Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

It had a very healthy and fun-filled atmosphere.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2018
Carl's Jr. is very intersting place to work.Ii have learned a lot of things from there especially team work. Staff over there is very freindly and helping. Even the management was also very motivating.
ALright to work at, lots of cleaning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
wasnt the best place to work at, poor management, place wasnt very organized, was hard to get the schedule, managers never asnwered emails or called, hard to switch shifts
Uncaring management and ridiculous hours
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB7 February 2018
It has been a while since I worked here but when I left the work staff was still being treated with very little consideration. With the front end staff we were required to run both drive-thru and front end alone from about 8:30 until we closed at 10, with very little help from the shift leader due to them also having work to do. if you stayed over your five hour shift, even just five minutes, than you would be docked an extra break from your pay even if you didn't take it.
Pros
Nice employee discount
Cons
everything else
Review
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 December 2017
Nice and respectful co-workers but the management is terrible. The food was always delicious, I had lots ofshifts which I enjoyed. But I ended up getting sick and was on bed rest for 2 weeks so they let me go.
Pros
respectful co-workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Disconnect between employees and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
Managers were very difficult to communicate with. They were very slow to address employee issues and were not amicable when issues were being raised. Otherwise, it would have been a better place with better management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Communication barrier
Hard Work with no reward and lack of care to employees
Back and front line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 September 2017
Carl's is a hard place to work. With expectations way over their minimum wage payment. Right from the start management expects you to know how everything works, and was often upset and frustrated when asked for help. Staff turnover is a constant as most employees are not satisfied with their life working here. Another major problem is a lack of understanding that employees have lives outside of working.
Pros
I had employment
Cons
Everything else
fast paced environment with great staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK18 September 2017
Fun workplace with great staff. You can work your way up if you are willing to learn both front and back responsibilities. Be polite to management and to other staff members. Outgoing and hard working personalities are who they are looking for. Make sure you are able to handle stressful situations because rush times can get overwhelming.
Pros
Daily dicounts
It was not that great
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
Had a lot of problems with it and due to this i would not recommend working here but the staff are polite even though the management are not. Mediocre at best.
I really enjoy this job but unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills
Broiler cook, Cashier, Fry cook (Current Employee) –  16 Ave N.W20 June 2017
Overall this job has a great team, I really like how stuctured and the high Standard this place enforces upon us, the stress may be high for not only putting out high quality but also a speedy service but I find the challenges to be very fun for me to master but no chance's of advancement in this job.
Pros
Difficult challenges, Improve hand eye cordination, Great friendly staff, High Standards, Clean
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent with the fundamental ways of doing a specific task
Carls jr, nice people but not organized
cashier, cook and server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
It is a very slow, tiring place. I work at the front of the restaurant, I clean organize and make sure that everything is perfect. I am the main leader if I am working with any coworkers so I give them jobs to do to help maintain the place. I serve the food and ask how everything was and make sure that the customer has everything they need because they come first. The management isn't the best, they like to take advantage of you, if you don't let them know that you can work they don't book you at all. They make the schedule very last minute. It gets to be very irritating. It is a very big range of ethnics and friendly coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by nice friendly faces, I worked there full time so I got to recognize familiar faces and get to know the guests.
Not the greatest
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
The staff was good but the management and owners were below par at best. The owners constantly changed schedules without notifying staff which caused many problems on top of the already abhorrent management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Low quality service and bad management
fast pace fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
friendly environment and fast pace oriented. Management is supportive and hours are very flexible. I you want to work, this would be a good option for you.
amazing place to work
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
its a good place to earn some money you can learn many stuff from the manager mister minhaj khan and other team members you will never get bore while on job.
Pros
50 percent of for empleys
too unproffetionall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB26 March 2017
management sucks. you get as much hours you want. employees stay friendly. you learn work ethics over there. i like the days i have spent over there. amazing burgers by the way.
A Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  YVR Vancouver Airport8 March 2017
Lovely place to work with great environment. Nice supervisors also a Manager. Co-workers are nice and the training was excellent. So good to work there.
Pros
Gives you the opportunity to have nice views of the landings of airplanes
productive and fun
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2017
great start of job here in canada.
superstar service
teamwork
good workplace
rush hour of cleaning
many guest smiles back to me..other co-worker and even manager are helpful
Pros
discount in one day meal
Cons
short period of time
Productive workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
It was a fun place to work and it was pretty easy to get the hang of everything, the hardest part of the job was rush hour but other than that it wasn't too stressful of a job
Place sucked
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 January 2017
Un organized management. No one helps you. Everyone for them selves. Un sanitary place to eat. Terrible place over all to work
Productive workplace
Supervisor in training (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2017
Very good environment to work and learn .The team helped me to get on to the workmode quickly and the training given was really helpful.
it was a great place to work at
cashier/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 December 2016
It was a good place to work. Helped train new co workers. Helped other managers when needed. Was being trained to be a Supervisor. Served the customers their orders to the tables they were at. Took the customers orders at the tills on front line and the drive thru as well. Helped drop products like fries and onion rings or the patties needed for the burgers.
Pros
we got half price for part of our shifts for the first meal, then 20 percent off our second meal or when we didn't work that day or night.
Cons
hours were good