Carewest - Innovative Health Care

Carewest - Innovative Health Care Employee Reviews

Minimal interventions on the issue of racism. Never apply for Casual you may never be called for work..............................................................
Pros
Training classes are greater !
Cons
No long hrs for casual, wastage of time to apply
Been with Carewest for 12 years, fair enough it's up to an individual how to approach your work if you approach situation negatively nothing works, we have to be optimistic, there always solution for every situation.
The job is very fast paced & is a lot of work so don't expect to have a steady paced job here. Poor management who makes you deal with the conflicts with other coworkers. Huge Philippines community in these facilities no matter where you go & they are back stabbers & report you each chance they get. The pay is good so if it's worth dealing with drama on a daily with no back up, then by all means, apply
Pros
There's usually extra shifts to pick up
Cons
You work with a huge back stabbing philippines community, mean nurses that report you for very small things
the job was somewhat stressful the management was not friendly....and not much help from other staff, no collaboration. Down times were very boring yet highly stressful because staff looked at you like you needed to be busy.
I will glad to work with the organization again. Good work culture. You have to be passionate about working with the geriatric population. Good work culture and collaborative team
I work in a sub-acute area where patients transition from being in the hospital towards going back into the community/home. As per career advancement, I would say that it is challenging for casual employees like me who are only offered a shift at a time at work when some other staff are not available. It is hard to showcase your overall competence when you are only given one or two shifts every orher period.
A collaborative and motivating team,great learning environment, great benefits and opportunities. A well organised place of work I would love to work there again
i was part of 2 leadership training courses provided at Carewest for management. This was a rewarding experience for me as I learned about my skills as a manager and learned new ans innovative new techniques.
Working at carewest is typically like working in any other healthcare company. Because its affiliated to government the pay is considerably better than working with private healthcare, the only problem is that its wuite difficult to get job stability when you are employed as a casual or part time worker.
Working with Colonel Belcher was an incredible experience. Managers do the best they can but often times employees are treated unfairly. I would certainly work their again and I had no real negative experience.
Excellent working place and good benefits, Very good management education is continous, equipments, stauffs you need to meet the cleanliness is complete.
will learn profesional growth and development. Initiative on the workers Supprt fromt he Management Quality care from the team Respectful environment Smoke free area
Pros
free trainings
Cons
short hours
Ongoing complex long term care unit. Heavy ADLs and medications, but staffed like acute care! Wonderful! The residents are complex enough to keep the acuity high enough for constant learning
Cons
new mangement and changes upcoming
I do recommend carewest. Competitive pay, great workers who are also supportive, and a manager you can easily approach with questions and concerns. Working here is quite fun and enjoyable.
I enjoyed the diversity of work I was exposed to within Carewest. There is little advancement within the positions themselves, but the opportunity to move to different sites and learn new things is available. Wage was less than comparable jobs, but the work was satisfying.
I recommend any one interested to work care west it is excellent place to work. well organized organization and they invest well to orientate the new staff.
Overall great place to work, all the staff are amazing and passionate towards their work. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery overlooking the Glenmore Reservoir.
Working in this type of Facility can be difficult both physical and emotional, It is a form of to know the residents and family member.The intimate nature of long term care means you'll likely build strong relationships with the residents and family members.
Working with residents younger than yourself is somewhat heartbreaking. Staff are wonderful to be around and work with. Management seemed constant but not over reaching
Staff are good and they help you a lot. Great team work, good management, clean surroundings, helpful staff and great location. Dining room is very wide and clean.
nice staff, good communication with other staff, very helpful staff, management is giving us a education about client care, emergency code, and different kind of lift we need to use to our client