CareRX
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

CareRX Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews

Not good

A lot of gossiping about other coworkers when they are away. If you do well then you get to do other peoples jobs for them. High turnover. Low wage for what you are doing.

Extremely rewarding work and fun place

I have worked at multiple locations at CareRx and they are all several magnitudes less stressful than community pharmacy. The systems and workflow are harder to grasp at first than community, but for the best. After a while it becomes very rewarding.

Insights into CareRX

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Extremely busy place

Management ghost you from time 0.Facilities are dirty and the amount of work as a Pharmacy assistant will drive you crazy.If you’re doing returns you will be forced to put your hand into garbage bags from the medicine returns and separate the garbage from pills. Not a nice experience.

Cons

Great opportunity as a start if you are heading in the pharmacy direction!

This place is very stressful, the co-workers are lovely to work with depending who you get along with. It was a great experience for myself to work at a long-term care pharmacy than a retail pharmacy. It gives you a different experience to work in a different setting without actual interactions with customers. They do have benefits for full-time positions!

Good job in the pharmacy world

Pros:-‘Closed-door’ pharmacy (not open to public).-RRSP matching program.-Benefits package.-Great hardworking/fun team.-Fast paced work make days go by quickly.-Mon-Fri work week, STAT holidays off.-No evening shifts.-Casual dress code.-Jam out to music all day.-Competitive wages.Cons:-Growing company, very busy most days.-Staff shortages.-Overtime sometimes required (this would be reduced with more employees added to the team).

Poor work culture and poor pay

not a good place to work. under payed, unorganized, stressful and poor work culture. You truly feel like just a number working for this company. The staff turnover is constant, this company squeezes the life out of you.

Great team! Great experience in both clinical and dispensary role

I've always enjoyed my time working for the company, feeling rewarded and accomplished getting to do both clinical and dispensary role, rare opportunity to obtain elsewhere. If you are looking for a place to be able to explore your clinical expertise further, you'll get to do them on day-to-day basis here. We also have a great team in our location, everyone supported others well within the team and always willing to fill in when others need extra hand. Busy pharmacy with fast-pace environment, but no matter how busy the workday is, you leave work feeling that you're making a difference for the community.

Pros

Great team!! Mon-Fri workdays, except when on-call duty have to work Saturday (once every 8 weeks), Great third-party benefit package, Company matched RRSP

Cons

Busy and fast-pace, especially when it comes to the long weekend

Growing Company

Busy, growing Long Term Care Pharmacy supplying a large number of Nursing Homes on Vancouver Island. Because we are growing there have been some "growing pains", however with continued communication with upper management we are improving everyday. This is a closed-door pharmacy so we do not deal with the public. We have a great benefits package and started a pension plan this year where the company matches contributions. These types of retirement plans are hard to find!! We have a great workplace culture and like to have fun while we work, the music is always going.

Avoid this place.

Management is very poor. From the start there is minimal guidance and training. The expectation is to stay late mostly everyday- but since they only have 7.5 hour work days, you don’t get OT pay until you stay late at least a half hour. There is constant staff turnover so if you manage to stick around long enough you will constantly be training new staff (which in turn keeps you constantly behind in day to day tasks). Also felt impossible to take time off because your request is either denied or you feel guilty leaving the rest of your team short handed. Overall just not a very good experience.

Horrible work environment. Terrible management that doesn’t help people. No support. No training.

Only work for this company if you don’t mind your job being all-consuming. But good luck knowing what your job entails because nobody is left at the company that knows how to do anything. They have all left and there is no training. Every good employee that could have taught you is gone because nobody listened. So if you’re super innovative and can figure things out for yourself, maybe you’ll be ok. But just know that you will be working far longer hours than promised and being on-call is no walk in the park. Demand fair compensation and vacation pay. Don’t accept the standard HR garbage. It is lies. Get annual increases on paper/ in your contract, as well as overtime pay. If you’re going to work yourself to death, you may as well get paid!!

