Carrier

Carrier Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Easy job to pick up; Great muscle building job
What I've learned from this job is that when people work together as a team, a lot of things can get done quicker. This job really emphasizes the idea of teamwork, and provides work that help enforce that idea.
Très belle entreprise
Très belle culture ainsi que des employés très collaboratif.
Legacy company that is struggling to define itself in the modern era
A lot of politics, collaboration is virtually non-existent, silos every where and all of that given that this company invented the modern refrigeration cycle....a lot of work to be done here!
Hard working with a Positive attitude
I used to work at Mcdonalds as a cashier, i took customers orders i also made coffees and worked drive through. I also worked in the lobby so i had to talk to customers change the garbage and clean the washrooms.
Fun place to work
- Assist hiring managers with requisition sourcing strategies from intake requirements’ gathering to onboarding processes.
- Hands-on with conducting comprehensive discussions with hiring partners, detailing the position needs and scope as well as clarifying mutual partnerships’ roles and expectations.

- Conduct thorough conversations with hiring managers: include diversity, sourcing and capture the essence of the role to effectively write enticing job descriptions for candidates to view.

- Manage the internal recruitment cycle and liaise with the business to create effective sourcing strategies.

- Inform managers on market trends for specific requirements.

- Execute effective and innovative sourcing strategies to identify qualified candidates that includes job fairs, campus recruitment and employee referrals.

- Conduct complex internet searches using a wide variety of search engines, social media, networks, existing pipelines of candidates.

- Proactively network and build robust candidate pools for a variety of positions and locations.

- Conduct phone interviews and assess candidates against client position requirements and organizations’ culture fit.

- Maintain strong client and candidate relationships and satisfaction.

- Update and maintain administrative responsibilities on Workday and iCIMS ATS along with data entry and reporting.
Pros
Work-Life balance, fun place to work, fun people to work with
Cons
Client is very slow
new paper job
other than the fact that i had to put together flyers that consisted of 8 different flyers for over 200+ homes was not ideal and the fact that they only gave us one day to prep was not suffienct enough for a kid who was in high school
Fun workplace
It was an enjoyable place to work. I learned to work with others and time management. I learned to work a cash register and to clean and maintain a proper work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Great Job for a start
My most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own. I learned time management, responsibility, independence and organization. I was giving the opportunity to work in my neighborhood. I would continue working as a carrier if wages were increased, however i am greatly honored for this job opportunity.
Pros
Time
Cons
Salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carrier?
Nice Office To work
Company is very thoughtful with wonderful management and assistance in learning positions with an open mind. Co workers always willing to help one another out
Good culture of training and employee improvement
The one largest area that impacted me while with this organization is the desire to train their staff.
They had the mindset to invest in employees knowing that the return will be ther. The business is highly technical and the customers expect to deal with contacts who are knowledgeable.
Pros
training
Cons
work life balance
Regular routine everyday
Regularly delivering newspaper to about a maximum of 5 neighbourhoods. Working environment depends where your delivering. Low income so its not worth it.
Pros
Can work any time your avalibality
Cons
Low income
Great Job with knowledgable people
A great place to work. Challenging and different tasks. Very knowledgable and helpful crew. I've learned a lot at this position and would definitely like to go back after I finish my degree.
the winnipeg free press was pretty fun
I would deliver newspapers to 350 houses every morning from 2-7am
not much of a learning job pretty straight forward

Management was decent

The hardest part of the job was delivering papers in -40 below weather other than that was pretty good.

The job was fun and very good excerise.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good starter job
Good starter job, had to deliver some heavy sear catalogs as well. Winter was not good but and low pay. Some weeks there was barely and papers to roll but the management was great.
Pros
got 2 days to deliver
Cons
winter
Working for the Economist
Working for the economist was a pleasant experience that definitely had its cons as well. I only worked once a week every week for the past 7 years delivering newspapers to a specified route. It only took maybe an hour and a half each day, but it took 2 hours to put together and get all of the newspapers ready for delivery. The only downsides were that we were expected to work in all weather conditions (including thick snow storms) and on any holiday that occurred on a Thursday. The newspapers were also extremely thick which made delivery harder as only a few would fit into the cart I used. However, this job came with many benefits such as occasional competitions to win prizes such as movie passes.
Pros
Easy to do, can take only a few hours, once a week, contests to win things like movie passes
Cons
Time-consuming to organize weekly flyers, flyers can be heavy, had to work on all Thursday holidays
delivering papers
delivering papers for the citizen this was a great job to work at very friendly and very helpful when needed. Made working there so much fun.
Pros
good reviews and rewards
Cons
Organized, Productive and fun meeting new people
Fun workplace while delivering newspapers. I learned how to be organized and be right on time. The management provides me with everything i need to deliver such as plastic bags when it rains, a cart to push or pull with the newspapers and rubber bands to hold off newspapers. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I meet new people while delivering newspapers. The hardest part of the job is when i have to wait when the management will deliver the flyers for I put to in.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Weather conditions
Taking in the Environment
Every week on Thursday I would hand out papers to around 200 houses. I would get the papers on a Wednesday and put then together right away. I would just walk around and pass out papers, I like to jog and I love nature, so it was a perfect match for me. This job was easy and very manageable. Until they shut down.
Pros
Nature is always a good thing.
Cons
Low income, and they shut down.
A good day doing something and filling in time productivly
i pretty much sold the products and made shur people new what they were looking at while attending to other booth owners.
Also I drove to Orangeville and Guelph and back to specific locations.
Pros
free lunch and supper and just helping people out.
Cons
not fulfilling enough
easy job
delivered papers once a week
was a easy first job, wouldn't even consider it one, but its easy money when your young
delivered newspapers... what can i say
Taught me how to rise every morning at same time and work before school.
Pros
had money in highschool
Cons
was very low pay for 5 am rise everyday
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.