Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Terrible owner
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
Work 6 days a week. Minimum wage. Owner is horrible to deal with. If you call in sick one day expect all ur shifts for the week to be gone. Doesnt always pay you on time. For breaks you choose between getting 1 half hour break unpaid or one 15 min break paid
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude owner, terrible treatment of employees, doesnt pay on time
Good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2018
It was my pleasure to work with Carls. Excellent workplace with some nice staffs. You will get enough opportunities for your career development. Management, Job culture are very good.
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 July 2018
Hours were alright, people were alright. Personally I don't like working in fast food but who does. It'd get busy but that wasn't the problem. The downtime was what was tedious.
carls jr
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
Bad management, doesnt know how to train people and singles out employees. Picking up other peoples slack and they only have a job there because they are friendly with the owner. Terrible company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
cookline/cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2018
Very fun place to work. i learned how to work in a fast manner and ensure a safe environment. Staff and management where awesome. diverse in different cultures. Hardest part of the job was when it was busy.
productive and well managed food place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 July 2018
Carl's Jr is usuall a busy retuarant, many poeple came to enjoy their delicious foods everyday, which made it easy to gain quick experiance with customers.
Pros
alwyas kept at task
management was ok
Hospitality & Production Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
working at carls jr at the university is quite fun... busy though. the nicest thing about it is you dont have to worry about cleaning washrooms and dining area cuz it is the universities duties. closing is always a tough job cuz you have to clean everything.. the charbroil and filter the oil.. etc but still works fine.
Pros
50% for the product you buy
It had a very healthy and fun-filled atmosphere.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2018
Carl's Jr. is very intersting place to work.Ii have learned a lot of things from there especially team work. Staff over there is very freindly and helping. Even the management was also very motivating.
ALright to work at, lots of cleaning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
wasnt the best place to work at, poor management, place wasnt very organized, was hard to get the schedule, managers never asnwered emails or called, hard to switch shifts
Uncaring management and ridiculous hours
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB7 February 2018
It has been a while since I worked here but when I left the work staff was still being treated with very little consideration. With the front end staff we were required to run both drive-thru and front end alone from about 8:30 until we closed at 10, with very little help from the shift leader due to them also having work to do. if you stayed over your five hour shift, even just five minutes, than you would be docked an extra break from your pay even if you didn't take it.
Pros
Nice employee discount
Cons
everything else
Fun!
Drive-thru and regular Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
The job culture was incredible! So much fun with and for those people. The only real issue was with the upper management of this specific branch because they were all cheap people that cut corners every chance they got.
Review
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 December 2017
Nice and respectful co-workers but the management is terrible. The food was always delicious, I had lots ofshifts which I enjoyed. But I ended up getting sick and was on bed rest for 2 weeks so they let me go.
Pros
respectful co-workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Disconnect between employees and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
Managers were very difficult to communicate with. They were very slow to address employee issues and were not amicable when issues were being raised. Otherwise, it would have been a better place with better management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Communication barrier
Hard Work with no reward and lack of care to employees
Back and front line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 September 2017
Carl's is a hard place to work. With expectations way over their minimum wage payment. Right from the start management expects you to know how everything works, and was often upset and frustrated when asked for help. Staff turnover is a constant as most employees are not satisfied with their life working here. Another major problem is a lack of understanding that employees have lives outside of working.
Pros
I had employment
Cons
Everything else
fast paced environment with great staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK18 September 2017
Fun workplace with great staff. You can work your way up if you are willing to learn both front and back responsibilities. Be polite to management and to other staff members. Outgoing and hard working personalities are who they are looking for. Make sure you are able to handle stressful situations because rush times can get overwhelming.
Pros
Daily dicounts
It was not that great
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
Had a lot of problems with it and due to this i would not recommend working here but the staff are polite even though the management are not. Mediocre at best.
I really enjoy this job but unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills
Broiler cook, Cashier, Fry cook (Current Employee) –  16 Ave N.W20 June 2017
Overall this job has a great team, I really like how stuctured and the high Standard this place enforces upon us, the stress may be high for not only putting out high quality but also a speedy service but I find the challenges to be very fun for me to master but no chance's of advancement in this job.
Pros
Difficult challenges, Improve hand eye cordination, Great friendly staff, High Standards, Clean
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent with the fundamental ways of doing a specific task
Carls jr, nice people but not organized
cashier, cook and server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
It is a very slow, tiring place. I work at the front of the restaurant, I clean organize and make sure that everything is perfect. I am the main leader if I am working with any coworkers so I give them jobs to do to help maintain the place. I serve the food and ask how everything was and make sure that the customer has everything they need because they come first. The management isn't the best, they like to take advantage of you, if you don't let them know that you can work they don't book you at all. They make the schedule very last minute. It gets to be very irritating. It is a very big range of ethnics and friendly coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by nice friendly faces, I worked there full time so I got to recognize familiar faces and get to know the guests.
Not the greatest
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
The staff was good but the management and owners were below par at best. The owners constantly changed schedules without notifying staff which caused many problems on top of the already abhorrent management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Low quality service and bad management
fast pace fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
friendly environment and fast pace oriented. Management is supportive and hours are very flexible. I you want to work, this would be a good option for you.