CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.

CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD. Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
They are friendly and understanding
I noticed end of year activities for bonding is not done, birthdays not celebrated for their staffs and there should be room for salary increment. Staffing is great.
They are good compay as well as coordinaors very friendly
They will give you guaranteed hours. Very flexible and accomodating. Salary rate is minimum wage nit enough but they just follow what the peovince rate. Hopefully one day they would increase the salary. I like working with this company even salary is not enough but we have guaranteed hours.
Would not recommend
I would not recommend this job to any new grad or newer nurse (as it is advertised by the director during the interview and on the website). This job should only be for an experienced nurse. The interview process made it seem like this was a job for new grads to gain experience and its just not. They put us on extremely heavy, short floors and do not provide the education that we need. The two nursing supervisors are really nice and basically always available for help and support but it is not enough for the type of job that this company expects us to do. This company doesn't pay for accommodations as the other companies do. You are not unionized so you have basically no coverage for issues and they continually put you into unsafe situations and patient ratios. I wouldn't work for this company again and wouldn't recommend it.
4 February 2020
Thank you for writing a review. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

We’re sorry to hear of your program experience, that's not what we like to hear. We’re normally known for our exceptional service to our employees and clearly stated expectations. We frequently connect with our travel nurses in person and provide anonymous surveys to gather feedback on how we can improve the program. Our current records indicate that that our travel nurses scored the experience quite high. We apologize if you feel that your experience has been a poor one and that you were not given proper details so you could make informed decision to participate.

Traditional travel nursing programs place nurses in one facility on very short term assignments (i.e., 2weeks). Participants earn a great income, enjoy job security, and get paid to see various parts of the country. In comparison, nurses join our 9-12-month program for the sole reason to secure a variety of certifications and hours to work experience which are required by acute care facilities in their home province. For instance, new grad RPNs and RNs in Ontario can not work in acute care facilities unless they have 1500 hours of medicine or surgery acute care experience. For this reason, we created our version of the travel nursing program to help new grads. https://www.carecor.com/areas-of-work/patient-care/travel-nursing-program/

During initial conversations with candidates for the program, personal expense coverage (i.e. accommodations and company covered expenses (i.e. return airfare travel) are presented for
 - more...
Carecor is a great company to work for.The staffing knows me now. Whenever I called they knows it me.
Love working at carcor. I would recommend carecor to family and friends. I only wish that we could get raise in 2020 for both positions. But,
it a great company.
Hi <Insert Name/No name if anonymous>,

Thank you for writing a review! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and noted areas of improvement. We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!
Working as a nurse ate Carecor
Great management team, 90% schedulers are great at their job , some do sound rude and abrupt, it's hard to set a schedule as nurses recalled last minute for a shift, one has to be always ready if a call comes so basically theres no life! They do provide benefits which doesn't necessarily work out well at times if you only get one shift a week.
This company may be great for PSW who can have a full time position but nurses are only casual and on call.
Personal Support Worker
Its good to work in Carecor it's very compitative and the process of learning new things about medical procedures are very useful, dealing with different kind of patient case are always challenging.
8 January 2020
First of all, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We are able to offer PSWs a diverse units to work in and we're so glad you enjoy working with us

Thanks again!
good Agency
i work in different hospitals for carecor. they have the shifts and i work them. so its kinda hard to give an opinion. i deal with them on the phone so far so good
In general it is a good work place except for it is a minimum wage type company
The general work environment is good. It would have even better if they have skill updating trainings and new skills upgrading programs.Some kind of incentive methods such as salary increments and bonuses after a certain period might be useful to keep the staff motivated and feel their efforts appreciated by the company.
Good organization.They work with so many great facilities, but no good and liveable wages for psw . We work hard and need better pay !
Its nice working here but pay not good. They can do better.
They work with great facilities , they need to pay their personal support workers a better wage .
Pros
Good staffing coordinators. Very professional and shifts available!
Cons
No good wages for psw. They should pay better .
Great Comapny
Good experience and great management. Workers are nice and friendly. Culture is great, management is supportive and helpful to excel in the role. Overall good company to work for.
12 August 2019
Thank you for writing a review! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback.
Great workplace
They provide an excellent, supportive work environment, and strive to match you with ideal work locations that suit your skill levels and desires. Highly recommended!
12 August 2019
Thank you so much for your review!

We're glad that you're having such a great experience with us!
I would recommend Carecore for people who are retired , or students .
Carecore Health is a place of work that is accommodating, friendly, just not enough guaranteed hours to sustain a livable income. I would recommend this company and have the highest regard for them.
29 April 2019
Hi!

We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!
Highly recommended
Working in an immunization clinic in the community gave me excellent exposure to the public. I learned different types of immunizations given to the students, knowledge of side effects, adverse effects and anaphylaxis treatment. All in all, a good company to work with.
Very chaotic but lots of fun!
I started when the company just opened an office in Ottawa, so it was a bit chaotic. I was called in for majority of night shifts as I don't think the other employees wanted to take them. I always took them as I am a student and took whatever shifts I could get. I really enjoyed the job but it was hard to balance with my life as there wasn't a balance between night and day shifts.
Very good attitude staffs, on time paying but minimum salary
Always has shift offers for you regarding to your availability. Hard part when you are in floor duty and hospital staffs are taking advantage of you, you have tobe very patient sometimes.
fun to be with
helps you improve your Nursing skills and gain experience. Learned to adjust in different settings and area in the hospital. Management is ok and flexible.
Great place to work if you're interested in medicine
Great insight into medicine.
Long hours of work and some frequent job cancellations.

I've learnt a lot concerning nursing.

You should expect to work at different medical institutitions
Pros
breaks and medical insight
its a good company
its a good company the only problem is if you assign to work to emergency room sometimes when the hospital doesn't need you they will call you and cancel your shift.
Pros
Cons
sometimes cancel shift
Experience
Its
a great growth experience to build if your career path involves healthcare services. very professional experience, I would encourage you to experience it for yourself.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Random Shift Cancellations
Great, caring staff always there to help
The staff at the Toronto office is great - they are very friendly, always there to help answer questions and resolve any issues. Plus, they are very quick to offer new assignments.
productive
nice managment,learn lot of new things, great opportunity to enhance skills, meets different kinds of people,flexible,motivational, safe environment.overall good
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.