CarriersEdge

CarriersEdge Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews

A truly inclusive and innovative workplace that cares about every part of its ecosystem.

I applied for CarriersEdge after reading the reviews, and my confidence in the company only grew after I received a list of pre-interview questions that helped ease into the interview process. Joining the company, I found it matches the reviews and the promises it makes in the job posting section. So far the best working environment I have been in, with lots of room provided to learn from the CEOs (who are empathetic, creative mentors and guides to everyone at the company, and an example to follow). There is also an acute understanding of people from all backgrounds, and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is practiced on every level of the company, making the workplace a safe space for people from different genders, identities, cultural backgrounds and neurodiversities. As an entirely remote company, CarriersEdge gives you the work-life balance that would be hard to find elsewhere while also providing enough creative stimulation to keep going.

Pros

Great pay packages, benefits, work culture.

Cons

Doesnt even feel like Im working!

I have nothing but great things to say about working here. Fantastic managers, engaging work and very well organized, especially for a completely remote company! I have terrible anxiety, and not once have I ever felt overwhelmed, and if I were too, I can confidently say it'd be dealt with immediately and without a feeling of inadequacy. It's difficult to put into words how much I respect this company.

Pros

Work from home, benefits

Cons

Cant think of any

Insights into CarriersEdge

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Life-changing place to work

I wasn't sure I wanted to change my job position at the time, but I am glad I did. I have been with CarriersEdge for a long time now and it is exciting to be a part of a company with so much growth year after year.CarriersEdge is innovative and has been ahead of the curve in many areas including remote employment. The pandemic has caused many companies to scramble, however CarriersEdge was well prepared and didn't miss a beat. Not having to travel into work every day and having flexible work hours has really created a great work/life balance. CarriersEdge values its employees and asks/listens for their input to continue providing a great work experience. The benefits and tools/support continue to be expanded to ensure everyone has what they need.

Pros

No travel to work (remote), flexible work hours, value their employees, overall great work/life balance

Excellent company to work for

The company is led by people who truly want what's the best for their employees. They are open to feedback and provide support if needed.Employees are empowered to explore opportunities that align with their skillsets and interests; management is supportive of employees pursuing their professional development.The company provides great tools and resources to complete the work. Very good cross-department communication and cooperation. High visibility across all levels.I enjoy working on interesting projects and being part of an amazing team.It's a great place to work, I would totally recommend.

Pros

work from home, positive environment, benefits and vacations, work-life balance, professional growth and development, good management

Great place to work!

What a great, collaborative team! Even though everyone works remotely, we are still very connected. Executive and management are engaged and transparent. How refreshing! For a small company, they have their teams structured and balanced with a variety of expertise. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this company.

Pros

Work from home, respectful culture, great toolsets

Great easygoing culture with focus on product and work-life balance

I've worked at CarriersEdge for a couple of months and it's a great change from a corporate environment. We all work remotely, meetings are kept to a minimum and we get to focus on our work with help and feedback always available. It's a small company owned by people who care about their employees as much as their business. Overall a great job and great place to work.

Focus on work without the corporate red tape

I've been working here for quite sometime and I'd like to offer some honest feedback for potential employees. We’ve all heard that there’s no such thing as “company loyalty” anymore. Employees and companies are quick to ditch each other for whatever reason. While this maybe true, I find there’s always an exception to this. There are a lot of good companies out there and working at CarriersEdge has shown me that this company is one of them. It’s the type of company where I’m glad I don’t have the same issues friends in the corporate world deal with. Issues such as micromanaging, red tape, employee drama, horrible leadership, and people stealing lunches are things that I just don’t need to worry about. CarriersEdge is a smaller company with a virtual office. There’s no physical office and you work from home. This means you’re trusted to do your job with minimal supervision. Hours are flexible but for the most part, everyone is available during business hours. Your position will determine who you collaborate with during work. As a smaller company, you can expect to collaborate with other departments as your work is impactful. This doesn’t mean pointless meetings though. We work together to find solutions for our customers to make sure they have a great experience with our product. Depending on which department you apply for I have some advice for you. Customer Experience – You need to have great people skills and modern-day computer proficiency. This doesn’t mean you need to know everything (we provide training) but enough to walk someone through issues. If you can walk -

Pros

Great people, No commute, Work from home, Health benefits, Flexible hours, No corporate red tape, Charitable donation allowance

Cons

No hip downtown office with hipster coffee

- Well-Structured teams- Great management who truly cares about their employees and keeping informed about what’s going on with the organization and certainly open for any feedbacks - There is an amazing culture of open communication where everyone's ideas matter.- Great Work-life Balance- Good Pay and Benefits- A lot of learning and getting good experience working with different teamsOverall, I love being a part of the development of all of the exciting things!

A Wonderful Place to Work!

I have been with the company as an instructional designer for almost one year and have loved every day on the job. My work is creative and challenging and encompasses a wide range of tasks which keeps the work fresh and exciting. Management is very supportive and they believe in the capabilities of their employees, providing a safe environment to expand your skills. I also have the unique experience of working directly under one of the CEOs, which has been a fantastic learning experience.The virtual office environment is perfect for any self-motivated individual. You are trusted to do your job and work independently, but support and the opportunity to collaborate is always there when you need it. CarriersEdge is a small but growing company, where management respects and values their employees. Although everyone works remotely, there is truly a family/team atmosphere. Switching careers and joining the team at CE was the best decision I ever made!

A Workplace You Don't Want to Miss Out On

CarriersEdge is a smaller company which is nice because you get the opportunity to interact with all members of your organization from the top down. Lines of communication are always open and people's ideas and opinions are valued. You won't be just another cog in the machine like you would be at a large corporation.The CEO's and VP of Customer Experience & Recognition Programs are absolutely fantastic and are truly invested in the development and well being of their employees.Working remotely also allows for both autonomy and a great work-life balance.I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about this company and its people. I never could have fathomed I'd end up working in the "trucking industry" but it has been nothing short of one of the best decisions I've made.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CarriersEdge?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarriersEdge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement