CarePartners Employee Reviews

First Home Care Position
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 October 2018
For the most part this company was okay. Had a few issues with some of the scheduling staff as 1 person would tell me to visit x amount of clients then another scheduler would ask me to see clients when i was already booked to see different ones. Were not flexible when i had to attend school.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 September 2018
Caprpartners was a healthcare company and I was in the therapy department.I did alot of data entry and I did reception. I also followed up on clients for the service that they recieved. I learned to adapt to learning new in house programs. The workplace culture was somewhat negative and people didn't seem happy there. I met some new friends and still today I keep in touch with them.
Cons
very negative
Do not work here!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
The stress level in this company is through the roof! The horrible pay does not compensate the amount of stress. Management team is horrible, there's no common sense in most of them. When issues are raised to their attention they have no solution. Lack of proper training. The place is a mess and nobody knows how to prioritize correctly. Stay away if you enjoy your sanity.
Pros
Coworkers are kind and motivating
Cons
Pay, management, benefits
Red Cross Review
CSW Worker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 September 2018
It was a decent job, though the work hours were unpredictable and often I wouldn't be able to get enough. Management quit often, questions were often left unanswered and I had to fend for myself and salary was mediocre
always busy
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 September 2018
Good place to work for independent employees. However; hard to balance work and home schedules. Not suitable for candidates with small children. Long hours, hard on your vehicle.
Pros
day hours, independent, self sufficient
Cons
long hours, no notice of no shows, loss of hours, low pay grade, hard on personal vehicle, hold two weeks
Poorly organized with bad management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 August 2018
Very poorly organized, management is beyond disrespectful and you will be treated as a number !!! It’s all about the money for this company. I urge you not to apply, prevent yourself from being sucked into the never ending Abis of no leadership or support from management, low paid km compensation, low paid wage, wear and tear on your vehicle, driving in extreme weather conditions and of course the constant phone calls and pressure from scheduling with travel time you work 10 hrs and only receive pay for 8 hrs save yourself the frustration and stress.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs no advancement low wage
Lack of communication skills, poorly ran and disorganized.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. They lack a great deal of communication skills. I find it very frustrating to work for this company. I think it is very poorly ran and they are very disorganized. They have a very high turnover rate because of this. They also higher staff with no schooling or training to do basic Care, witch in return creates a lot of problems.
Pros
Gain skills with a wide variety of clients with all different types of health issues.
Cons
Disorganized, poorly ran, horrible communication, staff is over worked.
Don't work here
Psw (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON25 August 2018
I been in the business as a psw for 20yrs and this was the worst company to work for. Just want to pick up a few extra hrs so I joined. Management likes to change your schedule without telling you and then when you challenge them you are repamaned or get fired.i holed another job and this was frowned upon and was told this would interfere with there scheduling. When it came to pay I got minimum wage not the 16.50 that I was told I would get. It's not worth working for this company to much stress management is terrible
Pros
Client
Cons
Lots management
Great place to work, must work well on your own but lots of support if needed available.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 August 2018
I enjoyed my years with Carepartners. Enjoyed being out in the community. Lots of support from the office supervisors. Company excellent for providing extra teaching to help develope new skills.
Pros
great staff. good skills learning environment
Cons
can get pretty busy some days.
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON21 August 2018
If you are an RN, stay away. Had an RPN as a supervisor one weekend - had a serious issue that needed management attention. Could not cope with it and was outside the persons scope of practice. No support from management. Very disorganized. Good people working there but overwhelmed and over their heads on many fronts.
Pros
gained experience in community nursing.
Cons
no support, placed in difficulty situations without support, when you did ask for help, it was viewed as a negative
One of the worst Canadian employers
Csw (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 August 2018
Absolutely one company you should avoid
They bully and steal wages from their employees, and are disrespectful to their patients and their families.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible management
Not worth the pay
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON14 August 2018
Found that it is very unorganized, extremely cliquey, you don't feel supported doing your work and any concerns that are brought up to management will make you a target. The paperwork is a lot and often left to other nurses or newer nurses. The pay isn't worth what you do for the company.
Cons
Long days, unorganized, doing a lot on your off time, paid low
Good Reliable Week to Week Schedule
Team Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2018
There is a high turnover rate here, but you always know what your hours will be in advance. Lots of opportunity for vacation time. Turn over is really high, and there is almost always someone new being trained. Management needs work.
Pros
Set hours, lots of people, good money
Cons
Management, drama
Poor company
Paw (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 July 2018
Extremely poor company to work for, very unprofessional and unorganized! Peterborough office is not run well. You will be demanded to drive over 45 mins one way and not get paid for it just to work for one hour your car will be getting numerous kms on it and run down quickly and the company won’t care! You will be asked to drive on unsafe roads all hours of the night and they don’t care!
Pros
Cons
A lot
Horrible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ON9 July 2018
This is by far the worst homecare company I have come across. They dont care how many hours you are working, they dont consider the kms being driven, they lie and cheat you. Very dishonest company and I suggest avoid them at all costs.
Grow your skills where you can and move on
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2018
Management leads poor by example, and puts a lot of the pressure on its employees (healthcare workers, coordinators), with ridiculous expectations for the pay received. In return, management at every level ignores giving its staff the appreciation they deserve, ignores the needs and underlying needs of the staff, and staff also get insulted by the way Supervisors and Managers speak to them-professional lines don't seem to really exist here.

The positive is having some good co-workers to build each other up on through harsher days. If it wasn't for that, the culture and workplace environment would be hard to put up with regularly. Note- there are some employees who are definitely there for a reason- as they also can contribute to a toxic work environment.
Lots of room to build knowledge and experience
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 June 2018
There are so many opportunities to learn and evolve in your field because of the wide range of nursing that this job has to offer. Also a good place to build your skills working with a team
good place to work with friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 June 2018
I liked working there as it had a constant changing working environment with friendly staff and clients. The pay b isn't bad and there is room for advancement.
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 May 2018
alright place to work but poor organization skills not very good when dealing with wsib claims alright comany but poor rates per hour not a very good career to make ends meet.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Overworked and underpaid
PSW (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 May 2018
Unfortunately they are not organized and don’t schedule well. Therefore clients suffer and staff are overworked for little pay. Had to make a hard discussion of leaving my clients behind. They have no regard for their staff
Pros
The clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6