Dumpster fire - corporation who thinks they are such a great publicly trade company full of fluff

Grew too fast and didn't work out any of the issues. NO SUPPORT ANY WHERE!!! Terrible management- the most dumb IT Support. If I could have given zero stars to review I would. Do not apply to this company!!!

Pros

Not a single one!

Cons

Company will steal your soul

Yikes.

Horribly stressful. Overtime expected nearly every day due to poor management, poor organization of workflow and high turnover. Only plus is no weekends.

Run away

Management is absolutely terrible and refuses to pay a fair wage to the pharmacy assistants, which is barely above minimum wage. Pharmacist wage is below industry standard in the current environment. Typical corporate company always care more about profit than employees. Be prepared to work overtime every day since they can't find enough people, and turnover is extremely high.

No appreciation or work life balance

It demands overtime everyday, no work life balance. No compensation is also provided for terminated employees and no notice given to employees. They don't respect employees and don't care about anything. no overtime pay given and stressful work since the start of the day. In offer letter they write flexible hours but it's 8-8 job with hardly any appreciation. Won't recommend joining this company.

Very unprofessional and biased environment

Most of the people working here are demotivated and over burdened with work. The company does not care about its employee’s well-being at all. Very unprofessional and unsupportive environment with constant finger pointing.

Awful: Demanded Overtime, Zero Appreciation

If you have a job offer from this place, RUN AWAY. This is the worst place I have ever worked. They give the most basic benefits (only enough to be able to say they give them). They demand overtime EVERYDAY. They don’t want to pay you for overtime so they want you to be on a salary rather than hourly. Management doesn’t care about employee wellbeing at all. They pretend to be transparent but in reality they are not. They don’t provide enough support (staff or otherwise) and then blame you if there are any issues. Lowest morale I have ever seen and overall worst experience ever. I only ended up here because they bought the company I worked for. I got out ASAP because the culture, management and overall outlook was only about money. They don’t care about patients or employees, this is why they have such high turnover in staff.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours, terrible benefits, no training to newcomers, no caring about patients or employee.

No work-life balance, worked 2-2.5 hours past the time I was supposed to finish every day

Most stressful job I have had, fast-paced was an understatement. Couldn't book time off because they were so understaffed and preference was given to those who were the least capable (because they didn't depend on them as much as the capable people). Turnover was high. New hires were incapable of inputting. Wasn't able to use my benefits because I couldn't book the time off to use them and by the time I got off work, everything was closed. Morale was very low. Environment was also ergonomically unfriendly and not maintained. Higher management couldn't care less about any issues that were voiced. I could go on.

Pros

Some celebrations (ie. Halloween, Christmas)

Cons

Overtime everyday, No work-life balance, No ability to use vacation days

Productive and Fun place to work!

The culture in our small pharmacy is family-like. The people promote team work and collaborate on everything. Our manager is caring and inclusive. She motivates our team and works with us always to come up with solutions to problems.

Pros

Collaborative Culture, Perks/Discounts, no weekends!

Cons

Can be very busy at times, hard to find new hires

Avoid this place.

High stress, minimal training, no management, and over worked. I feel overwhelmed with the expectations for the amount of training I've received. It's disheartening to hear about all the apparently stellar employees that once worked here and have left. Staff turnover is a problem and we are only gaining more work as CareRx purchased another pharmacy. Save yourself the time and don't hit the apply button!

Pros

Biweekly pay

Cons

Management, overtime, workload.

Toxic, stressful workplace with tons of overtime

Hard place to work. Minimal training and a really fast pace. Not enough staff to get things done efficiently and management is not supportive. The manager takes tons of time off and hardly helps the team. Order entry and dispensing are on different floors and creates a bit of an "us/them" atmosphere.

Pros

Closed door, no customers at the location

Cons

Long hours with minimal reward

Amazing team

I loved working for CareRx, the team and management were amazing…..very friendly environment filled with helpful co-workers.I recommend working for this place.

Pros

Fair salary and benefits, great team

Cons

Thinking about work all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareRX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement