CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.

CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD. Employee Reviews

it's a good place to work in your early 20's

You are basically sitting in a chair for 12 hour shifts. you are placed on a rotating schedule if you're full time of 4 12 hour shifts per week. Two weeks are day shifts 7am-7pm, and the next two weeks are evenings 3-11, 3-9, or overnight 7pm-7am. I found this very difficult to switch back and forth. And you don't have a choice of your shifts unless you drop your availability down to part time. Staff does work with you to accommodate you, but their hands are also tied.

Pros

easy work, 3 breaks

Cons

long hours if you're not used to 12 hour days, you don't get to choose your hours, it can be boring sitting in a chair for 12 hours a day, application process is very long and you have to jump through alot of hoops

Hospital Settings

Working with Carecor via Hospital Settings with many various hospital sites all I can say was I enjoyed working at carecor , Never have that moment that I was thinking of moving out or change this agency, though I get satisfied working with carecor, all the staffing are sincerely doing all their best to give you your suiting schedules, very approachable and caring , I always missed all of them and I'd like to go back and work with carecor again , I'm coming back soon. I will almost finish fixing my Immigration papers. Wish to be back soon after my PR kick's in.See you guys🌸💝🎁💚🥰♥️

Pros

Christmas get together

Cons

No enough schedule for you if you missed calling them back🤣

Great agency to gain some experience with

I’ve been working for this agency through the vaccination process for the last several months and love the flexibility I have with making my own schedule or picking up last minute shifts if need be. They are responsive and helpful, accommodating, also provide some coverage with benefits. So far, I can’t complain.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Unsure of long term employment opportunities.

26 July 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review!We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!

Its a place to work

They don't seem to understand what it means to work casual, they will pressure you into taking shifts, not understanding about the need to be flexible, as someone who has a busy life, and trying to balance school as well, they lack true flexibility.

26 July 2021
Thank you for writing a review, we sincerely appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’re sorry to hear that you’re having an unfavourable experience. We always have work available and are proud to provide so many opportunities so you can accept as much work as you like. Making sure our healthcare providers have flexibility in scheduling is a priority. If you agreed to join our team working casually then are required to be available to work a minimum of two shifts per month which are each 8-12 hours in length. After completing your two shifts for the month then it is acceptable to decline opportunities if you wish. Our team will still connect to let you know about shifts in case you’d like to work; however, it is not mandated and does not reflect poorly on your performance if you do not accept. We want to provide employment solutions that fit your needs. We would like the opportunity to get an understanding as to what we can do better, so if you would like to discuss this further, please contact humanresources@carecor.com. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards a better relationship.

Nice staffing, very flexible team, more choices of hospitals to work

They always try their best to give you a shift to your availability. Customer service or support team is available 24/7. Flexible to you incase you need to cancel a shift

Pros

8 or 12 hours shift available

2 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback. We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!

Each branch is different.

I know nurses who work with Toronto Carecor & are very happy. Great pay and hospital shifts. Ottawa branch is unbelievably unprofessional. Offered pay rate below what a new grad would get (for more than 15 yrs experience). There are no benefits and the recruiter was beyond rude. No professionalism. They are clearly pocketing the difference. Having worked both Canada & the U.S., the problem in Canada is that there are no real travel nurse agencies that cover all provinces. A real agency would put them out of business easily in less than a year.

Pros

None.

Cons

Low pay, no schedule, no length of contract, no benefits, no guaranteed shifts, etc., etc.

They are good compay as well as coordinaors very friendly

They will give you guaranteed hours. Very flexible and accomodating. Salary rate is minimum wage nit enough but they just follow what the peovince rate. Hopefully one day they would increase the salary. I like working with this company even salary is not enough but we have guaranteed hours.

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this job to any new grad or newer nurse (as it is advertised by the director during the interview and on the website). This job should only be for an experienced nurse. The interview process made it seem like this was a job for new grads to gain experience and its just not. They put us on extremely heavy, short floors and do not provide the education that we need. The two nursing supervisors are really nice and basically always available for help and support but it is not enough for the type of job that this company expects us to do. This company doesn't pay for accommodations as the other companies do. You are not unionized so you have basically no coverage for issues and they continually put you into unsafe situations and patient ratios. I wouldn't work for this company again and wouldn't recommend it.

