CarePartners Employee Reviews

Poor company
Paw (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 July 2018
Extremely poor company to work for, very unprofessional and unorganized! Peterborough office is not run well. You will be demanded to drive over 45 mins one way and not get paid for it just to work for one hour your car will be getting numerous kms on it and run down quickly and the company won’t care! You will be asked to drive on unsafe roads all hours of the night and they don’t care!
Pros
Cons
A lot
Horrible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, ON9 July 2018
This is by far the worst homecare company I have come across. They dont care how many hours you are working, they dont consider the kms being driven, they lie and cheat you. Very dishonest company and I suggest avoid them at all costs.
Grow your skills where you can and move on
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2018
Management leads poor by example, and puts a lot of the pressure on its employees (healthcare workers, coordinators), with ridiculous expectations for the pay received. In return, management at every level ignores giving its staff the appreciation they deserve, ignores the needs and underlying needs of the staff, and staff also get insulted by the way Supervisors and Managers speak to them-professional lines don't seem to really exist here.

The positive is having some good co-workers to build each other up on through harsher days. If it wasn't for that, the culture and workplace environment would be hard to put up with regularly. Note- there are some employees who are definitely there for a reason- as they also can contribute to a toxic work environment.
Lots of room to build knowledge and experience
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 June 2018
There are so many opportunities to learn and evolve in your field because of the wide range of nursing that this job has to offer. Also a good place to build your skills working with a team
good place to work with friendly staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 June 2018
I liked working there as it had a constant changing working environment with friendly staff and clients. The pay b isn't bad and there is room for advancement.
good place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 May 2018
alright place to work but poor organization skills not very good when dealing with wsib claims alright comany but poor rates per hour not a very good career to make ends meet.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Overworked and underpaid
PSW (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 May 2018
Unfortunately they are not organized and don’t schedule well. Therefore clients suffer and staff are overworked for little pay. Had to make a hard discussion of leaving my clients behind. They have no regard for their staff
Pros
The clients
Management is a joke
RN (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 May 2018
Central east management sucks. Unfortunately they don’t care for any of their staff because it’s just business at the end of the day. You Work 2-3 days a week with a weekend on call. Sounds like a brilliant job but they can’t seem to retain any of their staff. Pay is terribly low and there is no incentive to stay. Turnover is so high because of poor management, cheap rewards and terrible communication with staff.
Don't work here unless you're seriously desperate!
PSW (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON21 May 2018
It's terrible working for them!! worst company ever!! All the other reviews are bang on...no communication with anyone even after you voice concern. Zero regard for the employees and the crappiest pay!! they say 16.50 and hour but it's not. You're paid per client. You're over worked and underpaid constantly and they don't care! They do and will take advantage of you and claim it's in your unions collective agreement which is bogus corn! For the love of all that is good, don't work for this company!!! Your schedule is changed constantly with or without your permission, Nobody knows what is going on within the company, clients don't even know what kind of care they're suppose to be getting, some clients don't get any care, some don't need care and get way more than they need and others need it greatly and get way less than they need. No organization.
Pros
SOME of the clients
Cons
Everything else
great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2018
This company is good it has a lot of nice people and they care about their employees there is variety of jobs and responsibilities lots of work and willing to work with u on any issues
Pros
lots of work caring company
Cons
pay
Glad to have left!
Psw (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 April 2018
Anyone who complains about CP is totally in The Right!
Management doesn’t care I know because I worked for CP and before when it was Red Cross for 7 years and this for profit company still is no good to work for, Management bullies you has not respect for the union and they play favours And if your not liked they will get rid of you somehow, use the union against you, it’s nothing to do with psws calling in sick it’s management and yet before Cp bought out Red Cross the psws were the ones who striked in 2011 and helped change the min wage for psws in home care!
Nothing changed had 5 supervisors in 7 years and I was stressed out from being bullied so found a contract job with better pay and benefits with pension and left ASAP and have never been happier!
Pros
Client were great
Cons
Management sucks
Don't start ,only as temp fill in
Psw (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON22 April 2018
Terrible scheduling in rural areas.no idea of time to travel many times going back and forth on the same road to clients .No logics
in travel time not enough or way too much and if you arrive early or late it your fault.Base pay hasn't gone up in last 6 years there rely on government wage enhancement to make it look like a good paying job but with mileage and travel time you aren't making more than minimum wage. Mileage remembrusement at 37 cents doesn't near cover cost of fuel or wear and tear on vehicle.
Pros
Clients
Cons
pay low, lots of driving
Not good
PSW (Former Employee) –  Windsor on5 April 2018
Loved my job but terrlble management. Terrible scheduling . Rude management. They just dont care about workers or clients. When i started in 2001 it was Red Cross. It was the best company to work for . Then Care Partners bought us out! I have nothing good to say about it
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Expect to have no personl life
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 March 2018
Terrible-don't do it. By far the worst job I've had so far. Not even close to competitive compensation, no guaranteed hours, terrible management, etc.
Pros
Lots of learning, good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
I'm happy here
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 March 2018
I am about to hit the two year mark with CarePartners and I am happy to be a part of this team.
My work is challenging, rewarding and satisfying. Management is supportive and encourages me to reach my full potential. I am constantly learning new skills and developing my knowledge and abilities. I feel my opinions are valued and respected.
When I have new ideas for marketing, recruitment and advertising, the management team is receptive and willing to listen to me.
I love meeting with PSWs who are looking to join our team and letting them know all what we have to offer. Leading the orientation program is my favorite part of the job; I truly enjoy teaching the program.
The hardest part of my job is beyond my control.....and that is the shortage of PSWs. There is never enough!
Pros
The team, work/life balance, variety in work assignments
Cons
Orientation material is a bit outdated. An update would be nice.
Good learning experience to deal with seniors
Csw (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 March 2018
I have learnt a lot working as Community Support Worker with Care partners.
Also they have good management, job satisfaction, good salary and benefits.
Pros
Getting KM
Cons
long shifts
The worst place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
Kitchener office is run by stupid people who can not communicate between them.
Worst experience ever. Poor management, careless supervisors and they don't even care or respect the clients.
Pros
Nothing!!
Issue is KW-Stratford Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 February 2018
The management and work environment are horrible - its all about the final dollar even if that means cutting client service short or cutting corners, 'its okay'.

