CarePartners Employee Reviews

Poorly organized with bad management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 August 2018
Very poorly organized, management is beyond disrespectful and you will be treated as a number !!! It’s all about the money for this company. I urge you not to apply, prevent yourself from being sucked into the never ending Abis of no leadership or support from management, low paid km compensation, low paid wage, wear and tear on your vehicle, driving in extreme weather conditions and of course the constant phone calls and pressure from scheduling with travel time you work 10 hrs and only receive pay for 8 hrs save yourself the frustration and stress.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs no advancement low wage
Do not work here!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
The stress level in this company is through the roof! The horrible pay does not compensate the amount of stress. Management team is horrible, there's no common sense in most of them. When issues are raised to their attention they have no solution. Lack of proper training. The place is a mess and nobody knows how to prioritize correctly. Stay away if you enjoy your sanity.
Pros
Coworkers are kind and motivating
Cons
Pay, management, benefits
Poor Management
RPN (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON11 October 2018
Management is terrible, often relying on staff to take care of management related duties. Little to no support when needed, HR picks and chooses who gets what privileges. No short term benefits, no modified work, if you're injured, have to rely on EI.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management, little to no support
Glad to have left!
Psw (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 April 2018
Anyone who complains about CP is totally in The Right!
Management doesn’t care I know because I worked for CP and before when it was Red Cross for 7 years and this for profit company still is no good to work for, Management bullies you has not respect for the union and they play favours And if your not liked they will get rid of you somehow, use the union against you, it’s nothing to do with psws calling in sick it’s management and yet before Cp bought out Red Cross the psws were the ones who striked in 2011 and helped change the min wage for psws in home care!
Nothing changed had 5 supervisors in 7 years and I was stressed out from being bullied so found a contract job with better pay and benefits with pension and left ASAP and have never been happier!
Pros
Client were great
Cons
Management sucks
Red Cross Review
CSW Worker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 September 2018
It was a decent job, though the work hours were unpredictable and often I wouldn't be able to get enough. Management quit often, questions were often left unanswered and I had to fend for myself and salary was mediocre
Issue is KW-Stratford Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 February 2018
The management and work environment are horrible - its all about the final dollar even if that means cutting client service short or cutting corners, 'its okay'.

Lack of personal confidentiality - management seem to forget that staffs confidentiality is important too. If a staff confides in a manager/team leader about a personal issue, by days end, everyone in the office knows.

The high turn-over is proof of the poor work environment. those who deserve promotions or appreciation dont get it. Only those who kiss-up and do whatever management asks (even if its morally wrong or dishonest) get promotions, praise and premium shifts/geographical areas.

Most of the non-management staff are very supportive of each other except those who are willing to lie and stab coworkers in the back.

Best way to correct the issue.... clear house, starting at the very top.
benefits
Cons
management, lack of staff support
Don't work here
Psw (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON25 August 2018
I been in the business as a psw for 20yrs and this was the worst company to work for. Just want to pick up a few extra hrs so I joined. Management likes to change your schedule without telling you and then when you challenge them you are repamaned or get fired.i holed another job and this was frowned upon and was told this would interfere with there scheduling. When it came to pay I got minimum wage not the 16.50 that I was told I would get. It's not worth working for this company to much stress management is terrible
Pros
Client
Cons
Lots management
always busy
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 September 2018
Good place to work for independent employees. However; hard to balance work and home schedules. Not suitable for candidates with small children. Long hours, hard on your vehicle.
Pros
day hours, independent, self sufficient
Cons
long hours, no notice of no shows, loss of hours, low pay grade, hard on personal vehicle, hold two weeks
Lack of help from team leader
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 January 2018
Scheduling itself wasn't that bad the clients and psws were great but the office environment sucked. The office team leader wasn't much help and when you did ask for guidance or help she brushed you off or bad talked You to other employees. You were overworked and the moral was very negative in the office. You get a new management and office leader and things may have been better. You never knew if you had a job come the end of the day ...very high turnover .
Pros
The benifits
Cons
Management and team lead . Overworked
Grow your skills where you can and move on
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2018
Management leads poor by example, and puts a lot of the pressure on its employees (healthcare workers, coordinators), with ridiculous expectations for the pay received. In return, management at every level ignores giving its staff the appreciation they deserve, ignores the needs and underlying needs of the staff, and staff also get insulted by the way Supervisors and Managers speak to them-professional lines don't seem to really exist here.

