CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD. Employee Reviews

I would recommend Carecore for people who are retired , or students .
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 April 2019
Carecore Health is a place of work that is accommodating, friendly, just not enough guaranteed hours to sustain a livable income. I would recommend this company and have the highest regard for them.
Official response from CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.
29 April 2019

Hi!

First of all, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review!

We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!

Very chaotic but lots of fun!
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2019
I started when the company just opened an office in Ottawa, so it was a bit chaotic. I was called in for majority of night shifts as I don't think the other employees wanted to take them. I always took them as I am a student and took whatever shifts I could get. I really enjoyed the job but it was hard to balance with my life as there wasn't a balance between night and day shifts.
Very good attitude staffs, on time paying but minimum salary
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2019
Always has shift offers for you regarding to your availability. Hard part when you are in floor duty and hospital staffs are taking advantage of you, you have tobe very patient sometimes.
fun to be with
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 December 2018
helps you improve your Nursing skills and gain experience. Learned to adjust in different settings and area in the hospital. Management is ok and flexible.
Great place to work if you're interested in medicine
Patient Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 December 2018
Great insight into medicine.
Long hours of work and some frequent job cancellations.
I've learnt a lot concerning nursing.
You should expect to work at different medical institutitions
Pros
breaks and medical insight
its a good company
psw (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
its a good company the only problem is if you assign to work to emergency room sometimes when the hospital doesn't need you they will call you and cancel your shift.
Pros
Cons
sometimes cancel shift
Experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  TORONTO, ON23 August 2018
Its
a great growth experience to build if your career path involves healthcare services. very professional experience, I would encourage you to experience it for yourself.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Random Shift Cancellations
Great, caring staff always there to help
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
The staff at the Toronto office is great - they are very friendly, always there to help answer questions and resolve any issues. Plus, they are very quick to offer new assignments.
productive
psw (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
nice managment,learn lot of new things, great opportunity to enhance skills, meets different kinds of people,flexible,motivational, safe environment.overall good
productive
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
nice experience to do work with carecor health services. great opportunity to enhance skills. interaction with different people in the workplace. overall good.
Disappointed
Data Entry Clerk (on call) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2017
I got hired as a Data entry clerk on-call and in the job posting it said you must be available minimum 45 hours a month. Well guess what? I got hired back in August and ever since then I have not received one call to work a shift. Waste of my time...its been 3 months and I am really upset and disappointed...
so so
former employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
Guaranteed 150 hrs per month, on call basis so you don't know what location you are going you still have to wait. Staff bothers to call you even if you're on duty or resting from night shift. No benefits. Minimum wage plus they deduct the tax. You cannot say no to an assignment.
Pros
hospital exposure.
Cons
no benefits. minimum wage.
It was ok
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 August 2017
Worked there when they had runs throughout Windsor. Was really fun and fast paced and upbeat people. Definitely kept you moving. Meeting new ppl daily. Was a fun job. Had to know your way around. But when they got outbid I was one let go
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Excellent people and management. Employees were treated fairly and with respect. Pay was minimal, but contract security is known for low wages. Guards were treated good.
its okay
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  multiple hospitals10 August 2017
Its overall pretty good, lots of shifts low pay for the job, the office doesn't always communicate with each other and call you for multiple job sights at one time
Pros
flexible
Cons
traveling around
good job
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
worked for this company for just a short time because of going back to school. while I was there they had great management and good wages. it was a 3rd party company so I was working at a long term care home under them
Pros
flexable hours good pay
Cons
11.45 per hour in Toronto.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2017
I used to work there only one month.
They send their psws only to hospitals. Well... i got 11.45 $ for start!!!!! Not even 12 dollars.....
They have huge expectations, dont provide any training. I have switched this company for another one- and got 19 $ for start. Shame on you Carecor!!!!
Pros
You can have hospital settings expierience
Cons
No job security, low salary
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Decent Fair management good place to work decent culture and good work mates no job security no union no health benefits but the management the people and the costumer made it worthwhile
Overworked and underpaid.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
For this type of work, you are better off working with another company...simply for the fact that you will be doing the exact same job in the exact same places, for a wage you might actually be able to live off of. The pay with carecor ($12/hr) is honestly degrading in my opinion. There's people flipping burgers and making more per hour. Combine that with the inconsistent schedule and long hours (you can expect to work 12+ hours with no break as per their policy for certian private assignments) and you will burn out very quickly from this job. In addition you are required to pay your own parking (usually between $15-$25 per day), as well as a cell phone, and receive no compensation whatsoever. If you want to actually make money at work, don't work here.
Pros
Great to work in a hospital environment
Cons
long hours, underpaid, no compensation for work related expenses
Best PSW company to join!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2016
Typical day at work:
Assist with activities of daily living.
Observation.

What i learned?
I learned a lot in medicine.

Management:
The whole staff is amazing.

Coworkers:
My PSW coworkers all have the passion for helping others, most of them are Registered Nurses from other countries
As a PSW, you are working with other health care professionals as a team, make sure to communicate with everyone on patient care, so you are ready for each and every shift.

Hardest part of the job are inconsistent hours, day, evening, night, weekdays, weekends, and the transportation can be an issue.

Most enjoyable part of the job?
Getting to privilege to work in the hospitals

As far as salary, they are paying standard salary like other companies, it's not the company, but the wage gap in the health care system, not the company. Health care system (hospitals, workers, medical supplies, etc) have limited funds, as a result, this reflects the wages.

If you care about the money, then go for a home based PSW job. If you care about the hospital experience, then I highly recommend CareCor Inc as your choice to join because of their hospital affiliation, their amazing staffing office, and caring management, who meets once a year to listen to our concerns, to make improvements in the company.
Pros
Hospital Affiliation, experience, almost guaranteed job placement
Cons
Various shifts (D/E/N), Hours (0-48hrs week), Days (Sun-Sat), Locations (wide range to travel)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.

CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD. Reviews by Location