Cargill
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Cargill

Cargill Employee Review

Productive, Team Work, Good Benefits, Good Pay, Flexible

I had worked in both Cargill-Dunlop and Cargill- Watson in Guelph for a total of 6 years. It’s a fast-paced work environment. I was happy with my work, and I felt appreciated. The management, supervisors and co-workers are friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to meet most of my co-workers at work every day. Cargill helped me put a roof on my head, provide for my family here and overseas. I availed most of my health benefits. They were flexible with my schedule that I was able to practice nursing and to graduate in another program. I resigned because I could now pursue careers that I am more passionate about. I could never thank Cargill enough for making this possible. I miss my friends in Cargill and the energy of the people at work. The best part of being at Cargill is when I met my husband there.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fast paced and physically demand

Very fast paced and physically demanding. A typical day at work you know what time do you start but never know what time you will finish. A lot of breakdown and mandate overtime. Coworkers are great, they are always trying to help you.I would recommend to work there to get some experience and then try to move to a better place. If you work at Cargill London, you can work at any place. At least the pay is good.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, breakdowns every day, mandate overtime
Same role

Overall a decent place to work.

Worked as a seasonal labourer and would recommend it others. Doesn't pay as well as labourer positions in other industries but is still pretty good. Management was good as they mostly left you to do your own thing as long as the job got done. I was pleased to see there is mandatory safety training. Dealing with the head office though can be a pain. Took a long time to resolve a pay dispute despite the fact they acknowledged that I was missing a paycheque. It was still resolved but took longer than it should have because my request was stuck for a couple months and it took a couple phone calls and a very nice HR rep to push it ahead. Despite that I would still work for Cargill again.
Same location

Overworked and no life outside of Cargill.

Worst place I could've possibly worked at. No life outside of work and constantly was stressed about everything and having panic attacks on the line form being over worked. Don't work here.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement