Carewest - Innovative Health Care
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Carewest - Innovative Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews

Easy going and supportive

Supportive working environment....and work flow is ongoing and flexible. The staff is extremely nice and willing to help you whenever you need. Daily tasks are not difficult to manage.

Can be rewarding but the work environment at times can be stressful

Management can be supportive or not depending on who you report to. I recognize that burnout is happening at all levels. Recognizing the signs of burnout in coworkers and management helped me to not let toxic interactions affect my commitment to doing my job well.

Pros

Feeling connected to the residents/clients and their families.

Cons

Working in health care is stressful but the pandemic has made it even more so, burnout is common and work conditions are less than ideal for mental health support.

Insights into Carewest - Innovative Health Care

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Collaboration, teamwork, productivity, career-advancement, client-centered

A good and fun place to work. There's always something to learn. The staff are given education, in-services to keep the competency. We are valued and appreciated for hardwork. We build a good working relationship with our coworkers and clients.

Pros

In my unit, we don't have to do split shifts. It works very well with family schedules

Cons

Short staff to avoid overtime.

Perfect resident care depends on health care team workers.

-I like to work with healthcare workers. The health care team is perfect. Everybody is helping you when you struggle with your job.-When the site shortage of staff, it is a big issue to start and finish the job on time. Workers do not have time to have a break time. Also, some residents do not care when the site does not have enough workers on the shift, and they want us to complete their requests as per the care plan. After the shift, you feel exhausted.

Excellent place to work with competitive salaries.

LTC, Sub Acute, EQual (LTC under 65) and many more different units. So glad to be part of this amazing organization. As a young parent being able to work M-F in a medical profession was wonderful. Truly felt supported by management and team for a home and workplace balance.

Wonderful company

Wonderful company to work for as they have great pay, benefits, and are continuously providing education to staff. Good teamwork and organization. Definitely one of the best companies in Calgary.

Pros

Pay, benefits, education.

Cons

Working too many days in a row, shift work.

I liked working there

Though, I did not spend a long working at that facility, I liked working there. The staff and the residents were all warm and welcoming. Making even the most exhausting days tolerable.

Pros

Close knit communituy

Cons

The work is a little tiring

Racism and presence of some mean trainers

Minimal interventions on the issue of racism. Never apply for Casual you may never be called for work..............................................................

Pros

Training classes are greater !

Cons

No long hrs for casual, wastage of time to apply

For me I'm happy and thankful to be part of the team.

Been with Carewest for 12 years, fair enough it's up to an individual how to approach your work if you approach situation negatively nothing works, we have to be optimistic, there always solution for every situation.

Drama on a daily, back stabbing staff, fast paced environment

The job is very fast paced & is a lot of work so don't expect to have a steady paced job here. Poor management who makes you deal with the conflicts with other coworkers. Huge Philippines community in these facilities no matter where you go & they are back stabbers & report you each chance they get. The pay is good so if it's worth dealing with drama on a daily with no back up, then by all means, apply

Pros

There's usually extra shifts to pick up

Cons

You work with a huge back stabbing philippines community, mean nurses that report you for very small things

stressful and unfriendly

the job was somewhat stressful the management was not friendly....and not much help from other staff, no collaboration. Down times were very boring yet highly stressful because staff looked at you like you needed to be busy.

Productive and respectful place to work

I will glad to work with the organization again. Good work culture. You have to be passionate about working with the geriatric population. Good work culture and collaborative team

Advancement Opportunity

I work in a sub-acute area where patients transition from being in the hospital towards going back into the community/home. As per career advancement, I would say that it is challenging for casual employees like me who are only offered a shift at a time at work when some other staff are not available. It is hard to showcase your overall competence when you are only given one or two shifts every orher period.

productive and fun learning and working place

A collaborative and motivating team,great learning environment, great benefits and opportunities. A well organised place of work I would love to work there again

Leadership

i was part of 2 leadership training courses provided at Carewest for management. This was a rewarding experience for me as I learned about my skills as a manager and learned new ans innovative new techniques.

Carewest is good

Working at carewest is typically like working in any other healthcare company. Because its affiliated to government the pay is considerably better than working with private healthcare, the only problem is that its wuite difficult to get job stability when you are employed as a casual or part time worker.

Fun Workplace, Great Experience

Working with Colonel Belcher was an incredible experience. Managers do the best they can but often times employees are treated unfairly. I would certainly work their again and I had no real negative experience.

Excellent working place and good benefits, Very good management education is continous, equipments, stauffs you need to meet the cleanliness is complete.

fun

will learn profesional growth and development. Initiative on the workers Supprt fromt he Management Quality care from the team Respectful environment Smoke free area

Pros

free trainings

Cons

short hours

Ongoing complex long term care unit. Heavy ADLs and medications, but staffed like acute care! Wonderful! The residents are complex enough to keep the acuity high enough for constant learning

Cons

new mangement and changes upcoming

Productive place to work

I do recommend carewest. Competitive pay, great workers who are also supportive, and a manager you can easily approach with questions and concerns. Working here is quite fun and enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewest - Innovative Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement