Career Teachers Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company to work with
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 May 2017
I have work with career teachers for 5 years and I don't regret working with them. Excellent in everything and have the most delightful staff. But due to the fact, I moved to Coventry I'm no longer with them but if I didn't move I would still be with them.
Fantastic energy
Overseas Liaison (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2017
My time at Career Teachers taught me so much, management was amazing and team members were extremely helpful. The work ethic was work hard and play hard.
I was able to receive a few pay rises while working there and my role was extremely rewarding. The hardest part of the job was to get everything done before the end of the day, so it was like a race yet this enabled me to prioritise and complete all my tasks in time.
Pros
great work environment, lots of energy
Cons
must be able to work with structure
Supportive management, great schools, great work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 November 2016
I've been supplying in London since February and have joined Career Teachers in May. I have been working with two agencies and Career Teachers is the one that I would recommend. The consultants with Career Teachers are very friendly and helpful on a day to day basis. There is also consistent work with Career Teachers even during down times like after half term. The daily rate is also higher than other agencies. Overall, it has been great working with Career Teachers and I highly recommend working with them.
Pros
Higher pay, friendly staff, consistent work
Consistent work!
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London29 November 2016
I’ve been with two agencies and Career Teachers pays more (though I have heard of other agencies paying even more).
Work is very consistent and I’ve never had a day without work since joining Career Teachers.
Staff are professional and helpful. And as an added bonus, the socials are great!
Pros
consistent work, high-mid pay
Cons
some agencies pay even more
Fantastic teaching agency
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2016
I have been supply teaching for Career Teachers for nearly two years now and rate the agency very highly. The consultants are friendly and approachable and they send me to a lot of outstanding schools. I was recommended Career Teachers by a friend and I too recommend them to all of my teacher friends. The rate of pay is higher than other agencies and they have plenty of work for supply teachers.
Pros
Lots of work, friendly
Career Teachers
DT Technician (Current Employee) –  DT TECHNICIAN15 November 2016
Firstly, Career Teachers had been very good to me as the secondary team are very supportive and friendly. They had have found me short to mid term work, temporary and pernament roles in schools across London.
They have a warm habit of calling me in the morning to work locally- they always make sure it is reasonable distance of travel. However, I highly recommend this agency for people who are starting their career in education.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Have to re-register after 6 months if found work elsewhere
Good experience
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London3 November 2016
So far my experiences with them have been great; I get regular work and in the areas I've asked for. They also do their best to pre-book me work, which is appreciated.
Review for Career teachers
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London South East23 October 2016
Decent agency would recommend, there's not always work available especially in my area

Never met the CEO of Career teachers N/A
Pros
Enjoy working with children, good for my confidence
Cons
Pay could be better, never have in my work in my area and some staff are rude
Friendly, flexible; am always paid on time
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  London south west13 October 2016
Plenty of local work to meet my specifications. I like that there's a no-fuss payroll system and no need to complete a timesheet.

PS regarding the question at the end of this survey, I have never met the CEO, nor am I aware of their input, so can't really comment.
Pros
Friendly, accessible and accommodating
Cons
Rates of pay - but no worse than orher agencies
Friendly staff and good amount of work supplied.
supply teacher (Current Employee) –  London16 August 2016
Friendly staff who keep in touch with you when finding supply teaching work.
Staff at Career Teachers do their best to get the most pay they can for you.
Wonderful staff and good courses
Teacher (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2016
The staff are really friendly. I am very particular with my work requirements but they were very obliging.
They pretty much get me as much work as I want and they obviously try hard to find you longer term or permanent appointments if that's what you want.
I particularly like the fact that you can keep a rest of changes through their free training courses.
Pros
Free training courses
very good professionals
Primary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
Career Teachers is a very helpful and professional agency when it comes to finding supply work as a relocated teacher in the UK. I've met very good professionals who are always ready to help.
What I also appreciate is the training courses I attended at the venue.
Friendly staff...
Maths Teacher (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
This is my second year working with Career teacher, and I'm happy with my consultant and the service offered by the company. I'm work two days in a week doing supply work in different schools across London, and they always give a school close to mine (or near by). I always been paid on time. I recommend this agency. Thanks.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Extended hours
Friendly staff
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Norwood, ENG15 November 2015
Busy temp agency. Staff very helpful and approachable. Staff working there are hard working, finding the right positions for their temp staff.
Helpful Staff and nice schools
Nursery Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 May 2014
I have worked for Career Teachers for a number of years now and have always been impressed by their professionalism, welcoming nature and knowledgeable attitude when it comes to teaching. I have recently been to some of their training days, just to keep myself up to scratch on everything education and it was great! Really worth going to.
Pros
Great consultants, good schools, lots of work
Cons
More training days would be great!
Great consultants and Great school
PE Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, ENG27 May 2014
I am so happy I came to Career Teachers. The school I am working in now is great, the pupils are well behaved and the facilities can really let teachers teach.
A typical day at work is going to my form group, finding out how they all are, teaching PE all day and then saying goodbye to my form group.
Finally found a job I love!
Pros
Great schools
Organised well and loads of work
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, ENG27 May 2014
Career Teachers really helped me after I decided to move to London, and I now spend sometime in Hertfordshire, but jobs wise its fine as they have great relationships with schools around as well as in London.

They can offer supply, short term or long term work. I needed Supply/ Cover to work around other commitments. It was great most weeks I work every day, but when I can't they understand.

A typical day is first finding the school, your consultant can always help you with this, then you sign in, get taken to your class and given your timetable for the day. Very easy and no stress.
Pros
Easy, no stress, good pay
Cons
Can't always be sent back to the same schools
Good and productive workplace
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2013
Career Teachers are very timely, send me to good schools. My payment is prompt. It makes me flexible and I am always there for work. I go for continuous professional development with them and provide me with jobs which is near our house.
Great Company to work
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London13 April 2013
Nice and personable staff
Support and training available to help further my skills and career
Pros
support and training
Cons
short notice for assignments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6