4 February 2020
Thank you for writing a review. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.We’re sorry to hear of your program experience, that's not what we like to hear. We’re normally known for our exceptional service to our employees and clearly stated expectations. We frequently connect with our travel nurses in person and provide anonymous surveys to gather feedback on how we can improve the program. Our current records indicate that that our travel nurses scored the experience quite high. We apologize if you feel that your experience has been a poor one and that you were not given proper details so you could make informed decision to participate. Traditional travel nursing programs place nurses in one facility on very short term assignments (i.e., 2weeks). Participants earn a great income, enjoy job security, and get paid to see various parts of the country. In comparison, nurses join our 9-12-month program for the sole reason to secure a variety of certifications and hours to work experience which are required by acute care facilities in their home province. For instance, new grad RPNs and RNs in Ontario can not work in acute care facilities unless they have 1500 hours of medicine or surgery acute care experience. For this reason, we created our version of the travel nursing program to help new grads. https://www.carecor.com/areas-of-work/patient-care/travel-nursing-program/During initial conversations with candidates for the program, personal expense coverage (i.e. accommodations and company covered expenses (i.e. return airfare travel) are presented for -

They are friendly and understanding

I noticed end of year activities for bonding is not done, birthdays not celebrated for their staffs and there should be room for salary increment. Staffing is great.

Carecor is a great company to work for.The staffing knows me now. Whenever I called they knows it me.

Love working at carcor. I would recommend carecor to family and friends. I only wish that we could get raise in 2020 for both positions. But, it a great company.

8 January 2020
Hi <Insert Name/No name if anonymous>,Thank you for writing a review! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and noted areas of improvement. We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!

Jobs at CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.

See more jobs

Working as a nurse ate Carecor

Great management team, 90% schedulers are great at their job , some do sound rude and abrupt, it's hard to set a schedule as nurses recalled last minute for a shift, one has to be always ready if a call comes so basically theres no life! They do provide benefits which doesn't necessarily work out well at times if you only get one shift a week. This company may be great for PSW who can have a full time position but nurses are only casual and on call.

Personal Support Worker

Its good to work in Carecor it's very compitative and the process of learning new things about medical procedures are very useful, dealing with different kind of patient case are always challenging.

8 January 2020
First of all, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We are able to offer PSWs a diverse units to work in and we're so glad you enjoy working with usThanks again!

good Agency

i work in different hospitals for carecor. they have the shifts and i work them. so its kinda hard to give an opinion. i deal with them on the phone so far so good

In general it is a good work place except for it is a minimum wage type company

The general work environment is good. It would have even better if they have skill updating trainings and new skills upgrading programs.Some kind of incentive methods such as salary increments and bonuses after a certain period might be useful to keep the staff motivated and feel their efforts appreciated by the company.

Good organization.They work with so many great facilities, but no good and liveable wages for psw . We work hard and need better pay !

Its nice working here but pay not good. They can do better. They work with great facilities , they need to pay their personal support workers a better wage .

Pros

Good staffing coordinators. Very professional and shifts available!

Cons

No good wages for psw. They should pay better .

Great Comapny

Good experience and great management. Workers are nice and friendly. Culture is great, management is supportive and helpful to excel in the role. Overall good company to work for.

12 August 2019
Thank you for writing a review! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback.

Great workplace

They provide an excellent, supportive work environment, and strive to match you with ideal work locations that suit your skill levels and desires. Highly recommended!

12 August 2019
Thank you so much for your review! We're glad that you're having such a great experience with us!

I would recommend Carecore for people who are retired , or students .

Carecore Health is a place of work that is accommodating, friendly, just not enough guaranteed hours to sustain a livable income. I would recommend this company and have the highest regard for them. .

29 April 2019
Hi!First of all, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We’re so happy you enjoy being part of the Carecor team!

Highly recommended

Working in an immunization clinic in the community gave me excellent exposure to the public. I learned different types of immunizations given to the students, knowledge of side effects, adverse effects and anaphylaxis treatment. All in all, a good company to work with.

Very chaotic but lots of fun!

I started when the company just opened an office in Ottawa, so it was a bit chaotic. I was called in for majority of night shifts as I don't think the other employees wanted to take them. I always took them as I am a student and took whatever shifts I could get. I really enjoyed the job but it was hard to balance with my life as there wasn't a balance between night and day shifts.

Very good attitude staffs, on time paying but minimum salary

Always has shift offers for you regarding to your availability. Hard part when you are in floor duty and hospital staffs are taking advantage of you, you have tobe very patient sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD. with

• CARECOR HEALTH SERVICES LTD.