Carefor Health & Community Services

Carefor Health & Community Services Employee Reviews

It was all good at first lots of hours and the team was nice but after a while my hours drop drastic they don’t listen very well to your concerns and they are not very good helpers when it comes to dealing with a clients problem
Pros
Time efficient
Cons
Nobody listens to you and your issues they just want the job done
I've worked for this company for a number of years. I started out as a PSW and now work as an RPN. Overall, I feel that things run well. There's definitely some negatives like the workplace culture being very toxic at times, but I think the residents more than make up for that. The pay isn't ideal to start, but we're always working short staffed so there are plenty of opportunities to pick up shifts. Even if you're casual, you could work part time or full time hours if you want, which I think is good especially now with the covid restrictions because you can only work in one health care setting. Carefor isn't perfect, but I think it's a good fit for anyone who's starting out their career and needs to get some experience in their respective field.
Pros
The Residents and support staff are amazing.
Cons
The pay is slightly lower than average, workplace culture can be toxic at times, and management is over stretched making it tough for them to do their jobs.
I have enjoyed working at Carefor most of the time. The office staff is unionized so advancement because of accomplishment is rare. The corporate culture is slightly outdated but most of the upper management is working toward improving that.
You could not work for a better company. This place is family, our supervisors get in and do the work when short staffed. They also make sure family is #1. Amazing place!
Did not enjoy working for carefor at all. Very stressful high pressure job. Minimal support from management. Not technically advanced. Overall I felt very stressed working there. Minimal recognition of jobs well done.
I worked there for 5 years, overall it was a good experience but i changed my career from Health Industry to IT Industry and that is one and main reason I quit the job.
Carefor is great to work for, very slow advancement as it is a small company with very little full time staff. Work is more laid back then long term care as you actually get to spend time with clients
This place is ridiculous. Coworkers are backstabbing people who thrive on drama. Teamwork is almost nonexistent in this workplace. The pay is low, and management rarely look into any issues brought to their attention. The union protects useless coworkers. The residents are amazing people, the only upside to this job.
I was rushed through training. When asked if I felt comfortable to be on my own, I asked for more time. It was refused. When I needed 2 days for a family emergency out of the area, my position was terminated. It was unfair.
this is a work environment that does nothing to mitigate your stress levels, it is just an ever present issue. it is a fast paced environment that can often feel very overwhelming.
Management was very understanding and easy to talk to. Staff felt like family. The facility itself wasnt very homelike for the residents and felt more like an institution rather than a second home for them.
Management are nothing more than shady, backstabbing, narcissistic bullies. Their arrogant, useless Board is even worse. Most senior people are in positions they aren't remotely qualified for, no HR department, staff are grossly underpaid, no paid vacation in your first year of employment, no recognition for your contributions, management takes credit for the work and ideas of staff and if you question them, they fire you. ZERO job security. I was warned before I started, it was all true, wish I'd listened.
This company has many short shifts available in remote rural areas which did not suit my professional needs. I was sent to areas 50 km driving distance away for shifts that ranged between 4 to 6 hours. I did not find this position satisfactory as our initial working agreement stated I would be placed in Ottawa proper. I do not recommend working for this company unless you live close to the facilities they post you to work at, or don't mind spending a lot of time and money driving.
This is not a fair or ethical employer. You are easily reprimanded. Once in their black book, there’s no getting out. Job loss cones very quickly and the same excuse is used for all staff firing.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
They do no respect your private family time.
Carefor is the worst employer I have had the misfortune of being affiliated with. They expect you to work extra hours for free as they won’t pay overtime despite the workload exceeding the time you have to complete daily tasks. Further, you will be severely reprimanded for any failure to complete these tasks. The tacit understanding is that you will arrive early, skip lunch and stay late for free. The training offered is inadequate and leaves new staff unprepared to work alone which wouldn’t be a problem with supportive coworkers, which Carefor actively chases away in favour of a tenured staff of unhelpful bullies who relish throwing new staff under the bus to management and supervisors days after they’ve finished training them. This often results in resignation or firing of brand new staff. There is a lot of malicious gossip and with 0 job security a culture of blame has developed in which every problem leads to finger pointing from all sides. It is a unionized job but the contract is painstakingly written to ensure that anyone can be run out at any time for any reason and in my experience shop stewards will actively assist management against coworkers out of fear of job loss. Would advise looking elsewhere.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
Management only wants to stay in sunshine list
Terrible place to work, no communication, expected to work in different departments without salary adjustments. Managers barely interact with staff. Very low morale, nobody seems happy to be working there. They say “competitive wages”, the pay is terrible for the work that is expected.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Rude managers, terrible pay, very disorganized
Good luck getting management to respond to any concerns you have with client care. Add to that the constant double bookings and lack of reasonable travel time and it's a wonder they hire anybody without a time machine.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Poor management, minimal support, unrealistic travel time, double bookings
Management can be incredibly condescending and not willing to coach properly. They play favourites and no one is exactly what they seem to be.often asked to cover extra shifts. Managers offer very little recognition.
Didn't really get to know the company and how it work. Was just in to bring one department from one data program to another on a trail basis. Very hard to rate or tell you what it was like as I was with the company for a short time.
Pros
week day hours
Cons
only worked contact
I love my job so I can honestly say I did enjoy taking care of all my clients. As for the office I stayed away as much as possible except for supplies. Theirs no communication between coordinators and supervisors.
Pros
Clients are wonderful
Cons
Office no communication
The people ate carefree were nice and easy to work with. However, I found the tools/ software was outdated and there was a lot of room for process improvement initiative.
Pros
Nice working atmosphere
Cons
Processes outdated