Career China

Career China Employee Reviews

I taught english in china for a year and the hours were great and I really loved teaching but the management was horrible. they told us to come over on a tourist visa and then we worked illegally for a month while waiting to get our work visa. they constantly made promises they did not keep. Do not teach English through Career China, use a different organization that is better managed
So, this company is looking for ESL teachers. I have a language degree and and a teaching degree and have completed graduate work in linguistics. I have taught ESL. What could possibly be the reason for not even getting an interview? I think, perhaps, it's something else...maybe a little age discrimination...that's the only thing I can think of. So, it was surprising to not to pass the first screening. Perhaps, I dodged a bullet either way...
Official response from Career China
2 September 2019
Thank you for your review. Our outreach team will screen all applications and process them based on the eligibility for the visa for ESL positions. If you do not qualify for the legal working visa, we do not proceed with an application. Please send an email to customerservice@careerchina.com, we can look into you application and be able to give more detailed information about why the application was unsuccessful.
Please do not apply to work in China through this company. They are a dodgy recruitment company and will rip you off. You can find a much better contract with days off and holidays etc if you apply directly with the language schools. I left my well paid job and flat etc behind bevause I was so excited to work with Career China. Anything they tell you at recruitment is just to convince you to sign a contraxt. The recruitment team.are sales.people. Once.you sign the contract.youll realise notjing they promised you is going to be upheld. atrecruitment is just to get.you excited and to sign a.con
Pros
None!
Cons
They are con men
Official response from Career China
29 August 2019
Thank you for your review. Your case is being looked into in detail. We apologize you have found yourself in this situation. The Chinese authorities require all documentation for the visa to be submitted at the same time. In situations where a TEFL, or something like this, is not submitted with other documents there will be delays. It should be made clear to candidates that the start date is an estimated date, due to the slightly unpredictable nature of the visa process. We apologize if this was not made clear to you, or the visa process was unclear. We are reviewing all communication to improve this. We are also working with your recruiter to find alternative employers with suitable start dates in an attempt to improve your situation quickly.
Career China is always changing and growing in new ways, which keeps the work experience exciting and dynamic. You get to interact with different people all over the world, and you mostly operate from your laptop. It's a flexible and challenging work atmosphere. The future at Career China is bright.
  1. Employee reviews