Lack of personal confidentiality - management seem to forget that staffs confidentiality is important too. If a staff confides in a manager/team leader about a personal issue, by days end, everyone in the office knows.

The high turn-over is proof of the poor work environment. those who deserve promotions or appreciation dont get it. Only those who kiss-up and do whatever management asks (even if its morally wrong or dishonest) get promotions, praise and premium shifts/geographical areas.

Most of the non-management staff are very supportive of each other except those who are willing to lie and stab coworkers in the back.

Best way to correct the issue.... clear house, starting at the very top.
benefits
Cons
management, lack of staff support
The real deal
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 January 2018
You get paid per visit. That sounds cool at first but the company is private and doesn't pay you at the rate that they are supposed to. An example is if you are a new grad registered nurse in a unionized position you would probably bank an hourly rate of 32 dollars. CP will pay you 23. And you may decide ok I'll just see as many people as I can and earn more. What happens instead is that your numbers are not consistent. One day you'll have 14 visits and the next day is 5. It really can be a killer on your earning potential. Another issue.. is the on call hours. You are sometimes required to be available after office hours to answer the pager and in some cases go and visit. Now if you are required to visit someone after 4:30pm (after regular business hours) they'll only pay you 10 dollars per visit. Bummer right? It's actually really discouraging and for that reason alone most people never volunteer for on call when someone calls in suck. Instead the management scrambles and assigns the next available nurse despite the fact that that person may have been reassigned that position back to back with no reward or hourly wage for the time they've put in. That's primarily why I left. The stress doesnt warrant the reward.

I like the job overall. If you like being outside in any kind of weather this job is for you. If you are a new nurse and want nursing skills on would care, iv, ostomy, g feeds, chest tubes, insulin, or simply community this the job for you. If you're a parent with young children and need flexibility in your day schedule this the job for you.
  more... If pay isn't your priority then this the job for you. You gotta be able to work independently and be self directed. Talk to your manager when you are unsure or need support. Theyll connect you with the right mentor get the job done. The patients are the highlight of the day, they the ones that keep you going. You build some solid relationships with many of them.  less
Pros
Autonomy and indepence you plan your own day
Cons
On call creates stress and anxiety.
Lack of help from team leader
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 January 2018
Scheduling itself wasn't that bad the clients and psws were great but the office environment sucked. The office team leader wasn't much help and when you did ask for guidance or help she brushed you off or bad talked You to other employees. You were overworked and the moral was very negative in the office. You get a new management and office leader and things may have been better. You never knew if you had a job come the end of the day ...very high turnover .
Pros
The benifits
Cons
Management and team lead . Overworked