CarePartners Employee Reviews

Not good
PSW (Former Employee) –  Windsor on5 April 2018
Loved my job but terrlble management. Terrible scheduling . Rude management. They just dont care about workers or clients. When i started in 2001 it was Red Cross. It was the best company to work for . Then Care Partners bought us out! I have nothing good to say about it
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Expect to have no personl life
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 March 2018
Terrible-don't do it. By far the worst job I've had so far. Not even close to competitive compensation, no guaranteed hours, terrible management, etc.
Pros
Lots of learning, good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
I'm happy here
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 March 2018
I am about to hit the two year mark with CarePartners and I am happy to be a part of this team.
My work is challenging, rewarding and satisfying. Management is supportive and encourages me to reach my full potential. I am constantly learning new skills and developing my knowledge and abilities. I feel my opinions are valued and respected.
When I have new ideas for marketing, recruitment and advertising, the management team is receptive and willing to listen to me.
I love meeting with PSWs who are looking to join our team and letting them know all what we have to offer. Leading the orientation program is my favorite part of the job; I truly enjoy teaching the program.
The hardest part of my job is beyond my control.....and that is the shortage of PSWs. There is never enough!
Pros
The team, work/life balance, variety in work assignments
Cons
Orientation material is a bit outdated. An update would be nice.
Good learning experience to deal with seniors
Csw (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 March 2018
I have learnt a lot working as Community Support Worker with Care partners.
Also they have good management, job satisfaction, good salary and benefits.
Pros
Getting KM
Cons
long shifts
The worst place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
Kitchener office is run by stupid people who can not communicate between them.
Worst experience ever. Poor management, careless supervisors and they don't even care or respect the clients.
Pros
Nothing!!
Issue is KW-Stratford Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 February 2018
The management and work environment are horrible - its all about the final dollar even if that means cutting client service short or cutting corners, 'its okay'.

Lack of personal confidentiality - management seem to forget that staffs confidentiality is important too. If a staff confides in a manager/team leader about a personal issue, by days end, everyone in the office knows.

The high turn-over is proof of the poor work environment. those who deserve promotions or appreciation dont get it. Only those who kiss-up and do whatever management asks (even if its morally wrong or dishonest) get promotions, praise and premium shifts/geographical areas.

Most of the non-management staff are very supportive of each other except those who are willing to lie and stab coworkers in the back.

Best way to correct the issue.... clear house, starting at the very top.
benefits
Cons
management, lack of staff support
The real deal
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 January 2018
You get paid per visit. That sounds cool at first but the company is private and doesn't pay you at the rate that they are supposed to. An example is if you are a new grad registered nurse in a unionized position you would probably bank an hourly rate of 32 dollars. CP will pay you 23. And you may decide ok I'll just see as many people as I can and earn more. What happens instead is that your numbers are not consistent. One day you'll have 14 visits and the next day is 5. It really can be a killer on your earning potential. Another issue.. is the on call hours. You are sometimes required to be available after office hours to answer the pager and in some cases go and visit. Now if you are required to visit someone after 4:30pm (after regular business hours) they'll only pay you 10 dollars per visit. Bummer right? It's actually really discouraging and for that reason alone most people never volunteer for on call when someone calls in suck. Instead the management scrambles and assigns the next available nurse despite the fact that that person may have been reassigned that position back to back with no reward or hourly wage for the time they've put in. That's primarily why I left. The stress doesnt warrant the reward.

