Carey Industrial Services
Happiness score is 76 out of 100

Carey Industrial Services Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Really bad team leads and supervisors No room for advancement unless family, toxic management system

Shut downs are alright just for grinding thru it and if you can put up with rampant unprofessionalism, then it's not bad, but full time work has no security.

Got laid off, but it’s fair pay and good hours and good people to work with!! Love this job I was a cleaner. Would love to work here again because of the pay!

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Gets cold walking between buildings in the winter

Insights into Carey Industrial Services

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Very stressful and un-organized

Carey is a job with alright benefits. The super visors are not professional and should have better training. It is a very unorganized company and the atmosphere is not very welcoming.

Are you serious?

Worked there for numerous years and was a great pla ce until business passed on to the new owner. Hasn't the experience and patience to do the job. Many occasions I heard her yelling at employed using foul language and favors a certain group of people over others

Pros

God opportunities

Cons

If your not family or related no chance on advancement

Worked there at many different jobs

Great place to get some industrial experience. Willing to train when positions become available. Great chance to work as a team member and get a chance to meet a lot of new people

Poor workplace

Treated the staff very poorly, expected to much from the cleaners even though they were not willing to pay anything.. Family run business so they always favored their own people and anyone who was not family was treated awful.

Nutrien good place

CIS is a good company to work for if you like lots of hours. They are hard to advance in as only a select few in upper management. Take safety seriously. I enjoy working as a safety for them during shutdowns.

fast pass, never no work and who ever you work with will make the job enjoyable or miserable but the pay is grate

the only reason i worked there as a cleaner was the pay but i don't think i would do cleaning again mostly because last time i did it was always a mess and sometimes it felt like the workers where making more of a mess on purpose but there is good people there just not my cup of tea. if you want a good paying job that dos not require much, then fire watch is there for you. laboring is for the active group that loves to move and work while getting a good exercise.

A typical day at work

You could be called told the day before that you didn’t have work and to come in Monday or longer. There are way too many uncertainties with the company the people are great just trying to find work for the Employees was unknown

Working for Carey Industrial Services

I recently did a plant shut down with them and I had a good time working for them. During the turnaround there was always lots of chances for hours. I also did many different jobs while I was there and was able to learn many new skills that I can carry forward.

the job I had was interesting and good people to work with

was an ok job for the summer. 12 hour shifts sometimes, was not constant. the culture was good and the people I worked with were helpful. I learned all about decontamination procedures

Pros

close to home

Cons

sometimes boring

Productive and fun

Carey is a good company to work with with lead hand is quite pushy at times but when he knows how good employee you are hes considerate and listens to you. All things you need to do the job is provided for and working there is fun because my coworkers are nice too

Bad Upper Management

The people you work with are fantastic !!! Management and Safety watch are Extremely petty and Do Not Listen !!! This company has the worst Nepotism I’ve ever seen !!!

Great people to work with and treated fairly .

Honest company to make a dollar with , and has some of the nicest people working for them I've met in a refinery setting ever . Very family oriented but disorganized though unfortunately .

Pros

Nice people and environment

Cons

Disorganized day to day and minuscule safety presence

Great Company

Great Company to work for Typical day at work is good I learned different skills in maintenance work Open friendly and welcoming Nothing is hard Working along side others

good management

They pay all the Holidays and overtime. They pay on time. No pressure. Good supervisor they are easy going. No Racist. They Give a chance to people to work random jobs like removing snow,

Pros

free transport

Cons

they pay all the Holidays and weekand

Worked for this company for over 10 years. they are very willing to train you in the equipment needed for the job. and all the safety training that is required.

Fast paced, productive place to work with great people and gain great experience.

I learned how to multi task better while working at this job and how to balance my personal life with work. My co-workers were amazing people to work with and this had to be one of the best jobs i've had yet. The hardest part of the job was sitting waiting for a job to begin because i enjoy being constantly busy rather than sitting around waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect. Being able to communicate with people in other fields of the job gave me lots of knowledge on things that i could potentially see my self doing in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carey Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement