Work wellbeing score is 68 out of 100

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Canada118 reviews

Found 118 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,956 reviews
healthshifteasyfriendlytrainingbenefitlongenvironment

If you work they will bend over backwards for you

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits,overtime job advancment ,they will always support you if you show ambition & help you in moving upWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?meeting time lines when you start & being error freeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?deepends on the supervisor & the shift & the dept.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Most of the time good as I do like working

Amazing place to work!

I loved every bit of working here! From the people to the work! I wouldn’t have left if I didn’t have to move! The benefits, the pay, the workload is great!

Insights into Cardinal Health

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Fun and productive place

Loved it here! If it weren’t for the slow growth, I would not have left. The people are nice, benefits as well as pension. Hours arent bad. Overtime here and there.

Fantastic

What is the best part of working at the company?Great place to work, supervisors are helpful and understanding.Dorval warehouse is an enjoyable place to work in.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress just make sure you do your order and no mistakes.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?French/English they all spoken with no issues.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Spend few hours picking orders than spend few hours loading trucks

Best for students

If you looking for part-time job as a student, there is no company more flexible than cardinal. I was lucky to find a job here when I needed the most.

Good company

It's a great company to work for. Benefits, pay is great. Great people to work with. Lots of overtime available. Management and supervisors are all great people.

Talks a big game about being essential to healthcare but far from it

No action is taken. No decisions are made. Solutions exist but would rather let patients die than make a decision. When in doubt, blame the US or Health Canada. Lack of accountability or intelligence. Have any healthcare problems? Don't work here, there's no compassion and they love to watch people suffer.

Pros

Joking right? None

Cons

Avoid cuz too many to list

Productive workplace

Nice management and not too overloaded on work. Training is provided and can have a hybrid work schedule.Could use more engagement within the team for work from home

Lack of growth

Great sense of purpose, vision and impact across Canadian healthcareLack of growth, no career advancement and opportunitiesLack of leadership and mentorship

Mediocre

Not a great company to work for. Pay goes nowhere, management are incompetent, no perks, high turnover rate, no appreciation for the work you do, just treated like the average joe.

Pros

Cons

Overtime rare

there is nothing good to say

Toxic culture, pitiful pay, high turnover, body-breaking work. The swing shift keeps many workers in a perpetual state of being too exhausted to look for better work. The changes for the worse happened so incrementally that the more senior employees became accustomed, and don't understand how painful the expectations have become to newbies. The seasoned employees' specialization should be compensated properly (fairly, competitively), but the output goalposts just move further away. This makes it hard for new employees to acclimatize, and few stay.Employee feedback is taken and ignored, and the workplace has the bleak resigned feeling of a stockyard. When people leave, replacements are rare- someone junior just absorbs the tasks and doesn't get a raise, title change, or any kind of compensation. Employees are not rewarded for hard work except for occasional meal-days where giant bulk Costco-purchases are divided between the shift crews. Holiday company 'gifts' are a cheap joke. Work was required during the pandemic, but some Covid protocols were unenforced by management. Management referred to employees as heroes, and then were overt about finding excuses to deny people a raise of more than five cents.

Pros

Cons

mandatory overtime, high pressure, fast-pace, shift work

Good place to work for

At Cardinal Health you will feel welcomed and appreciated. Cardinal health is the number one healthcare provider and at Cardinal you will see why. Cardinal health is always trying to figure out how to improve patient outcomes and solutions for all levels of healthcare

Pros

3 weeks of vacation to start off with

Cons

Pay increase is slow

Productive and interesting materials to learn.

Is A good company to work,specially when you learn a lot ,also I worked for 12 years still good, but the management needs more support to lead the employees in the same direction.

Pros

Not incentives

Cons

Overtime

good benefits

Very unfriendly and rude senior staff, bullying new members. The new employee doesn't have the machinery to get the job done, and has to beg the old employee for help, because the old employee takes over all the machinery, but the company requires you to hit your daily job quota. If you fail to meet the quota, it will directly affect the salary adjustment next year. My first salary increase is seven cents, but the worse one is three cents,no kidding.

Horribly wrong culture

This place was appalling to be involved in. I was there less than 6 months and make an active effort to forget my time in that setting.The leadership team are clearly friends and family members helping one another get jobs and promotions. Formal Education and training be damned. The uneducated are running the show. This plant is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Current employees couldn't care less if the place closed. And it's justified..

Never the same day twice

Working here for the past 14 years has afforded me ample growth opportunities in a diverse and inclusive environment. Cardinal Health Canada retains talent by encouraging internal and cross-departmental promotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a certain degree of autonomy to plan and execute my daily routine as I deem necessary. This allows me to build solid relationships and remain well connected to all my customers.

Pros

Tuition Program, C.A.R.E. committee, competitive medical benefits.

Cons

MBA required for most management level positions.

Culture toxique

Vous êtes juste un numéro. Aucune considération. Toujours en donner plus et rien en retour. Il faut être un Yes man pour avancer.

Pros

Les gens sont sympa

Cons

Superviseur de plancher dépassé

Great place to start off

It’s a good place to start-off working, especially if you are an domestic/international student in Canada.Plenty of shifts and management is great.The workload may overwhelm at times but that is expected I guess. The pay for part-timers is quite low actually, so that would be something nice to have more on.

Stable and enjoyable

Cardinal health strives to prioritize work environment while clarifying specific objectives that are expected of employees. If looking for a stable, full time employment, Cardinal health is the go-to.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Awesome company to work. Specifically work culture is good.

No job security I was on contract . In spite of working for 2 years still need to prove in interview to get the permanent role. Otherwise wise management is good work culture is good

Good Place to Work

Cardinal Health is a good organization to work. In my experience, I haven't seen any politics going. Lots of internal opportunities for growth and across functions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement