Cargill Employee Reviews

Cargill Animal Nutrition's commitment to safety and guiding principles created a culture that I was very proud to be a part of.
Retail Sales Consultant/ Animal Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 May 2018
As a retail sales representative, my territory encapsulated Alberta and Northern Saskatchewan. Developing strong relationships backed by products that performed forged trust. Listening, aligning, and being agile not only created success among client but teammates as well.
Pros
Company vehicle, expense account, base salary with additional commissions
Cons
Corporate goals didn't align with end customers, company elected to dissolve the retail segment and jobs were lost
Terrible, don't ever work here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High River, AB3 May 2018
This place will make your life miserable. Only if you think there is nothing else you can do with your life then come here, otherwise believe me, you can do better!
Cons
Unorganized and un motivating.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
Management changing very often.
Lack of guidance.
Good benefits and flexible work arrangements.
Lack in decision making at management level.
Re-inventing the wheel.
productive and challenging job
Waste water operator (Current Employee) –  High River, AB26 April 2018
I'm working night shift as operator,from thursday to saturday..i've learned a lot of maintenance job,and people in the surroundings thought me everything about the workplace system and trained me properly.. management are supportive and nice,and the workplace culture is good even you're different races working in the company.
Great place to work!
UNKNOWN (Current Employee) –  UNKOWN19 April 2018
Great place to work! Everyone has the same mindset to help the company and customers succeed. Lots of career options available and the ability to advance within the company.
Productive and Fast Pace Environment
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 April 2018
A typical day is fast pace environment, organizing and establishing triage for the incoming clients. Assessing and treating clients reporting a work injury. The hardest part of job was being short nurses, working alone and trying to accomplish multi-functional jobs and deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting those homemade food snacks from workers and sharing with the team.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Working with chickens
Great people, not so great management.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  High River, AB6 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at cargill. Loved my co workers. They were the reason I came to work. Some of the management styles aren’t the greatest and leave people feeling unheard and ignored, but the work was good, the pay was good, and there were definitely some perks.
Pros
Fun activities, flexible hours, on site gym.
90 day special
Harvest floor special meats (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 March 2018
Was the most unorganized place I ever worked plus they say safety is a number one priority and when u confront them on safety issues the blow it off and let you go they say they over hired when they just brought in a new crew of people and keep them on really for what u are doing the wage is not enough for the work you do I would not recommend this place to anyone it’s a waste of time nothing from the cow gose to waste there it gose to dog food or so on the brains of the cow is your McDonald’s hamburgers
Cons
Poor safety 90 day special low wages
hot
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 March 2018
hot
not for weak stomached
repetitive work
long nights
they do have on site nurse which is nice
far walk from transit stop
nothing aroud for lunched ect
Very face paced trading floor. Small office, close knit group.
Confirmation/Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta6 March 2018
At Cargill Power and Gas Markets, our group was made up of 25 employees. We all became extremely close and turn over was very few and far between. We excelled in sales, and set the bar for other Cargill offices.
Challenging workplace
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB8 February 2018
Working in a production plant focusing on quality and quantity with many other skilled workers. Many types of work to apply for with a pretty good wage. Very fast paced environment
Not a bad workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 February 2018
The people I worked with were friendly. The work is in a cooler (4oC for 8 hrs), so getting a freezer jacket is a good decision for working there and the job is standing the whole time so good work boots help.
a great company to work for.
Office Administrator / Human Resources Proxy (Current Employee) –  High River, AB2 February 2018
Cargill has given me many opportunities to grow over the 20 years I have worked here. Thanks to their commitment to their employees, I have been able to expand my knowledge, provide essential support and be the best example of myself that I can be. They truly are a caring and supportive company and I appreciate all they have done for me.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities, good salary and benefits
Cons
hard to leave work at work!
very nice working atmosphere, nice peoples
Sanitary Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
very nice working atmosphere, nice peoples
they give importance to every employees
respecting each other
and prioritisation of safetiness and sanitation.
productive, diversed with good workplace culture
Purchasing administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2018
a company with an open door policy and has a 360 feedbacks culture .
friendly employees , from the top hierarchy to the lowest .
good incentives ,
attractive salary base system
pensions and benefits
Pros
diveresed
Cons
growth
steady work
Lead Hand, Box Loadout (Former Employee) –  High River, AB14 January 2018
okay position but a very out of the way plant. You must have a car to get to this job. The amount of injuries on the job are unbelivable, due care must be taken when working this jom
hard job.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 January 2018
This job is a very hard job. Fast paced and tkes a toll on your body. However it was worth it. days g by quick and most of the people are friendly. Management is great.
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  High River, AB5 January 2018
Productive,hardworking,honest,willing to be train,no absent,no late,treat like a family the company i’m Working,no written warning,willing to listen to my co-worker
Pros
Free lunches
Large meaty warehouses
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC15 December 2017
Mostly physical labour, under heavy cold (6C) and a very slim salary/hours ratio.
Had to meet with my vessel at 5:30 sharp for an hour long ride to southshore Montreal, with no possibility of breakfast at work.
Pros
No apparent pros.
Cons
Physically demanding, very boring.
Automated systems Technologist (Former Employee) –  High River, AB2 December 2017
Cargill Meat solution located in High River AB, and have more than 1000 staffs, all of them work together as a friend and me proud to work with them as a team member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.