Cargill Employee Review

What Salt?
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA29 August 2013
Before I started with this company, the only salt that I knew of were table salt. I never knew that salt was used for so many other things like cleaning salt off of our highways and using salt in hotel laundry methods.

Working for Cargill Salt was extremely challenging as I had to learn the ways salt is harvest, used, and transported. But I had to learn quick because I was aiming for the Team Leader position. By obtaining this goal, I took home (with permission, of course) Operation Manuals from the factory in order to know how it's harvested. I also spent a lot of time talking to our Sales Reps and Quality Control experts. I also learned how to dispatch trucks in order to fulfill and deliver the salt to our customers.

Other Cargill Employee Reviews

Productive and Fast Pace Environment
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 April 2018
A typical day is fast pace environment, organizing and establishing triage for the incoming clients. Assessing and treating clients reporting a work injury. The hardest part of job was being short nurses, working alone and trying to accomplish multi-functional jobs and deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting those homemade food snacks from workers and sharing with the team.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Working with chickens
Great people, not so great management.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  High River, AB6 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at cargill. Loved my co workers. They were the reason I came to work. Some of the management styles aren’t the greatest and leave people feeling unheard and ignored, but the work was good, the pay was good, and there were definitely some perks.
Pros
Fun activities, flexible hours, on site gym.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.