The positive is having some good co-workers to build each other up on through harsher days. If it wasn't for that, the culture and workplace environment would be hard to put up with regularly. Note- there are some employees who are definitely there for a reason- as they also can contribute to a toxic work environment.
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 March 2018
Terrible-don't do it. By far the worst job I've had so far. Not even close to competitive compensation, no guaranteed hours, terrible management, etc.
Pros
Lots of learning, good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
working independently in a supportive environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 November 2018
I worked as a PSW in the community for 3 years in the Peterborough area and whole-heartedly loved my job and being a part of the Carepartners team. This job allows you to work independently in the community and yet always stay connected and feel apart of the group. Management was always supportive and available when needed for both work and personal matters. This is a great job to allow you continually learn new skills, and ongoingly improve on skills such as problem solving, time management, communication and multitasking.
They really providing well work life balance but pay is the concern
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2018
The Management is pretty generous and I can see they are working and do something for staffs.
overall care partner is good place to work but pay isn't the best,
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Very High stressed environment with lack of dirction from management
PSW Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 October 2017
In the beginning this commpany was great to work for but overall experince was lack of direction and support from management. I loved speaking with the clientel and co workers but when you lack the equpiment you need to do the job and management is all about numbers not clientel happiness it makes it hard to do the job. The office manager was not supportive at all and she made you feel like you were worthless especailly if you did raise concern and ask for help or guidance.

As I said I loved the job in the beginning but when the new office manager came on the job became very stressful and unhealthy.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
long hours and stressful environment caused by internal lack of management
Good learning experience to deal with seniors
Csw (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 March 2018
I have learnt a lot working as Community Support Worker with Care partners.
Also they have good management, job satisfaction, good salary and benefits.
Pros
Getting KM
Cons
long shifts
I'm happy here
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 March 2018
I am about to hit the two year mark with CarePartners and I am happy to be a part of this team.
My work is challenging, rewarding and satisfying. Management is supportive and encourages me to reach my full potential. I am constantly learning new skills and developing my knowledge and abilities. I feel my opinions are valued and respected.
When I have new ideas for marketing, recruitment and advertising, the management team is receptive and willing to listen to me.
I love meeting with PSWs who are looking to join our team and letting them know all what we have to offer. Leading the orientation program is my favorite part of the job; I truly enjoy teaching the program.
The hardest part of my job is beyond my control.....and that is the shortage of PSWs. There is never enough!
Pros
The team, work/life balance, variety in work assignments
Cons
Orientation material is a bit outdated. An update would be nice.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 September 2018
Caprpartners was a healthcare company and I was in the therapy department.I did alot of data entry and I did reception. I also followed up on clients for the service that they recieved. I learned to adapt to learning new in house programs. The workplace culture was somewhat negative and people didn't seem happy there. I met some new friends and still today I keep in touch with them.
Cons
very negative
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON21 August 2018
If you are an RN, stay away. Had an RPN as a supervisor one weekend - had a serious issue that needed management attention. Could not cope with it and was outside the persons scope of practice. No support from management. Very disorganized. Good people working there but overwhelmed and over their heads on many fronts.
Pros
gained experience in community nursing.
Cons
no support, placed in difficulty situations without support, when you did ask for help, it was viewed as a negative
Good Reliable Week to Week Schedule
Team Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2018
There is a high turnover rate here, but you always know what your hours will be in advance. Lots of opportunity for vacation time. Turn over is really high, and there is almost always someone new being trained. Management needs work.
Pros
Set hours, lots of people, good money
Cons
Management, drama
Lack of communication skills, poorly ran and disorganized.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. They lack a great deal of communication skills. I find it very frustrating to work for this company. I think it is very poorly ran and they are very disorganized. They have a very high turnover rate because of this. They also higher staff with no schooling or training to do basic Care, witch in return creates a lot of problems.
Pros
Gain skills with a wide variety of clients with all different types of health issues.
Cons
Disorganized, poorly ran, horrible communication, staff is over worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7