Carefor Health & Community Services Employee Reviews

overall experience
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
they overwork their nurses
do not appreciate the great nurses
bullying
favoritism is an ongoing issue
management is lacking tremendously
most enjoyable part of this job were the clients
Careless and not Carefor
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2017
Not a good Company to work for. Carefor should change the company name to Careless. Management only care about themselves. No job security. PSS is the only department that has no union. And it's the department that could use union protection the most. When you work for Carefor you become their possession. Forget about your life/family. Co-ordinators are rude. Management don't care about the clients needs and wants. They send non palliative trained staff to see palliative clients. They don't seem to understand what a casual worker means. And they seem to keep the bad workers and scare off the good workers. Horrible place of employment.
Pros
None.
Cons
No union for PSS, no guarantee of hours.
Lots of new skills learnt, little to no support.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2017
Learned and acquired so many new skills in my 5 years of employment. Very disorganized company and lacks support for their staff members.

Partnering agencies often create malicious work environments for their staff. Not very good at handling issues between staff within the organizations. Despite hard work and commitment to providing this unique service , overall you are not a valued employee.
Pros
Exciting and fast past
Cons
high burn out, malicious environment with partnering agencies = no support from management.
So far the best employer
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
My experience with Carefor was nothing but positive from the first day i started to the last day. I was a receptionist and I truly enjoyed working there. I didn't have the easiest position in the company being the receptionist and on the phone all day, but i knew i had Carefor behind me supporting me all the way. Going to work with Carefor was something I looked forward to every morning.
Pros
Allow me to help Carefor clients
Great place to work!
IT support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
I work in IT. Staff is extremely friendly and the corporate culture here is great!

Management promotes learning and advancement and is very supportive and flexible with employee needs and concerns.

Great place to work.
Great people, great support, very accessible managers and very friendly environment.
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 January 2017
I found it a really easy place to blend in. There's a lot of support from colleagues and management alike. There's, very often, something to celebrate with plenty of food and drinks and people to share with.

Though work can sometimes be very demanding, it's always reassuring to know that supervisors are always willing to help find a way out and get things going.
Great place to be
Client Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 September 2016
If you're in the business for caring for people, carefor is a great place to be. Management and scheduling staff are very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No benefits
Horrid place to work
District Coordinator PSS Department (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2016
Other than few people there being really nice Carefor is like a dog chasing its on tail over and over. very disorganized. Management is only worried about how they look as opposed how the place is actually ran and how the clients feel.

miss some of the good workers, carefor needs full overhaul of management to be a good place to work. in some areas very caddy and backstabbing attitude.

wouldn't;t recommend to my worst enemy.
Program/Guest House Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2016
Great place to work with wonderful people. Hard to get in without prior volunteer experience. This was not a posted position online. I volunteered with the company and was offered a job.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
start as casual status employment
Great not for profit agency
Billing / Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2016
Responsible for the billing of over 500 plus employees in the Healthcare field. Worked as ther AR clerk overseeing all of the collection calls and invoicing with CCAC and Veteran Affairs.I was responsible for the weekly banking deposits, as well as maintaining and accessing client files .I also was accredited for implementing their Goldcare programing through their telephony project.Met all deadlines and performed numerous clerical duties.
Pros
great employees
Cons
my first position was a great way to learn all programs
Supervisor in Home Services (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 November 2015
This was my first position and now I am supervisor of different programs. It has been a great experience. I would recommend this place for employment to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
repetitive
great place to work.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2013
Loved working at Carefor, Always had something to do never had a dull moment. Enjoyable work place. Always fast paced.
Pros
Always had something new to do.
Cons
Driving lots.
Fun Workplace with Fun People.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2013
I did home care, I went into clients houses and assisted them with daily living, and meal preparation, along with tidying up their homes.
friendly and interactive staff. Accommodating with flexible hours for family life
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2013
Been with company for 3 years and very happy. I wish to acquire more hours without travelling too far out of my district.
My best work experience with great co workers
Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2012
My best work experience with great co workers. Best place to get contract jobs and through this job i got lots of knowledge and train to be the best human resource assistant.
Pros
free bus passes and lots of benefits
Cons
only offer a contract jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carefor Health & Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Carefor Health & Community Services Reviews by Location