Cariboo Memorial Hospital

Cariboo Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
A typical day at work would begin with:
Morning report and review of our patients for the day.

A walk through of the floor to greet our patients and introduce ourselves. At that time we would find out any immediate needs or concerns and handle them as timely and efficiently as possible.

Morning assessments and medication administration

Check Dr.'s orders.

Morning care and organize breaks with our co workers.

Mid morning we would also be looking at discharges and admitting patients.

Mobilize patients and work with the physio team.

We are encouraged to update and add to the care plan.

throughout the day there is constant communication to organize breaks with coworkers and assess yours and others workload.

Further assessment and medication administration.

At three pm there would be a unit meeting to discuss patient progress and care planning.

Ongoing throughout the day we would be charting our assessments/ events, answering call bells, medications administration, implementing plan of care- or nursing tasks ie. initiate fall risk protocol, insert NG tube for gastric rest, VAC dressing changes.

End of shift- report off to following nurse and complete your end of shift duties.

I learned the importance of team work from working at Cariboo Memorial. I felt really supported by the fellow nurses I worked with and being able to ask for help when you have a heavy workload made the day more enjoyable and safer.

Management was consistent and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was one that most hospitals experience which is being over census or understaffed.
 - more...
Work only 4 hours a day in the morning! Only got 4 hours to do everything in the morning which is not enough time! The supervisor there made it impossible to work there. They only go by how many hours you do! Had to work with mostly grumpy old people!
Pros
Pay
Cons
old grumpy coworkers
I would print daily census; ensure all patients charts were current and up to date. I was responsible for all data entry, admissions and discharges. Coordination of appointments as well as dietary needs.
This being the Most Wonderful place to work - in Healthcare - is in a hospital setting and in the Clerical Department. Watching the heartbeat of the hospital, flowing computer/paper work through so easily in perfect harmony with all the other departments.

To work with terrific co-workers under the most stressful times were always so gratifying. What ever I put in, I got so much more back in return - satisfied with the job I had done that day and ready for an unpredictable tomorrow. I worked with Doctors & Nursing Staff who I will always have a high regard for, above most jobs in the world.

There was no hard part to this job.
Pros
Worked with incredible professionals.
Cons
Not enough staff available for call-ins for extreme busy days.
Enjoyed working with the public. I learned about diets. The hardest part of the job was being on call. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about certain diets, preparing meals and serving meals. Time goes by quick.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
short hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cariboo Memorial Hospital?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cariboo Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4