Cargill

Found 313 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,035 reviews

Insights into Cargill

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

It’s good decent company good pay fast pace

It’s good good people fast pace decent pay steady work and unionized just didn’t like being forced to work every Saturday during the summer supervisors and management are nice people supplied uniforms that they wash for you so that’s a bonus

Pros

Good pay washed uniforms nice people good management

Cons

Forced to work saturdays

Great company. I recommend this company to anyone who wants to work here. Management is good to employees.

Loved working here. A Fast paced facility, repetitive job. Great benefits. Good salary. They have a clinic who tends to their employees needs and checks them regularly. Leadhands and supervisors are great.

Pros

Great benefits, good salary

Cons

Fast paced facility, repetitive work

Toxic and hostile work environment , safety is not adequate

safety is inadequate Corporate culture is great but the Calgary location won't follow the same standards. Corrupted managers doings KPIs based on fake facts

Pros

Sometimes lunch for "safety recognition" but unfortunately the place is not safe

Cons

Toxic work environment unprofessional management promoting gossips

Good internship experience

I was there for about 5 months on an internship that was extended slightly to help out. It's a good place for people looking for experience. Seems like they have opportunities to advance or learn to work in other teams or departments too. The people were nice as well.

Pros

Nice people, career path

Cons

If you don't have a car and don't live downtown, it's a pain.

Horrible they treat people like absolute trash

Don't bother horrible company that under pays and will treat you like trash, accuse you of breaking things even though they do no preventative maintenance , the plant managers do what they want and threaten employees with termination over extremely small and non serious problems not to mention the abundance of cfia rules being constantly broken by plant managers and supervisors alike!

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Literally everything else

Terrible

Don't work here. long hours, management doesnt care. You are just as disposable as the cattle you slaughter.avoid unless you must. coworkers are great, but management is miserable

Mandated overtime most of the time

Not a satisfying workplace, spme people are nice but overall management could tune themselves up to improve their critical thinking. Training can be alot better when working in this company.

Environnement de travail dangereux

-Climat trop froid (l’année passer COVID-19 a battu des records 60personnes étaient attend en une semaine-Ça pousse trop dans la production -Climat entre les employées très négatif à cause des boss c est une politique .-remuneration insuffisante par rapport à l effort qu on fourni et le secteur de production (la viand)-

Not a bad place to work

They are working through some staffing changes from an extremely old and set in there ways crew, too a more modern group with younger staff and management. I’d that is the worst part about the place. The older techs have all but given up. Otherwise, if you’re ok with the product, it was decent place to be a millwright. Your years of service are rewarded with good working hours.

Pros

Good people, young management, adaptive

Cons

A poorly structured and borderline corrupt union, very much protecting bad staff.

Lots of responsibility and experience, not much pay

You will be expected to work a LOT of uncompensated OT as a supervisor. On call weekend / stats (unpaid). 400-800+ hours OT each year is normal which they don't pay you for or give days off in exchange or anything. Many of the operators will make more in a year than you do as they are paid for OT. A crush plant is a fast paced environment with a small staff so you will have to fill roles you wouldn't have to in a big plant. You get to play operator/pipefitter/labourer depending on what is going on in shutdown/startup periods. It is a good first job to get your feet wet and gain some skills to leverage for your next job. This is the kind of place you want to work a few years to get experience then leave. Any more than that and it will burn you out. Cargill management likes people that put the hours in and stay late, whether they are actually doing anything or not.

Pros

Lots of experience, learned a lot

Cons

Non existent work/life balance, pay was 70% of what it should have been

once in a while free lunch

typical 40hrs a week learned to master your skills safety is number one no discrimination too hot in production floor/ too cold good benefits fast conveyor lines

Pros

good benefits no lay off

Cons

fast conveyor lanes/ too much politics

Stressant et raciste

Aucun équilibre salaire vie professionnelle et personnelle. Je ne recommande pas de travailler

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Tout de lemploi

Focused Employer

I believe Cargill is a focused employer. They do well to take care of all their employees' needs. They are respectful and accommodative. The wages and benefits are also typically above average. I would highly recommend this role for a life starter.

Pros

Respectful People, Great wages and Benefits, Taxi rides for employees who have difficulty getting home

Cons

cold environment

You will not grow in the company..

We work Full 8 hours a day sometimes they cheated. Excess of 5 to 10 mins. Every seconds count.. very stressful and hard to get a washroom break when needed

Cons

Long hours. Sometimes we work even saturday and sunday

stressant et racisme

mauvais environnement racismefavoritismestress

Pros

aucun

Cons

courte pauses

Normal

Maintenance get good pay but on the floor not. Cheap company on benefit, no sick dayManagement keep changing their mind, no promotion base on your efforts

Fast pace and rewarding

Great place to work. A lot of opportunities to advance. There is lots of overtime but its based on seniority since its unionized. Love the color coded hats for employees.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Can get cold

it is a good place to work, but not the best

It is a company dedicated to kill cattle and proccesing. usually the work environment es very hoy, loudly, noysi and very wet due to hot water that it is present everywhere.

Pros

full time hours

Cons

so bossy some managers

Excellent place to work

12 hr Rotation shift Monday to Friday. 5-days , 3-Nights and 2-Nights followed by 3-weeks rotation . Almost 14 days off in a month. Occasionally weekend overtime available. Friendly environment and good pay and excellent benefits.

Cons

12 hrs shift

Every one helping the job

I enjoy working in cargill with my co-workers on the line even though our work is hard. we are safe in our work because of our protection and company policy, I am grateful I was a former part of the cargill company.

Pros

Free foods

will not apply

I supported this company. Worked as a superintendent. I was used to bring an oversize inventory in. When completed I was dismissed. Poor leadership. I feel that I worked hard and complied with all requests in a timely manner. But when I was road to get a 20,000 square foot inventory into a 10,000 sq. ft. space. and manage this doing a decon 7. when completed I was let go. All about profit not people. Is that enough for you.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Lousy management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K