Cargill
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Cargill

Cargill Employee Review

Fast paced and physically demand

Very fast paced and physically demanding. A typical day at work you know what time do you start but never know what time you will finish. A lot of breakdown and mandate overtime. Coworkers are great, they are always trying to help you.I would recommend to work there to get some experience and then try to move to a better place. If you work at Cargill London, you can work at any place. At least the pay is good.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, breakdowns every day, mandate overtime

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive, Team Work, Good Benefits, Good Pay, Flexible

I had worked in both Cargill-Dunlop and Cargill- Watson in Guelph for a total of 6 years. It’s a fast-paced work environment. I was happy with my work, and I felt appreciated. The management, supervisors and co-workers are friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to meet most of my co-workers at work every day. Cargill helped me put a roof on my head, provide for my family here and overseas. I availed most of my health benefits. They were flexible with my schedule that I was able to practice nursing and to graduate in another program. I resigned because I could now pursue careers that I am more passionate about. I could never thank Cargill enough for making this possible. I miss my friends in Cargill and the energy of the people at work. The best part of being at Cargill is when I met my husband there.
Same role

Overall a decent place to work.

Worked as a seasonal labourer and would recommend it others. Doesn't pay as well as labourer positions in other industries but is still pretty good. Management was good as they mostly left you to do your own thing as long as the job got done. I was pleased to see there is mandatory safety training. Dealing with the head office though can be a pain. Took a long time to resolve a pay dispute despite the fact they acknowledged that I was missing a paycheque. It was still resolved but took longer than it should have because my request was stuck for a couple months and it took a couple phone calls and a very nice HR rep to push it ahead. Despite that I would still work for Cargill again.
Same location

Very poor management, few to non existent growth opportunities, horrible work culture

This was a very poor career move. Management never comes to the production floor but are the first to make changes that affect floor supervisors and employees. They also do not have a grip on decision making which leads to constant issues with the regulatory bodies. There is a lot of nepotism when it comes to promotions. People with less qualifications are handed out jobs that they are incapable to handle. Hourly employees are very rude and makes the whole job very stressful and mentally draining. People are mandated to work every weekend. Work life balance does not exist. Overall environment can be described as toxic which is evident from the huge turnover rate of supervisors in all departments. Work here only if you have no prior experience in the industry and need a foot in the door and you have no other options!Pros: Good experience with high stress work environment if you’re a beginner in the industry. Cons: Poor management, lack of growth opportunities, overall very toxic and emotionally draining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cargill with

• Cargill
  • Fast paced and physically demand