Carrington Place

Carrington Place Employee Reviews

I will recommend friends to work at carrington, nice place, friendly worker, the kitchen msnager is nice, clean place, good environment, kind staff, the food is always hot
the manager would yell, cry in her office, would take out her anger on the workers in the kitchen. writes inappropriate words like WTF on paper for the workers to see. overall the job is nice but the manager isn't someone you want to work with.
It's a hard job, but it is good for students to learn the characteristics of a demanding job. Residents can be difficult and can help improve customer service skills. Management was very good. Not many opportunities for advancement, (not a huge deal considering its a student job.)
It was ok environment to work in. I learned alot while I was working there midnights and going to college during the day. There was alot to do in very little time. I was not happy working here but I got through it.
Pros
work was good, some staff were nice, and elderly people were nice
Cons
lack of communication, easy to place the blame
The worker should be wearing proper cover or mask when cleaning certain bathrooms in the rooms with contagious diseases and they should never work in the kitchen or dining room with same uniform doing now dietician or server work .
Pros
No regards when you're part-time.
Cons
Could become very long hours when you're a very good worker, if they have decided you can do a good job you can do two.
overall this job was very emotional. I loved it in ways as I am very good with the elderly, I took care of my grandpa for years before he passed. I grew up without grandparents after he passed so I got fairly attached to the residents. When something happened it would affect me deeply and I just couldn't go on in this environment anymore
Absolutely love working for this company, its unfortunate that I can not accumulate the hours I need. I am currently working as a casual/on call an would like to find something more secure and consistent.
Staff considerate and friendly Hours ideal Professionalism when dealing with the residents Hardest part was the passing of the residents that you formed a bond with. Friendleness of the staff
Pros
Free lunches good hours
Cons
nil
A typical day at work for me would involve many different tasks. Some examples are...blood pressures, baths, dining server, giving medication that the nurse had asked me to give, laundry, cleaning, bed making, vacuuming, taking weights, etc. I have learned organization skills, time management skills, but also i have become very well rounded. The management was good because safety was number one and they made sure the residents were safe at all times. The co-workers were very helpful and easy going. The hardest part of the job was serving in the dining room because the residents would give you many orders all at one time and you would have to keep the orders straight. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the residents' lives enjoyable and giving them the quality of life that i feel they deserve. Carrington Place was a great learning experience overall.
Pros
gaining knowledge (becoming well rounded)
Cons
gossip
I get to work about 11:15am. I give the residents beverages and salads for 7 tables of 4. I then serve the same tables dinner at 11:30am. Then I serve desserts. Then bring dirty dishes into kitchen and set up for next seating. Do the same thing again for the next seating of residents. After dinner is done we set up one diningroom for supper. When dishes are done and put away. We, I, go for dinner for 30 minutes. After dinner I tray desserts for 140ish residents. Then set up the other diningroom for supper. At 4pm we take a 15 minute break. Then at 4:15pm, we give our tables beverages and then serve supper to another 7 tables. I do this for another seating and then we serve dessert and then bring all dirty dishes to kitchen. Clean tables, put away left over desserts, rinse coffee and tea urns, fill juices for the next day put in fridge. Sweep and wash floors in one diningroom. This is the 11:30 am to 7:30pm shift.Everyday I learn to love the residents and respect them. Everyday I learn to get along with my co-workers. In the past 5 years I have worked for Carrington we have had lots of changes. I have been very flexable and willing to adapt.Management and co-workers are respectful and good to work with. The hardest part of the job is a lot of residents need more help and another break for employees.The most enjoyable part of job is seeing the residents smiles and helping a resident or co-worker.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
fast paced, lots of pressure with cooks, servers, residents.
Great residents, hostile staff, not a people-oriented environment