Carquest Auto Parts

Carquest Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Days often start hectic and end at a snails pace, the ability to leave your station to use the washroom or get a drink if necessary is a huge plus to working here. You can develop a closer relationship with staff and management than you may think you would be able to when working at an operation of this size.
Pros
Ice machine, friendly coworkers
Good place to work...in my case I worked there for 13 years until company closed the store permanently...(corporate decision )but until Last day it was a very good job.
Pros
Working schedules
Cons
Store building was too old .
I have been a GM for 5 months now and really enjoy it. I learn something new every day and have the freedom to build my team to see my vision through. My DM fully supports the store and is understanding of the current events in our country that are making times difficult. We work as a team to try to improve and grow the business.
Pros
freedom to run the store my way.
Cons
was hired with bonuses promised. These are very difficult to earn during covid.
Unfairly treated, had a witness whom will agree. Sexism in the workplace, unfair comments. end of story. This place doesn’t want a kind un judge mental Customer service rep. They just want to make you feel disrespected.
Good place to learn and make good connections in the community. Good employee discounts for personal vehicles. Easy to grasp computer system, even for me, not my forte
Pros
Christmas party is a blast
Cons
Management can be cold
Good company to work for. Work conditions are good and generally safe. Pay is fair but should be better. Little flexibility in work hours performed. Equipment could be updated.
I have 4 years in at Carquest. Every time they called me because someone didn't show up for work, I was there! No appreciation for the above and beyond work I've done. Low pay rate for they expect out of their employees. Plus tons of rules and cameras in the vehicles.
Pros
Could be a great job.
Cons
Poor management and pay scale
For the amount of work they make me do I feel as I don’t get payed enough. I feel as they treat me as the best their and take advantage of me for my hardworking at times. They make me get them food when it is less busy and often fill time with tedious tasks. Overall would be a better company if payed fairly.
Pros
Free workout
Cons
Little pay, more work then it seems
They all work together l, they are very caring and committed to working ! I enjoy feeling welcomed and being taugh new things and the learning experience was great !
Cons
I like working in autoparts the customers respected me as a woman, the bosses in corporate office are rude but that’s just what we had to work with, I moved up fast in company cause they offered classes for me to learn more
Pros
Hours and people
Cons
Pay and corporate bosses are rude
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carquest Auto Parts?
Was not heard seen or listen to by the upper management always thought it was their idea always and never gave credit where credit was due blah blah blah blah
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
it was fun but not something id make a career. the mangement was okay however could of been better. you just drive car parts around to local stores in the area.
Worked my you butt off 6 days a week for 9 months company got sold to competitor benefits and management perks disappeared made job very unappealing to me.
This is a job for kids who get out of school to get on there feet. Other than that, this job is not for you if you’d like to be belittled by ole men. No benifits and arrogant workers who don’t care about others.
The store manager is the worst manager to ever run the parts store. He is very rude and doesn’t care about the customers or the employees. He does just enough to not get fired himself.
On a typical day at work I usually start my work at 9:00am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. I learned and gain a lot of work experience. Management is great. The workplace is a clean, comfortable and a productive environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and gaining new work experience, training others, getting the job done and working as team player.
Pros
Hours and benifts
Cons
short breaks
This is the second time I’ve come to work for this amazing group. People are awesome to work with there is a great pace at work. Very family oriented.
Your easly can be replaced, and they definitely let you know that there.(Oxnard Ca) They disregard your personal life you have to work your appointment around the scheduling. They definitely favor seniority so your chances of moving up are slim-to-none, the pay is minimum if your in a bind they hire anyone!. No good!!
The team members and pay are the only good things about this place. If you can find a different job to work at I would. They are slave drivers and don’t care about your family life
The managers would pool together and have one supervisor (usually the same one) do most of the work which was a bit off putting. The people that work there usually don't like change if it doesn't go to their favor even if it's efficient. There are a few bad apples in there but overall, everyone there do their job and go home at the end of the day.
Part time workers are treated like lower class citizens. Holiday pay is only 4 hours no matter how many hours you work in a day. Vacation time is only 20 hours per year no matter how many hours a week you work. After 5 years my vacation pay hours were never increased. Pay raises were no more than $0.25/hour per year. No health insurance offered to part timers. These things might be different now as I stopped working there in 2010. But I doubt it. Fellow employees are helpful and friendly. Everyone seemed to get along with each other. Overall a pleasant place to work.