Cargill

Working at Cargill: Latest Cargill Reviews

Canada341 reviews

Found 341 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,289 reviews
safetycoldmeatsalaryplantproductionunionrecognition

poor management and nothing done to correct it

worked to complete mental exhaustion every day. Zero recognition or compensation for doing the extra. I loved my job but felt like I wasn't part of the team.

Great employees work very hard

Management is not good disrespectful to employees Don’t care if your hurt or not just keep going. Discipline for everything none stop. Most employees end up with either shoulder problems where surgery is needed or carpel tunnel surgery Overtime for the past 4 yrs lots of money to be made if that’s what your looking for

Insights into Cargill

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

don't come here, you'll get a lot of physical injuries

the company benefits is really good but when it comes to work, you'll never know what time you'll be going home everyday, 10 hrs shift plus mandatory overtime will just kill your body.team leaders have their favourites, and if you're not one of them, be ready to be thrown to the lines where the job is heavier, they will make you feel unappreciated every single day of your life here.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

everything else

Stay away

One of the worst places I've ever worked after removing the person who hired me, the manager that replaced him was unqualified in the maintenance department,

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Idiot top management

Fast paced

Cargill is a very fast paced environment, very cold too so make sure to dress properly for the cold. But overall I had a good experience working here.Supportive management team

Pros

Overtime

Cons

the cold

Stay away!!!

Extremely toxic work environment. Management consistently abuses power. Definitely favoritism. Overworked with no personal time. Just completely terrible and would only suggest if desperate for work.

No work life balance. Blame the workforce for mistakes made by leadership

This company will act like they own you. Give you absolutely no work life balance and has a severe aversion to communication with regards to the day to day operations

Pros

I'm no longer working there

Cons

It would be easier to find Bigfoot than a good work life balance working for cargill

poor management and training

Both training and management were horrendous. The management treats you like disposable labor and makes sure that you don't succeed if one person doesn't like you. Training was awful because the few trainers were spread too thin and made to work on the processing line, I was lucky too see my trainer more than once a week if I was even on the line like I was supposed to be

Pros

discount on box meat

Cons

odd hours, poor management, training was a joke

Good place for a long career

Multinational private company, treats everyone as family. Good safety programs, good coworkers. Globalization takes its toll on IT services. Life work balance good. Cooperation between departments is improving. Plant manager is very knowledgeable

not a good place to work

management system is terrible. Managers select their backups or promotions based on relationship not the performance. Environment is unhealthy. Relationship between management and employees is toxic. have seen union rep goes to HR every day.

Pros

opportunity to learn and grow in the industry

Cons

no respect, stressful and favouritism

Bon environnement de travail

Milieu motivant.Environnement de travail bien.Promotion selon rendement.

High turnover company

As an employee of cargill for 10 years I have seen many things and changes at the facility. When I first started there as a summer student and then became a full time employee I was happy and excited at the opportunity, but as the years passed things went in a less then desirable direction with much disappointment. Many good hard working individuals left, many for less pay then what they were making at Cargill. As well as favoritism with certain employees. Management could learn a thing about how to listen/communicate and work with operators on the floor.

Benefits

Avis

Tres bon endroit Le seul problème c’était le froid

Great place to work, advance your career, and build relationships

Started out of uni in their associate program. This is a great place to start and learn. Then you can apply for what you are drawn too or what they advise based on your success. They give you the tools and it’s your responsibility how you get to your job goals within a safe, respectful manner. If you set career goals they will work with you to grow and develop into them. There key principles are put people first, reaching higher and doing the right thing. This is a company to work for a lifetime.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Driving (depends on role)

Productive, Team Work, Good Benefits, Good Pay, Flexible

I had worked in both Cargill-Dunlop and Cargill- Watson in Guelph for a total of 6 years. It’s a fast-paced work environment. I was happy with my work, and I felt appreciated. The management, supervisors and co-workers are friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to meet most of my co-workers at work every day. Cargill helped me put a roof on my head, provide for my family here and overseas. I availed most of my health benefits. They were flexible with my schedule that I was able to practice nursing and to graduate in another program. I resigned because I could now pursue careers that I am more passionate about. I could never thank Cargill enough for making this possible. I miss my friends in Cargill and the energy of the people at work. The best part of being at Cargill is when I met my husband there.

Fast paced and physically demand

Very fast paced and physically demanding. A typical day at work you know what time do you start but never know what time you will finish. A lot of breakdown and mandate overtime. Coworkers are great, they are always trying to help you.I would recommend to work there to get some experience and then try to move to a better place. If you work at Cargill London, you can work at any place. At least the pay is good.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, breakdowns every day, mandate overtime

Overworked and no life outside of Cargill.

Worst place I could've possibly worked at. No life outside of work and constantly was stressed about everything and having panic attacks on the line form being over worked. Don't work here.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No life

Very poor management, few to non existent growth opportunities, horrible work culture

This was a very poor career move. Management never comes to the production floor but are the first to make changes that affect floor supervisors and employees. They also do not have a grip on decision making which leads to constant issues with the regulatory bodies. There is a lot of nepotism when it comes to promotions. People with less qualifications are handed out jobs that they are incapable to handle. Hourly employees are very rude and makes the whole job very stressful and mentally draining. People are mandated to work every weekend. Work life balance does not exist. Overall environment can be described as toxic which is evident from the huge turnover rate of supervisors in all departments. Work here only if you have no prior experience in the industry and need a foot in the door and you have no other options!Pros: Good experience with high stress work environment if you’re a beginner in the industry. Cons: Poor management, lack of growth opportunities, overall very toxic and emotionally draining.

Overall a decent place to work.

Worked as a seasonal labourer and would recommend it others. Doesn't pay as well as labourer positions in other industries but is still pretty good. Management was good as they mostly left you to do your own thing as long as the job got done. I was pleased to see there is mandatory safety training. Dealing with the head office though can be a pain. Took a long time to resolve a pay dispute despite the fact they acknowledged that I was missing a paycheque. It was still resolved but took longer than it should have because my request was stuck for a couple months and it took a couple phone calls and a very nice HR rep to push it ahead. Despite that I would still work for Cargill again.

Large corporation paralyzed with COVID-19 practices

Managers are ok, they are yes people. Higher level Cargill gets even more corporate/greed like. Good place to learn, but lots leave once trained because pay/work environment/budget expectations when constantly trying to work against the grain (old falling apart infrastructure).

Pros

training

Cons

poor compensation, culture with budgets and work-life balance, lack of investment in new infrastructure

Lousy pay and zero work - life balance

They don’t pay a living wage, and I was on-call 24-7. I had to call a supplier and a transport company at 6 am Christmas morning one year to arrange an urgent shipment. I had a second job that I enjoyed and they knew about it when I was offered the job. The pressure to quit my other job started less than a month after I was hired and I was accused of faking illness one day to be able to work for the other guys. I was also accused of having an inappropriate relationship with another supplier after we became friends and started socializing outside of work. Super-toxic culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement