Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 306 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,938 reviews

Not a bad place to work

They are working through some staffing changes from an extremely old and set in there ways crew, too a more modern group with younger staff and management. I’d that is the worst part about the place. The older techs have all but given up. Otherwise, if you’re ok with the product, it was decent place to be a millwright. Your years of service are rewarded with good working hours.

Pros

Good people, young management, adaptive

Cons

A poorly structured and borderline corrupt union, very much protecting bad staff.

Environnement de travail dangereux

-Climat trop froid (l’année passer COVID-19 a battu des records 60personnes étaient attend en une semaine-Ça pousse trop dans la production -Climat entre les employées très négatif à cause des boss c est une politique .-remuneration insuffisante par rapport à l effort qu on fourni et le secteur de production (la viand)-

Lots of responsibility and experience, not much pay

You will be expected to work a LOT of uncompensated OT as a supervisor. On call weekend / stats (unpaid). 400-800+ hours OT each year is normal which they don't pay you for or give days off in exchange or anything. Many of the operators will make more in a year than you do as they are paid for OT. A crush plant is a fast paced environment with a small staff so you will have to fill roles you wouldn't have to in a big plant. You get to play operator/pipefitter/labourer depending on what is going on in shutdown/startup periods. It is a good first job to get your feet wet and gain some skills to leverage for your next job. This is the kind of place you want to work a few years to get experience then leave. Any more than that and it will burn you out. Cargill management likes people that put the hours in and stay late, whether they are actually doing anything or not.

Pros

Lots of experience, learned a lot

Cons

Non existent work/life balance, pay was 70% of what it should have been

once in a while free lunch

typical 40hrs a week learned to master your skills safety is number one no discrimination too hot in production floor/ too cold good benefits fast conveyor lines

Pros

good benefits no lay off

Cons

fast conveyor lanes/ too much politics

Stressant et raciste

Aucun équilibre salaire vie professionnelle et personnelle. Je ne recommande pas de travailler

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Tout de lemploi

Focused Employer

I believe Cargill is a focused employer. They do well to take care of all their employees' needs. They are respectful and accommodative. The wages and benefits are also typically above average. I would highly recommend this role for a life starter.

Pros

Respectful People, Great wages and Benefits, Taxi rides for employees who have difficulty getting home

Cons

cold environment

You will not grow in the company..

We work Full 8 hours a day sometimes they cheated. Excess of 5 to 10 mins. Every seconds count.. very stressful and hard to get a washroom break when needed

Cons

Long hours. Sometimes we work even saturday and sunday

stressant et racisme

mauvais environnement racismefavoritismestress

Pros

aucun

Cons

courte pauses

Normal

Maintenance get good pay but on the floor not. Cheap company on benefit, no sick dayManagement keep changing their mind, no promotion base on your efforts

Fast pace and rewarding

Great place to work. A lot of opportunities to advance. There is lots of overtime but its based on seniority since its unionized. Love the color coded hats for employees.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Can get cold

Jobs at Cargill

See more jobs

it is a good place to work, but not the best

It is a company dedicated to kill cattle and proccesing. usually the work environment es very hoy, loudly, noysi and very wet due to hot water that it is present everywhere.

Pros

full time hours

Cons

so bossy some managers

Excellent place to work

12 hr Rotation shift Monday to Friday. 5-days , 3-Nights and 2-Nights followed by 3-weeks rotation . Almost 14 days off in a month. Occasionally weekend overtime available. Friendly environment and good pay and excellent benefits.

Cons

12 hrs shift

Every one helping the job

I enjoy working in cargill with my co-workers on the line even though our work is hard. we are safe in our work because of our protection and company policy, I am grateful I was a former part of the cargill company.

Pros

Free foods

will not apply

I supported this company. Worked as a superintendent. I was used to bring an oversize inventory in. When completed I was dismissed. Poor leadership. I feel that I worked hard and complied with all requests in a timely manner. But when I was road to get a 20,000 square foot inventory into a 10,000 sq. ft. space. and manage this doing a decon 7. when completed I was let go. All about profit not people. Is that enough for you.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Lousy management

Constenlly active good pay and very accessible for my convenience

Cargill foods is a company to work specially if you are a first coming in Canada .they pay good and you lol have 2 shift morning and afternoon wish give you access to pick for your convince .excellent benefits package and medical facilities in the plant .they have different departments and you can sing for differents jobs if you are not happy with the one you have ,it is a union work inveroment though it is a seniority wait period. each job have a different rate .more difficult the job better the pay because is a different levels per job . Cargill take safety very seriously and you learn to do it as well . you'll be working with knife and they want you to go home safe and sound. Cargill is a big plant and very busy ,hard work but I got my family everything we deserve in life.

Pros

Recognition for hard working, safety, and atendance

Cons

45 minutes from Calgary and problem with hand if don't learn to sharp knifes

Worst Company to work for

Worst company to work for. Production workers are always looked down. They are treated very bad. The management system sucks. Mostly talk in their language and you are forced to call one of the managers "maam". Human resources sucks since they are all friends and nothing ever gets done. Culture is very bad. Hope there's an official complaint and things get looked at in a professional manner.

Horrible place to work at

The people there are backstabbers,who feel there entitled and management doesn’t care about anything but their own jobs... no help worse training. Would rather shoot myself then work there again.

Pros

My cheque didn’t bounce

Cons

People you work with are horrible just like management

A worthwhile job for students

Very accommodating and flexible work schedule. It is very inclusive for immigrants of different backgrounds. Overtime are often and there are some mandated work schedules.

Pros

Free stuffs

Cons

Difficult bus routes especially during night shifts

Work here if you're desperate for cash and don't mind being treated like dirt.

Work speed is at 300+ heads per hour. Injuries due to repetitive work is very common, but management has a great way of circumventing WCB claims. Health Services will downplay your injuries, claim that all you need is just some exercise and pain relievers, and recommend an inhouse doctor who favors the company spiel. They will actively discourage you from seeking outside help. For management, the work is all, and your life outside does not matter. They treat you like cattle, knowing full well that they can replace you with easily-gullible TFWs. Management loves to bad-mouth and abuse you, and will try their best to overexert you without getting caught. Politics is rampant and the only way to advance is if you know someone higher and if you are really good at sucking up. A lot of middle management are incompetent at their jobs, but they get those jobs because of nepotism or they're best buds with the boss. Safety is mostly lip service, just a way to comply with laws and to reduce costs. The pay is above minimum, but it is still low compared to the amount of stress on the job. The benefits are okay though, and all of those perks come at the cost of work-life balance.

Pros

good benefits, pay is above minimum

Cons

say goodbye to your life. bad management, prone to lifelong injuries.

Not the best

When i worked there I was 18 so I didnt fully realise what i had gotten myself into. The work there is agressive and fast paced. They processed a large amount of cows a day and it really was something else. The management on the line i was on wasnt the best and they were pretty rude. When i gave them my 2 weeks notice they just came to me and told me i had no shifts next week so basically i got fired.

Pros

Discount on meat, at least when i worked there

Cons

Fast pased, rude management, barely any break time

reqiured full body strength

cargill requires full body strength and able to work in hot and cold enviroment and need a high skill of group performance and being hamble with oll the people around in work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K