CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Positive work space, nice managers and co-workers. I enjoy it. I like the CEO's attitude, and the clients are great. Carefirst Seniors and Community is a great place to work.
Cons
All the workers there are Cantonese. If you can't speak Cantonese fluently, they discriminated you so much. They gave all the difficult labor jobs to non-Cantonese workers. The management teams are totally junks.
Pros
Cons
Racial discrimination, Abusive, Bully
Carefirst is a nice company to work for, As far as the work atmosphere it is a nice place to come to work. The management is awesome. The company is very innovative.
Pros
Incenetives
Cons
Outdated office.
Doctors at this clinic are amazing. Ownership is poor. Management is lacking. Lack of training for job expectations. One positive was understanding of home issues from owner.
As a Lead Business Analyst I have the responsibility to be proactive in order to understand and assess business solutions and to identify areas to strengthen the operational effectiveness and excellence, leverage technology and improve the quality of process, programs or applications for the Business area(s). I elicit, analyze, document, validate, specify, verify, and manage the requirements and the needs of business area(s) or user(s) and translating these requirements into functional and/or technical specifications. The incumbent serves as the lead for the most complex enhancements, automations and implementations ensuring the business objectives are met. Providing a high level of technical and functional expertise, the incumbent serves as the conduit between the business area and the software development team
\i am doing volunteer positions, helping my boss to do night time programs with seniors peoples and cleaning up.............
I Gained more experience to working independently. And I
understand the important of motivation ,and encouragement. Working with Carefirst seniors and Community services gave me more opportunity in my careers to progress, to be a patient and compassionate care giver
Pros
community sharing
Cons
n/a
Care first seniors & community services association
 Basic bookkeeping and Files sorting

 Answered phones, managed mail,

 Simple tax for seniors

 Computer teacher

 Events planner
It is very good company. co-workers are ok. I learned computer skills.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
CareFirst Seniors September 2010-present
(Program Director)

• Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of assigned programs

• Provide leadership role in coordinating and monitoring the provision of service and programs

• Supervise all relevant professional staff ensuring performance development, assessment and agency expectations.

• Familiar, trained and capable of using of with Rai-Cha assessment tool.

• Plan, manage and supervise delivery of overall program in accordance with agency’s strategic directions

• Develop new initiatives and oversee daily operations of programs

• Oversee, manage and lead variety of new projects.

• Prepare funding and project proposals to all major funders

• Recruit, interview and select well- qualified staff

• Supervise service units’, staff performance management, training, development and discipline

• Convene tam meetings for planning, organization and evaluation of services and programs

• Educate and train staff re: ethics, client/staff safety, customer service, reporting

• Assist Executive Director in recommendations and proposals to the Board.
Pros
interesting ethno specific environment
Cons
job without parameters.