Caressant Care Employee Reviews

Nice people
Student PSW (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 April 2018
Residents are awesome and the staff are friendly. Everyone works hard. Teamwork is a must to work there. A lot of times your short staffed so you really have to step up.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short staffed a lot
Great environment for students to get into
Student Nurse's Adie (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 April 2018
I very much enjoyed working along side my co workers at Caressant Care, it is a great environment to be in if you are looking to get into health care!
up to date
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cobden, ON22 March 2018
I haven't worked here in a long time. But it was nice when I did. I believe that they have moved towards a state of the art charting system. They home is very clean and well organized
Pros
clean environment
Cons
unsure
Okay place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 March 2018
Caressant Care is an okay place to work. The wage is good, but there is a lot of things a staff member has to endure while working there. Very cliquey. A lot of disconnect between management and staff.
Resident Care
Dietary Aide & Student Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ON2 March 2018
Residents are very well cared for and always taken care of and made sure they are happy, no one goes un noticed, nurses are trained well and very friendly
Awesome place to work.
Staff Nurse – RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arthur, ON5 February 2018
Great place to work. Staff and management are friendly. Care provided is excellent. Job routines easy to understand and complete. Education is provided.
Great job security with excellent benefits and very flexible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 January 2018
While working at the retirement home I found the job quite easy to learn and not to mention the job is unionized so once you pass the 3 month probation period you are safe in terms of your position and pay. Has yearly raises and often held fun employee activities.
Pros
Great Work environment and excellent experience
Cons
Early mornings
Management don’t follow ministry guidelines
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 January 2018
No support, incomplete assessments and very little effort to follow the ministry’s guidelines! Corporate ignores issues and sweeps them under the rug. Negative work environment due to lack of support! Residents are clearly NOT a priority with corporate or management!
Pros
Clients
Cons
To much to list
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 November 2017
Prepping food for that days meals and then prepping food for the next days meals. Helping serve the meals and cleaning the dining room after everything was done
Pros
holiday gifts
Cons
not enough staff
job life
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 November 2017
love my job working with the elderly but not completely happy , our seniors deserve the best care possible with the right amount of staffing ,equipment and products needed to complete the care that`s required with each individual`s needs.Both from a personal and physical stand point.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not enough staff, no advancements
Tricky to navigate staff culture
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Harriston, ON23 October 2017
While I loved working with the residents and the majority of the staff here, there was a fair amount of dissension between management-staff. This carried into the general atmosphere of the work-place, making it difficult to maintain good morale. There were also a few instances of somewhat un-professional behaviour between staff and residents, which I felt very ethically conflicted about.
Overall Summary
Student Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON8 October 2017
The workplace was very busy and unorganized. The staff can sometimes be overwhelming to work with which can affect the work environment. The pay was great if it is part-time during school which can help with finances also helping the elderly was quite enjoyable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work life would be difficult
good place
Student Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 September 2017
Never had any bad things happen to me here, it is a good place to work, the people are nice. It has lots of opportunities for students, and nurses to work here.
3 shifts and done with the staff
Psw (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Mary St25 July 2017
I worked here for 3 shifts. Would never go back again. The coworkers were brutal to me and each other. Tear each other down and foster a very negative and catty work environment. Was told that managements attitude is to blame as they encourage the gossiping and infighting but I didn't stay long enough to find out. Only took 3 days to find out I could never work in such a negative environment. That setting is terrible for the residents and I couldn't bear to be a part of it.
Pros
Shifts 8 hours, good pay
Cons
Negative work environment, too few staff for each shift
Great first time experience
Dietary Student (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 July 2017
I enjoyed the independence I experienced in this position. The strict scheduling ensured that everyone knew exactly what was happening at every moment - something I greatly appreciated.
Pros
Work culture, clients, preplanned work days
Cons
Early mornings, long hours
Great place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 July 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend time with residents. I wish the student hours could be a little more, I think we would have more students staying with us then always having to hire new ones.
horrible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ON11 July 2017
it was horrible place to work due to the management at the time. a team is only as good as the management allows them to be. My co workers were great for the most part we were just a bunch of hard working and loving women that wanted the best for our residents. we always did our best with the lack of supplies that we were given
The best place to work
PAB (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2017
The company is well organized and the staff is really good, if you work there, you'll be well paid.That's the much I can say about them, I recommend them.
Pros
Good hours
Student Nurse
Student Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON14 March 2017
A typical day for me at work was ensuring that the residents needs were met throughout the day. From working at Caressant Care I learned that you need patience to work with other people. The management there was exceptional, they almost always had a positive outlook on everything. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a residents what they want, and where they want to go fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to bond with all the the residents and staff and see everyone get along.
Pros
Great communication skills between residents and staff
Cons
Rude staff
Caressant Care is a fun place to work, the residents always make me smile.
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 January 2017
The residents would always greet me coming into work. The employers always say good morning or afternoon and always kept a positive attitude.
Pros
Positive workers and residents