Cargojet Airways Ltd

Cargojet Airways Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
Working at Cargojet has been a great experience to date. The entire team is very knowledgeable, dynamic and are always willing to help. Management is great; always willing to sit down, talk and resolve any problems you may have.
Working outside all year long can be difficult at times, but being properly clothed, which is mostly supplied by the company, is important.

Being autonomous plays an important role as well as Being knowledgeable of systems and taking the proper decisions. Overtime may be required due to snags or additional flights, but that is part of aviation, and to be expected.

This job is for people that are willing to put in the work, learn, and be a team player. Hard work pays off at Cargojet: Good salary, decent benefits and being able to be part of a great operation.
Pros
Great work environment and great team.
Cons
obligatory overtime occasionally
Fun and challenging
Lots of growth opportunities

Leader in the marketplace

Excellent management

Lots of benefits

Surprise visits from celebrities

Surprise lunches

Great holiday lunches

Pros
Excellent management
Cons
I have enjoyed my time working at CJT, most importantly I enjoyed the team spirit and welcoming environment. I have learned a lot and look forward to returning to Cargojet once i am done with my studies.
My typical day at work is enjoyable and stress free.
Colleagues are very supportive and helpful.

Lots of opportunities to grow with the company. Enjoying my time at Cargojet Airways for the last 10 years.
Fun, fast paced and filled with growth opportunities. If one has the right commitment, work ethics and is open to learn, there are many career paths to choose from. I joined as a ground handler while studying for aircraft engineering and later could move into my aspirational role as an AME. Thank you Cargojet!
Pros
Career growth paths
Great Place work, They have great team -oriented environment, approachable management. Room for growth. The team are very helpful and accommodating and flexible hours.
No 1 for any new entrant into the job world with several internal growth opportunities that makes Cargojet a choice for the long term. Solid leadership right down from the CEO!
Family like atmosphere with a high safety focus. Went above and beyond during this pandemic with premium pay, bonus , supplies for sanitation, masks , safety protocols in abundance !
Pros
Career growth and safety
Cons
Night ops
At Cargojet you are treated like family from day one, forward thinking company with a real hunger to do even more to better each day than yesterday.

The culture fit and values are very important to the management and this helps bring in the right people
Pros
Tickets for hockey and baseball games, discounted airline tickets
Cons
nothing I can think of
CEO is one of a kind, loves and takes care of his workers and is noticed all across his stations in Canada. Loved working for this company, everyone felt like a part of one big family. Hard work and dedication pays off big time with this company.
Pros
Cons
New Station Manager
Workplace is not too bad. The seats is very short for rest.The manager is quite good . A good team to be work for. Many Workmates are nice gay in there.
Even though my job can be fast paced and demanding, it's an overall relaxed environment, the people are fantastic, pay is decent & there is room for advancement if you are willing to work & learn
It’s not awesome management could be way better the culture is laid back & pressure is only added when things are delayed or needs to be rushed working around airplanes are the only good perk
It was an awesome experience. I just left due to my schedule problem. Fellow workers and seniors are really friendly and respectful. It's an easy job with no stress. The only downside I saw was that you can't get quick growth opportunities. No matter how good you are at the job, people with seniority will do all the work. Also supervisors can interfere in your work just to show that they are the boss.
I loved my time at cargojet. The managment and crews were all top notch.
The training was fun and effective.

I have 0 complaints and would still work there today if I hadn't had to leave for family reasons.
Really like it to work there if only was a temp job. Unfortally they only had openings for night shifts. Upper management/Supervisors always look for us, tried to motivate us and appreciate our work.
As far as airport positions go, you can expect to work throughout your shift. The company provides proper winter gear and and proper rain gear. Ramp staff will not be operating additional equipment such as ground power units, heaters and lavatory servicing trucks as that's done by maintenance.
They provide a good Customer services
Safety work place

Collaborative atmosphere

Excellent relationship with colleagues and the shifts are acceptable.
Good place to work. Hard work is rewarded. Salary is decent. Colleagues will treat you like family.
Wish they offered you the opportunity to work from home.
I would not recommend working here as most coworkers that work here are not friendly (unless they like or approve of you). Management does not deal with problems seriously or properly. There are some great people who do work there, however people will do what they can to make your life miserable
Cargojet is a good company to work for if you like night shifts. It has decent pay and regular hours (same shift everyday but you pick the shift you want). The shifts are short (4 hours) but there are opportunities to take overtime or if you are full time you will get 8 hour shifts. They have you trained to do many different jobs (scanning, packing, sorting, loading planes etc. pretty much anything they ask you to do) so if you like a job where you do the same task this may not be for you.
I personally like the management I think they are good people who really know their stuff but when we are behind schedule they really put the pressure on you. The workplace environment is okay, the people are nice but it can often feel like the higher-ups don't respect employees and just see us as grunts to get the work done fast but that's just how it is don't take it personally and you'll be okay.

The hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting (often freight over 70lbs), there is a lot of slinging around packages and many are quite heavy. It is also repeated heaving lifting so if you can't lift and pack a uld with packages weighing 10-70lbs for a couple of hours on end then the job might not be for you.
Typical not unionized work place someone's cousin can steel someone else's position, People come here work two months and go on CSST tells you a lot about the abuse, they make you do 8 different jobs you need to be DG specialist a packing specialist a driver a computer expert and all this for cheap pay, unbelievable they make you do 8 different jobs and one pay