Cargill
Coronavirus update
Information from Cargill:

Cargill Employee Reviews

Canada280 reviews
Good place to work. Co workers were great, higher management tended to overlook our location. Not much chance at job advancement. Pay level.is great, good benefits.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Repetitive
when i was there they were nice until we had to start work then they were sticking fat between the belt of rotating around to you to put the meat on the trays they meat was left out while we went for break which is not good meat starts to go bad while it is sitting out on the conveyor when you just start there they should give you a chance to adjust to the meat section to be put onto trays instead they jump to another kind of sliced meat which can get someone confused when they are not used to it. They need to slow down do one kind of meat for at least 1 hr. to get people used to motivation of the meat on the trays I rated the company this they need to understand that it is not fun watching meat sitting out , I am a cook seeing meat left out for a while makes me rethink on buying meat from this company I am sorry but the truth is the truth
Pros
breaks were fine
Cons
meat left out not good
Very good job, high salary, work life balance, very considerate managing, enlightened team. Filled with challenges and possibility to advance. 10/10 recommend
Cons
For being such a large company the management they have obtained is horrible in their plea to be diverse they have people in over their heads. Supervisors are absolute garbage suckers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Terrible management
If you are willing to put in the effort to make a difference you will succeed.
Be able to work at a high pace and friendly and you could get into management quickly.

Learn new skills on day to day basis, good employee morale,Constant moving around doing various tasks, I believe management fair and hours are flexible.
It´s a big Company they don´t care about you but the payments is good comparing with others companies. The job is hard and it is not to everyone. Still it´s a reasonable place to work.
Pros
Salaries and Benefices
Cons
Slavery don't care about the people self respect of the people push push push never get anything back in return put in 17 years of my life the worst decision I ever made
Pros
Don't waste your time
Cons
Don't waste your time
Descent place to work but probably the worst place to deal with benefits, HR, getting anything done for health and safety. They have the worst processes for everything for example a simple prescription safety glasses request. I was given the run-around for a month and it eventually lead to me giving up because of so many inconvenient BS they want you to do. They have nobody to take control of the situation and just deal with it they require you to everything yourself they have 3rd party channels you have to get a hold of that nobody knows what to do you have to wait a week for a call back to tell you to call other people. Descent place to work if your okay with blood but if you're expecting any good brains up there sitting in the offices lower your expectations because they have the worst people and processes in place that I've ever experienced in a big company.
I was dedicated, first one there in the morning, worked 70 hours a week,dedicated staff supporting change, clean environment, Regional management covered up a serious incident incidentwherCargilwas facing charges
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Senior management was incompetent, it was there own cult, had no concept of who their customers were
I worked in the animal nutrition business for Purina/Cargill in Woodstock Ont. I was a very challenging business but I was promoted up the ladder dealing with more people and larger responsibilities. I retired at 61 and am looking for part-time work to keep active & busy
Unrealistic expectations for all employees. Line moves at over 330 heads an hour. Get trouble for falling behind and pile ups. Once you become a target they use any means available to terminate your employment. Not a good place to work.
je redige des rapports journaliers, je collabore avec mes supérieurs, je dirrige les employés, je vérifie que la ligne de production soit efficace
underpaid for too much work and responsibility. canèt make plans because of work on weekends, lots of OT, on-call schedules, but great benefits though.
Travail sur chaînes de production, équipes d'employé agréables, doit être capable de travailler debout et sur place pendant de longues périodes. Environnement de travail 👍👍👍👍
One of if not the best employment I've ever had. Friendly people, great benefits, retirement plan and 4 day work week that isnt rotating.

Always trying to improve animal welfare
Location team was engaged and a pleasure to work with. Managment can be at times diffucult. Policies are in place to address bullying and harrassing behavior in the workplace, however very ironic that this behavior comes from managment itself. Employees that move on or quit don't quit the job role, they quit there managers.
Cargill have the most competitive company that I ever worked for. Their equipment gear is a must and safety is number 1 to them and to the workers. They managed their people properly and they provide a good insurance for each and everyone.
,,worse job I ever had.. poor management..... supervisors lazy and very rude ... especially other cultures besides Caucasians uion doesn't work with employee s ...they stick by the management...
A lot to Learn in Cargill, Its a very big company and they are very care about Food safety and Personal safety. Never comprised any where in the Processing of food. Very Good work environment, decent pay, good benefits. Overall good at Cargill
Had a scary and stressful incident at no fault of the company. They handled everything they could, the best they could. Didnt mind my job but I just couldnt get past my scare!
Work isnt hard, management micro manage you and dont want to work with you so there out to get you. People there act like your friend but they aren't they back stab you, very dirty environment there especially with the woman there. Union wont fight your battles they will sweep it under the rug and let you get fired.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits, and okay schedule
Cons
Horrible managment, bullying, toxic environment, woman are the worst there with dirty talk and bullying.