Cargill Ag Horizons Employee Reviews

Political and gossipy workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB31 March 2017
When I first started with Cargill it was a mismanaged but decent place to work. Over time as a new managr was brought in, it became a quagmire or gossip, teenage drama and no communication. The staff at the time were unprofessional, the management was lazy and poorly trained and the overall culture was very safety concious, yet did nothing to regard mental health. Overall, I would not recommend working for Cargill unless using it as a stepping stone to a better career.
Pros
Good customers, relaxed setting
Cons
No communication, poorly conceived ideas, time wasting
overall ok
Production Supervisor of Crop Inputs (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
The company worked very hard to develop employees from within. Lacking in safety standards but that was to be expected in the rural community and type of people they hire.
Great people to work with, micro-managed daily
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2015
Great team to work with, fellow peers were always helpful and willing to help whenever you had trouble.

Upper management was always looking for things to do, which led to everyone being micro managed.

Days were meant to be spent on the road helping customers, yet management would constantly hold meetings when they didn't need to take place.

Safety was the number one issue, and always stressed. It got overwhelming at times and made you scared to make a mistake.

We had very unreasonable targets to hit and budgets to make. If we were not near our target or budget, we would have to have a meeting about it.

The manager will constantly call you, asking where you are at and what your daily plan was, even though we had given our managers our weekly plans the week previous - again, micro management.

I was told to be more aggressive and tell "white lies" to customers in order to get a sale done, even if the customer didn't need the product.

Lots of long, daily meetings made it hard to do my actual job.
Pros
Lost of freedom, work on the road, friendly peers
Cons
Lots of long meetings, too much micro management