CarePartners Employee Reviews

Loving what you do
Laundry, and light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2019
work day started around 7 am
always be prepared
manage your time
hardest part of the job,doing your best and feeling its not enough
meeting clients who really appreciate you and always thank you
Pros
Feeling you can make a difference
Cons
Doing your best and but its not enough
Great job
PSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 January 2019
Has the perfect balance of challenges and education opportunities with a fair paynforbthe work and benefits. Work as much or as little as you like. 2 paid sick days a year. Great dental and health plan
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Care giver burn out
satisfactory, enjoyable job
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 January 2019
This is the job to do as a PSW if you do not enjoy working in a nursing home. You spend one on one time for 30 minutes to an hour with your patients making sure they get the care that they need.
na
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON23 November 2018
working with clients in the community and assisting people with their activities of daily living. learned time management and various other skills, and experiences
working independently in a supportive environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 November 2018
I worked as a PSW in the community for 3 years in the Peterborough area and whole-heartedly loved my job and being a part of the Carepartners team. This job allows you to work independently in the community and yet always stay connected and feel apart of the group. Management was always supportive and available when needed for both work and personal matters. This is a great job to allow you continually learn new skills, and ongoingly improve on skills such as problem solving, time management, communication and multitasking.
They really providing well work life balance but pay is the concern
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2018
The Management is pretty generous and I can see they are working and do something for staffs.
overall care partner is good place to work but pay isn't the best,
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Poor Management
RPN (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON11 October 2018
Management is terrible, often relying on staff to take care of management related duties. Little to no support when needed, HR picks and chooses who gets what privileges. No short term benefits, no modified work, if you're injured, have to rely on EI.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management, little to no support
First Home Care Position
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 October 2018
For the most part this company was okay. Had a few issues with some of the scheduling staff as 1 person would tell me to visit x amount of clients then another scheduler would ask me to see clients when i was already booked to see different ones. Were not flexible when i had to attend school.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 September 2018
Caprpartners was a healthcare company and I was in the therapy department.I did alot of data entry and I did reception. I also followed up on clients for the service that they recieved. I learned to adapt to learning new in house programs. The workplace culture was somewhat negative and people didn't seem happy there. I met some new friends and still today I keep in touch with them.
Cons
very negative
Do not work here!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
The stress level in this company is through the roof! The horrible pay does not compensate the amount of stress. Management team is horrible, there's no common sense in most of them. When issues are raised to their attention they have no solution. Lack of proper training. The place is a mess and nobody knows how to prioritize correctly. Stay away if you enjoy your sanity.
Pros
Coworkers are kind and motivating
Cons
Pay, management, benefits
Red Cross Review
CSW Worker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 September 2018
It was a decent job, though the work hours were unpredictable and often I wouldn't be able to get enough. Management quit often, questions were often left unanswered and I had to fend for myself and salary was mediocre
always busy
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 September 2018
Good place to work for independent employees. However; hard to balance work and home schedules. Not suitable for candidates with small children. Long hours, hard on your vehicle.
Pros
day hours, independent, self sufficient
Cons
long hours, no notice of no shows, loss of hours, low pay grade, hard on personal vehicle, hold two weeks
Poorly organized with bad management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 August 2018
Very poorly organized, management is beyond disrespectful and you will be treated as a number !!! It’s all about the money for this company. I urge you not to apply, prevent yourself from being sucked into the never ending Abis of no leadership or support from management, low paid km compensation, low paid wage, wear and tear on your vehicle, driving in extreme weather conditions and of course the constant phone calls and pressure from scheduling with travel time you work 10 hrs and only receive pay for 8 hrs save yourself the frustration and stress.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs no advancement low wage
Lack of communication skills, poorly ran and disorganized.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. They lack a great deal of communication skills. I find it very frustrating to work for this company. I think it is very poorly ran and they are very disorganized. They have a very high turnover rate because of this. They also higher staff with no schooling or training to do basic Care, witch in return creates a lot of problems.
Pros
Gain skills with a wide variety of clients with all different types of health issues.
Cons
Disorganized, poorly ran, horrible communication, staff is over worked.
Don't work here
Psw (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON25 August 2018
I been in the business as a psw for 20yrs and this was the worst company to work for. Just want to pick up a few extra hrs so I joined. Management likes to change your schedule without telling you and then when you challenge them you are repamaned or get fired.i holed another job and this was frowned upon and was told this would interfere with there scheduling. When it came to pay I got minimum wage not the 16.50 that I was told I would get. It's not worth working for this company to much stress management is terrible
Pros
Client
Cons
Lots management
Great place to work, must work well on your own but lots of support if needed available.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 August 2018
I enjoyed my years with Carepartners. Enjoyed being out in the community. Lots of support from the office supervisors. Company excellent for providing extra teaching to help develope new skills.
Pros
great staff. good skills learning environment
Cons
can get pretty busy some days.
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON21 August 2018
If you are an RN, stay away. Had an RPN as a supervisor one weekend - had a serious issue that needed management attention. Could not cope with it and was outside the persons scope of practice. No support from management. Very disorganized. Good people working there but overwhelmed and over their heads on many fronts.
Pros
gained experience in community nursing.
Cons
no support, placed in difficulty situations without support, when you did ask for help, it was viewed as a negative
One of the worst Canadian employers
Csw (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 August 2018
Absolutely one company you should avoid
They bully and steal wages from their employees, and are disrespectful to their patients and their families.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible management
Not worth the pay
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON14 August 2018
Found that it is very unorganized, extremely cliquey, you don't feel supported doing your work and any concerns that are brought up to management will make you a target. The paperwork is a lot and often left to other nurses or newer nurses. The pay isn't worth what you do for the company.
Cons
Long days, unorganized, doing a lot on your off time, paid low
Good Reliable Week to Week Schedule
Team Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2018
There is a high turnover rate here, but you always know what your hours will be in advance. Lots of opportunity for vacation time. Turn over is really high, and there is almost always someone new being trained. Management needs work.
Pros
Set hours, lots of people, good money
Cons
Management, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7