Carleton University Employee Reviews

Great enviornment for growth and development
SESSIONAL LECTURER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2018
Carleton is a wonderful way to network, grow and explore new ways of seeing the world around you. This has been one of the most enjoyable places to work.
Pros
Networking and intellectual stimulation
Cons
Not enough parking
Great Experience
Monthly Guest Critic (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2018
As a guest critic, I felt very welcome; the students were dedicated and their work was a pleasure to review. I would highly recommend working here to anyone thinking about being a guest critic at the architecture school.
Pros
High quality student work
Cons
Long drive from Montreal or Toronto
Flexible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
very nice place to work
professional
maintains a healthy work environment
flexible
people there are amazing
Pros
nice people
Cons
preferred more hours
Excellent experience
Enrichment Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2018
Working as an instructor at Carleton was an excellent and enriching experience. A typical day on the job involved teaching an enrichment mathematics class for grade 3 and 4 students. I gained valuable communication and teaching skills that will certainly be of tremendous use to me in the future.
Incredible co-workers and advisors
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2018
I have loved every minute of the job as a teaching assistant. The other TAs and students I get to work with are some of the smartest and kindest people
Very flexible with students schedules
recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2018
Lovely environment,welcoming and educative.Loved working with different parents and families as well as wit the team members.The event was a success with many happy parents.
Happy Place
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
The job environment is fun and happy however to advance it is based on time, therefore, you can outperform and not be rewarded for that. However, overall amazing community spirit.
Nice and quite student environment
EXAMINATION PROCTOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2018
As a graduate student of Carleton University, I was offered this position as an exam invigilator for undergraduate exams and the work environment was well organised .
Pros
can choose our availiblity
Cons
some rude alumni supervisors
Good for Academic purposes
Teacher Assistant "Second year University courses" (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2018
Working on campus is convenient for class related projects as well as the amount of time not being spent on getting to work. I loved the environment there.
Temporary but fulfilling
Events Logistics Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2018
The position I held at Carleton University was a temporary position doing fall orientation prep for two weeks. The work environment was relaxed yet structured, managing team was responsible and easily accessible and the overall experience was good.
A job with constant changes
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
I'll avoid ranting on this and try and give an objective opinion of the job. The basics were taking care of sports equipment and operating the on-site laundry facilities. Every day there was a myriad of new tasks that occasionally felt out of our purview as equipment managers. Just some examples: Cleaning underneath the pool, checking and managing chlorine levels, cleaning chemical spills, groundskeeping, vacuuming facilities.

Don't do this job if you're not prepared to do many things not described when you're hired. It is a strange, sometimes exciting place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, hands off management, plenty of downtime
Cons
Poor management, being asked to do work without proper preparation
Good workplace that offers an amazing Experience!
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2018
I worked at Carleton University in the chemistry department. My work days consisted me of making various solutions for the first year chemistry labs and preparing all the lab stations daily. The hardest part of my job was to assemble the lab and have it ready for students every day on my own, which was also enjoyable to me .
educational experience
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2018
being a part of the Carleton university has given me many different experiences in the way of interactive learning and participation.The school is a completely different world and I believe I m at the right place for my better future.
asa
Neuroscience Society President, VP External (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
great company. recommend to anyone. Offers amazing service to the community. Treats everyone with respect and encouragement. Great organization, highly recommenodedxax
fun and challenging
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2018
Carleton University was able to understand the majority of my goals and has helped me achieve and continues to help me achieve reaching of my goals, which is important in my line of work.
Productive good workplace, good group of people.
Summer Student Ground maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2018
promotes good teamwork and an overall good community to work in. good amount of time given for breaks. Everyone treats each other with respect and learns from each other.
Pros
good breaks
A Good University
Engineering mentor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2018
The position of Engineering mentor is unpaid.
The peers are wonderful.
The students are, as for all universities, have a mixture of capabilities. The library could be improved.
Pros
Access to facilities
Cons
Pay.
time consuming
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2018
It can be stressful to work as a teacher's assistant while studying. It is really good for people who like to teach. But that's not everyone. Sometimes you have to spend time on unexpected things which can be annoying. And of course, it really depends on the professor you are working for. He or she can really mess up your semester!!!
Pros
good part-time job
Cons
some professors can be uncooperative and unhelpful
Great co-workers
Classroom Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2018
A diverse workplace with great colleagues and supervisor. Daily challenges with room for growth and development. Involved work with the public both over the phone, e-mail and in person.
Parallel institutional cultures - and the twain just doesn't meet
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2018
Perhaps in common with other universities, the service and the academic sides of the university have completely different opinions about the scope of their responsibilities but I am not sure anyone has reality-checked either worldview .