I like the job overall. If you like being outside in any kind of weather this job is for you. If you are a new nurse and want nursing skills on would care, iv, ostomy, g feeds, chest tubes, insulin, or simply community this the job for you. If you're a parent with young children and need flexibility in your day schedule this the job for you.
  more... If pay isn't your priority then this the job for you. You gotta be able to work independently and be self directed. Talk to your manager when you are unsure or need support. Theyll connect you with the right mentor get the job done. The patients are the highlight of the day, they the ones that keep you going. You build some solid relationships with many of them.  less
Pros
Autonomy and indepence you plan your own day
Cons
On call creates stress and anxiety.
Lack of help from team leader
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 January 2018
Scheduling itself wasn't that bad the clients and psws were great but the office environment sucked. The office team leader wasn't much help and when you did ask for guidance or help she brushed you off or bad talked You to other employees. You were overworked and the moral was very negative in the office. You get a new management and office leader and things may have been better. You never knew if you had a job come the end of the day ...very high turnover .
Pros
The benifits
Cons
Management and team lead . Overworked
Terribly managed and poor morale
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2018
The Kitchener office runs their staff to the bone. Unrealistic expectations from staff and management treats their staff poorly. I worked here for 6 weeks before quitting. It was that bad.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Everything else
Waterloo office terrible management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 January 2018
Quit after working at the Waterloo office for two months! They think they provide you with enough training but they don’t.
The bosses don’t care about you at all and don’t help you. If they “help” it’s with added sarcasm and belittling.
All the employees talk behind your back no matter what you do and the bosses do nothing about it.
This place has no respect for its employees, don’t even bother applying! Almost every employee is looking for jobs elsewhere because of how stressful they make everyone.
Terrible place to work.
too much negativity in these reviews
PSW (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2018
It's steady hours ,steady work , and they work with your personal life.

I work weekends only and get the entire week with my kids. I get paid good money and get time off when I need it. I feel secure in my job, and have never had a dip in hours - and if there was it was compensated for.

a lot off issues seem to come from people who call in sick all the time or who don't actually want to work and put effort in.

otherwise I have no issues - everyone helps when I need it and I always got support.
Pros
paid km, management tries
Cons
not paid as much as private
Be Educated
PSW (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 December 2017
I can't speak for all branches - but ours is great. They have a 3-4 day paid orientation, and all the support you could ever want to start a new job. They granted me my already planned vacay right when I started, and let me choose my own work hours. Itz unionzed so you only have a min you gotta meet. I work my schedule around my personal life and get 3-4 days off every other week - bit they let me pick up more when I got the time. My friend gets OT because they have so many hours especially in other areas. I don't always like getting up early, I prefer to sleep in and I don't have to start my day until 2 or 3 if I want to.
Pros
flexable hours, every othar weekend off, paid kelometers, same patients every week
Cons
pay is just okay, driving in the winter
Not impressed with their work within
Psw (Current Employee) –  Cambridge ont19 December 2017
I don’t recommended anyone to work her management is rude they lie to resident and very rude to stuff not a caring company and money before residents sad
Pros
Working one on one
Cons
Very stressful with management but
Oshawa
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2017
Nurses in the community are paid per patient. Too many hands in the pot, poor training for new hires. Significant improvement over the years - important that nurses advocate for themselves. Mgmt focuses morenon KPI’s instead of supporting their front line visiting nurses.
Pros
Strives to improve the functionality of systems
Cons
Low pay
Home Care
PSW (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON30 November 2017
I love working here. management is great to work with. The hours are flexible to work with your personal life. Home care life is the perfect life for me.
All ye beware who apply here!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 November 2017
I don't really have anything good to say about Care Partners. The place is not well organized and very little support since they became Care Partners.
Poor management/ lack of support
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 November 2017
Best part of job was the clients. Disorganized. Pay was poor. Base salary was to be topped up by ccac we did not get the $4 top up. Scheduled constantly changed Concerns reported to management with no follow up.
Pros
Clients
Cons
To many to list
Stressful and Unorganized
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 November 2017
Company overbooks you with no time to drive between clients. This job does not pay enough for the amount of work you do and the damages done to your car from driving all over the place. Always hard to get ahold of supervisors when problems arise. Usually always a problem with scheduling. The work phone provided rings at least 10 times a day from the office calling. Office WILL take advantage of you and book you for over 8 hours without your permission and hope you do not notice so you have to really keep track of your own schedules.
Beyond stressed out working for this company, love the job but very much dislike the company. I have only heard bad things about this company after getting hired.
Pros
Making Clients Smile
Cons
Over Worked and Stressed out all the time
ok
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2017
Like every job, this position has its pros and cons.
I really enjoy the scheduling part and dealing with the patients.
there is a lot of flexibility in terms of the schedule.
The only down side is the stress!
Challenging organization with little to no advancement.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 October 2017
Administration is challenging and at times unorthodox. No care for PSW's schedules or family/work balance. Split shifts are difficult and mandatory. Communication is non-existent between schedulers. Clients are also frustrated. Hours are long and travel is ridiculous, especially when working in a rural setting. You are called with very little notice and your schedule changes a lot.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, irregular hours and a lot of travel with poor mileage reimbursement.