Carquest Auto Parts Employee Reviews in Saint John, NB

3.2Pay & Benefits
Great Job
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 June 2019
Great Opportunity, great pay. This is a very diverse work environment with a lot of opportunity to learn and develop your skills, there is also plenty of room for career development
won distribution center of the year award
Distribution Center Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2012
In my role at the Saint John Distribution Centre we made solid improvements on proper student/part-time hiring that eliminated almost all over-time. We rapidly cross-trained to eliminate any areas that did not have enough people trained; thus eliminating bottle-necks in production, and also creating a more efficient Distribution Centre. We also were able to work with purchasing to create a much “smarter” Inventory, thus creating faster turn in inventory for our customers. We did all this and also focused on safety – noting that we worked over a year without a lost time accident. All of the above resulted in us winning the top Distribution Centre award in 2007.

That award gave me my promotion to the Toronto CarQuest Distribution Centre; we made the same vast improvements at the Toronto Distribution Centre. In a short time we made improvements in product picking efficiency by re-working lines and thru positive motivation, and coaching. We also rapidly dropped picking errors. We also improved on lost time accidents. Through cross-training and motivation we eliminated most bottle-necks in productivity and in doing so eliminated most over-time. During my time at the Toronto Distribution Centre I was awarded with a warehouse manager of the year award. I was also chosen to be a mentor due to my ability to manage change, and present it in a positive manner to other managers, and supervisors in the company striving to get to the next level.
Pros
great job with great pay
Cons
it required me to move my family to toronto - family did not like toronto