Caressant Care

Caressant Care Employee Reviews

Canada110 reviews
Working in healthcare was an amazing experience for a highschool student as I aspire to work in it when I’m older , Everyone was very welcoming and working with the residents was the best part
Pros
Met a lot of sweet residents and it’s hands on
Cons
Worked very early and only worked an hour and a half
I could never recommend to anyone to work here. The Home Manager is a complete bully. I always felt terrible there. I saw her fire at least 10 people the 1 year i was there. I am so relieved to have quit and moved on. Don't waste your time here.
Always short staffed. People call in last minute/call in sick all the time but never get reprimanded because the union protects them. Not fair to hard working employees. Management bullies you into staying for extra time/double shifts.Management says they are there for you but when it comes down to it, they are only there to benefit themselves.
The residents are amazing and the sole reason why I do what I do.

This place has had an over haul in management but definitely needs another one.
Pros
Residents, great support staff (those who actually show up to work)
Cons
expected to stay all the time as call ins happen constantly, short staffed and over worked, needs updating badly
This location is very toxic and is managed very poorly.The staff are very rude to new people coming in to work.Nurses are very lazy but are good at being bullies.Just a nasty place to work.They need competent managers who know how to give direction They don’t appreciate hard workers with pleasant personalities.After many years in the workforce I have never seen such a poorly run facility
The stress, back breaking work and rude co workers not worth it. Horrible pay. So what’s the point. I quit a year in and make way more money at a fast food restaurant. Yes. You read that right.
Most staff are very hard to work with. Some are rude and just don’t care about residents. Very intimidating environment. There is no such thing as Team work. This is a place where respect is not recognize.
The people are hard to work with. Psw wants to always take over the nurses job as if they are nurses. Nurses are intimidated by the psw. Management dont intervane
Pros: Some of the PSWs and Registered Staff were good at providing quality patient care. The rate per hour was reasonable. Working with the residents was a rewarding experience.

Cons: Management was incompetent, unsupportive, discriminatory, and authoritative. It was also chaotic as there was no clear goals or directions. Always short-staffed; they hired RNs and PSWs from the agency who do not know the residents.

For the applicants: Find employment somewhere. Work in a well-organized, with good company culture and a healthy work environment workplace. Seek an employer who will value your hard work and loyalty, and will take care of your well-being.
I have experienced good environment to work with this company,,,co- workers were so friendly and helpful, management were very supportive and cheerful. The bad part was that the work load is heavy some times ,not getting enough time to finish up our responsiblity with in tht 8 hrs duration .
The work place is very stressful for nurses. There is a lack of positive support from management and as a result they have lost many nurses, especially RNs.
It was good, fun to be around the residents, I leaned a lot of skills. The residents are very chatty. The co-workers are very friendly and kind. The events are pretty good.
people are nice, it is well organized. I have used my GPA knowledge which I have never had to use during my time in home care. The hardest part about the job is all the back work. But the relationships you develop with the residents and families make my days great.
Its a good job if you love elders.. but not if you want to see how the staff truley treat them. Its really upsetting to know people are spending so much to have their loved ones taken care of and the staff to neglect them.
Pros
Good $
Cons
Horrible treatment
I have worked at CC Bourget for several years. The improvements have come in leaps and bounds. A lot of hard work has went into improving that place to make it better for the residents and staff. LTC is a hard area to work in for sure but we do just fine here. Our residents are well cared for and the management are always doing their best to keep things running smoothly for everyone. Everyone almost always gets their requested vacation and sometimes even management covered a shift or two when things were tight for staffing.
Im a registered staff and sometimes I think the PSWs need to act more professional but they have hard jobs also.

Would certainly say this place is ok to work.
Pros
co-workers, time off, management support is great, suppportive atmosphere.
Cons
LTC is hard, hard to keep up with all the ministry demands and expectations
Loved working with the residents but was not happy with not having time to spend with residents or having the right supplies for job. Hated working short staffed almost every shift I worked.
i love this place we were a tiny little family and the residents all know us personally
maybe its the world changing but i feel like I dont want to go to work and to me thats a sign to leave
Pros
pay is good
Cons
your a number
This is an extremely difficult environment to work in , not because of the residents they are wonderful actually ! Because of the employees , I watched a nurse snap at a resident for asking for help with something "I don't have time for this" also the same nurse made another new employee cry , just nasty ..
The other ladies in the department are extremely gossipy and judgemental , and seem to dislike having new workers in their jobs , I was trained by one who deliberately flopped my orientation by withholding important information pertaining to my job , then there are others who work there and do nothing all day but appear busy ....they like loud and obnoxious fake people over actual hard workers ...it's almost like being in highschool where if you don't fit in with the mean girls you just don't make it...hours are weird too ...not steady .
Pros
Cons
Back to highschool
I enjoyed my duties as the RHM although at times it could be extremely hectic, I believed in an open door policy and was rewarded with warmth and love from both my staff and the residents.
Though I only volunteered here i found the atmosphere to be very welcoming and most of the residents were friendly and good conversationalists. While I worked there I noticed that a lot of the coworkers were very dedicated.
Loved the working staff. Loved the residents. The management on the other hand could use help
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
A lot of drama
I have worked for caressant care for eight years and enjoy the structure , atmosphere, and working as a team with my co workers. I love the residents and how it feels like home when I walk into my job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caressant Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8