Carrier Sekani Family Services

Carrier Sekani Family Services Employee Reviews

Unprofessional workplace
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 September 2019
Lots of staff turnover at carrier sekani because they don't hire people based on skills. They hire friends and people who are related to them. As a result there are only a few people who work hard and many people who just sit back and get paid. Lot of bullying and lateral violence and no one ever gets in trouble. The comunities are very poor but management gets new company vehicles and trips every year.
Great Experience
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC13 March 2019
Yes, was excellent working with 8 Nations, and spear heading the Program and assisting in Building the Nations up to Healthy Living. Working with Registered Nurses & Doctors, and especially getting to know the Elder's in the Community.
Pros
enjoy the traveling
Best Place to work
Family Justice Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 September 2018
Carrier Sekani is a great place to work . Lots of opportunities to advance and learn new skills . The workplace culture is like a family.
Lots of learning experiences
Pros
Family atmoshpere, lots of opportunities
Being a foster parent Is a great experience
Independent Contractor - Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Parent, QC14 September 2018
Carrier Sekani Family services were wonderful to work for . Although the work was stressful and took over your whole life, The people at Carrier Sekani Family services helped me navigate through any concerns or obstacles.
Very Friendly and was a good place to work
Basic Janitor Cleaning in the common areas (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 April 2018
wasn't their for too long but my time their was great, my boss treated me with respect an they were also very reasonable when their was days I couldn't make it in to work.
Pros
Free Drinks, Food
Cons
Short Hours
Don't move here to work here
Register Clinical Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 April 2017
Nepotism is alive and well. Good pay but the more you do, the more they want from you. Don't be too effective and you'll be ok. If you're good, they'll suck you dry. And your job is not safe. All it takes is for one person to say something bad about you and you are done - if you're not aboriginal anyway. If you are, you can pretty much do what you want and sit pretty.
Pros
pay
Cons
they will turn on you in a heartbeat
work with indigenous communities
Drum Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 April 2017
Carrier sekani family services is dynamic and works with communities that include indigenous people, while being culturally respective to each member of the community
Pros
work towards social equity
Cons
limited services for everyone in the community
n/a
Administrative Assistant/Educator, Term (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 February 2017
I only work with this company on a contract-basis. Not sure what to say except that I love to work with the aboriginal communities of northern BC and hope to keep working with them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Interesting travel
Medical Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 August 2014
Driving nurses to remote isolated native communities and bringing the nurses they replaced back to town, over active logging roads.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lower pay than mining
Satisfactory
Adult Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC28 June 2014
I like my co-workers, this job requires lots of travelling, a typical day at work is usually nice and busy, I have learned more about Mental Health therapy work and about Addictions. What I like most about this job is the people in the Communities and the hardest part is the travelling.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
The travelling
Close knit, family oriented organization.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2014
I really enjoy working at carrier sekani family services. The staff is very friendly and energetic. The management truely cares for its staff members and makes everone feel like they belong.
addictions
Assistant/Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof BC2 August 2012
I really enjoyed working with CSFS. I worked as the Program assistant and Intake worker for the Addictions Recovery Program