Carrington Place

Carrington Place Management reviews

I get to work about 11:15am. I give the residents beverages and salads for 7 tables of 4. I then serve the same tables dinner at 11:30am. Then I serve desserts. Then bring dirty dishes into kitchen and set up for next seating. Do the same thing again for the next seating of residents. After dinner is done we set up one diningroom for supper. When dishes are done and put away. We, I, go for dinner for 30 minutes. After dinner I tray desserts for 140ish residents. Then set up the other diningroom for supper. At 4pm we take a 15 minute break. Then at 4:15pm, we give our tables beverages and then serve supper to another 7 tables. I do this for another seating and then we serve dessert and then bring all dirty dishes to kitchen. Clean tables, put away left over desserts, rinse coffee and tea urns, fill juices for the next day put in fridge. Sweep and wash floors in one diningroom. This is the 11:30 am to 7:30pm shift.Everyday I learn to love the residents and respect them. Everyday I learn to get along with my co-workers. In the past 5 years I have worked for Carrington we have had lots of changes. I have been very flexable and willing to adapt.Management and co-workers are respectful and good to work with. The hardest part of the job is a lot of residents need more help and another break for employees.The most enjoyable part of job is seeing the residents smiles and helping a resident or co-worker.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
fast paced, lots of pressure with cooks, servers, residents.
the manager would yell, cry in her office, would take out her anger on the workers in the kitchen. writes inappropriate words like WTF on paper for the workers to see. overall the job is nice but the manager isn't someone you want to work with.
It's a hard job, but it is good for students to learn the characteristics of a demanding job. Residents can be difficult and can help improve customer service skills. Management was very good. Not many opportunities for advancement, (not a huge deal considering its a student job.)
A typical day at work for me would involve many different tasks. Some examples are...blood pressures, baths, dining server, giving medication that the nurse had asked me to give, laundry, cleaning, bed making, vacuuming, taking weights, etc. I have learned organization skills, time management skills, but also i have become very well rounded. The management was good because safety was number one and they made sure the residents were safe at all times. The co-workers were very helpful and easy going. The hardest part of the job was serving in the dining room because the residents would give you many orders all at one time and you would have to keep the orders straight. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the residents' lives enjoyable and giving them the quality of life that i feel they deserve. Carrington Place was a great learning experience overall.
Pros
gaining knowledge (becoming well rounded)
Cons
gossip