CARPENTERS UNION Employee Reviews

meh
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON10 April 2019
was not a recommended place to work at what so ever. would never work for them again. super unfair and other employees have no respect. the savages working there are the reason i left this job.
good training and safety standards
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2018
Hard work, excellent safety standards, but inconsistent and often slow. good work environment and excellent training! the benefits and percs to working in the carpenters union are second to none, however work inconsistency has made it difficult to support a family of five!
Pros
safe environment and good hourly wages
Cons
long hours and inconsistent work
productive environment
Carpenter/ Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2017
fun productive place to work everyone treats you like have and is interested in your story your goals and aspiration and willing to lead in direction to achieve them
Overall great to work for. Just lacked in work.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Keahou Sheraton16 October 2017
Good. Work environment was the safest. Had work schedule meetings everyday. PPE was important. Went to apprenticeship program. Hands on training as well as classroom work.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of work
I wasn't happy there.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 August 2017
I did not enjoy my time there. I was in the piece workers union and every check would be short money. I was treated terribly and was looked down on because i spoke English and not Croatian.
Dedicated workers and employers
Carpenter Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
The companies I have personally worked for have all been great. Nothing short of great work atmospheres and great people.
Set up, prep, organize tasks, build, clean up, meet all goals.
Apprentice drywaller, framer, insullator (Current Employee) –  Barrie and area, ON10 April 2016
I sign in at every job site. I do my walk around and see what I will need to get done for the day and how many days it will take me to finish the whole job. I then organize and set my goals for the day, I then set up all of my tools and PPE up that I will need for the day and where I will need them. I like to accomplish my goals and then some of the goals set for the next day so I am ahead of my work. I then make sure throughout the day my workplace is kept clean of all garbage and hazardous obstructions into the end of the day. I learned how to install doorways, framing walls, insulation and polly, and drywall application for commercial and residential. Also how to drive a cherry picker and a scissor lift as well as power tools that I had not already known how to use in everyday application. The management was usually handled well and organized. When a problem or something that had put our trade behind somehow, there was always something to get accomplished. We got paid by the hour or by piece work with what we did. I am very great at multi-tasking, fast paced enviroments, and working well with others and alone. I also retain information very well and a fast learner.
Good guys, everyone helps one another
Scaffold Erector (Third Year Apprentice) (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 September 2014
I enjoy working with these guys, everyone works as a team to get the job done. I learned many little tricks from the old timers,
Pros
Work well with other Scaffolders
Cons
Not enough work in the city
Good guys
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 January 2014
Not much work through these guys anymore. good hours though and some great admin staff. I'd probably have stayed if the work was more consistent.
Pros
great pay
Cons
inconsistent work
Excellent benifits
Journeyman Boardman (Former Employee) –  Union, ON14 November 2013
Excellent idea, however seemingly part time this first year with them.