always busy with work, fast paced business who strives for excellence, every customer is treated with the utmost respect. Carstar ensures every job is done properly and the customer is satisfied with the work completed
Not Open to Submitting a Review
Operations and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 January 2018
At this time i am not open to discussing and having my review published on an online platform. It is a bit ridiculous that this is a mandatory part of the criteria and a waste of time.
good work enviroment with helpful bosses.
autodetailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
workday includes washdetail vehicles other duties as required. help painters with sanding taping etc. clean up around shop. clean staff washrooms. steady work until slowdown and was laidoff. most enjoyable part learning new skills.
Pros
upgrading skills to advance within company.
Cons
no work due to poor business.
Review
Auto body Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2017
It was a great place to work at at the beginning, being moved to 3 locations, great people wish I could have stayed but loss of work. Would return if available
Excelent garage
1er Peintre / preparateur (Current Employee) –  Saint-Basile-le-Grand, QC14 September 2017
Garrage avec les equipement a la fine pointe de la technologie pour des resulta plus rapide
Pros
Toutes est presque neuf
Cons
Pénurie de bonne main d'œuvre
Productive and Customer Satisfaction Comes First
Parts Director/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 August 2017
A regular day starts with a meeting to go over what needs to be completed and sent out. Management is looking for the best interest of all the customers of the current claims that they are dealing with.
The workplace culture is dedicated to working as a team and getting jobs done quickly and efficiently.
Can be the best!
Management (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC2 August 2017
Has potential to be an exceptional facility. All the tools are in place. Customer base in excellent and vendor relationships established. Shop production needs improving to achieve reachable goals.Ownership has to take the next step to get there.
good environment
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 July 2017
learned a lot of additional skills that weren't in my job title, although I really enjoyed the learning curve while doing so. Kept me on my toes and allowed me to focus on the small details and to fine tune some things.
it was an ok place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON26 June 2017
it was an ok place it was just carwasher and pick up customers from there job or home the enviroment was great just didnt not see me moving up in the company
Alright
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 May 2017
Fast work pace. Sometimes things are beyond your control and expected to save the day magically. I could only do this so long before I got tired of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carstar. Our community is ready to answer.