Cardinal Couriers Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ok Part time job, not a career.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 September 2018
The job is not mentally taxing, you unload and sort boxes up to 2000 per night in a 5-hour time frame. The job tends to be physically demanding with some breaks between the physical exertion.

One of the worst parts of the job is the dirt. You arrive clean and you leave with a grey film on your skin. Another is the laughable "training" that happens there, though my Supervisor seemed to be aware of that fact and created various training aids to help. He seemed to care a great deal about staff morale and I know he quite often went to bat for us for fair treatment, like a shift premium for the night shift. He even ended up arguing with the CEO of the company himself for the premium, which we managed to get. He is leaving the company out of frustration and the quality of management will go downhill again probably.

The general workplace culture is absentee management, except when a mistake is made, then you can expect a call from the Terminal Manager telling you that you had screwed up. Most of the people that work there have no other place to go and as a result, tend to stay there out of desperation.
Cons
Poor management, dirt.
Official response from Cardinal Couriers Ltd.
17 September 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
I also appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to employee training, compensation and type of work. With regards to employee training, the HR team is in the process of setting up a formal new hire onboarding program for our warehouse team members. This will provide some additional training to staff that will improve the ramp-up experience. With regards to compensation, we are constantly evaluating our compensation and benefit packages for employees, with the aim to provide the best, affordable overall experience for our employees. We feel that with a compensation package that today includes a base hourly wage, vacation and benefits eligibility (after six months for full-time staff) we offer a competitive package that rewards long term employees. Our CEO, along with our leadership team and supervisors, is in support of that.

With regards to the cleanliness factor, I’ll have to see if there is anything we can do or setup to mitigate what you’re seeing. I’ll speak to the management team and go from there.

As always, if you want to comment further, please don’t hesitate to email us at hr@cardinalcouriers.com.

Need new manager
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 August 2018
Not good place manager lie all the time change punch clock whenever he want make poor decision that endanger employees. If they want to keep their driver change manager
Pros
Was good run
Cons
Bad manager
Tough General Labour job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Putnam, ON6 July 2018
Extremely physically demanding.Job requires to be extremely physically fit, being a general labour job which involves a great deal of lifting of heavy objects of as much as 106 lbs.
Wonderful company
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Wonderful company! That's all I can say. I enjoyed working for them, i would definitely work there again if i need a part-time job, especially in their warehouse environment.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Fantastic company
Intern, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
Enjoyed working here; great environment, people, culture, etc. Managers are very encouraging and care about developing employees. Flexible work-life balance.
My work experience was great loved this job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2018
Straight nights or afternoons if this works for you. It's a great place to work. This job was the best job I ever had the pay was great and the work experience was awesome.
Challenging but rewarding job
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
My time with Cardinal was very rewarding. I gained lots of experience in professional driving, sorting and loading freight, using a scanner and customer service. I also gained experience in time management since courier work is time sensitive.
Pros
Lots of good exercise loading and unloading freight.
Cons
Winter driving.
Working nights
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Very slow and lots of waiting around for trucks to arrive then it gets kinda crazy and hectic. Forklift drives at a very fast rate of speed, dangerous at times.
Room to advance
Purchaser, Lease Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Depending on the department, the manager can be personable or not; criticism can be constructive or caustic.When the latter, the workplace feels poisoned.
Plenty of opportunity to advance.
Regular moral boosting.
Fun workplace.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
It's a good environment to work with, team friendly. However, it's benefits not in its best especially for person with family. People are fun filled, creative individuals with knowledge about their work and willing to share ideas with others.
Pros
Good, team friendly environment.
Cons
Benefits are not free and no pension plan provided.
Fun to work with people who are considerate
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2017
People are fun to work with. Everyday is a new challenge when it comes to collecting payments from customers. Workplace is diversed, enjoyable part is LUNCH
no responsible
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
don't know how they are now. started out good, but did not like how customers property was being handled.
it was getting to be to hard to keep up with the demands of the company.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
only cares about themselves
Very busy and physically demanding
Night Operations/Destination Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 January 2017
Good place to work for students or people looking for additional work at night. Very physically demanding work and fast paced.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
low pay
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  400 Brunel Road Mississauga27 May 2016
I like the environment working with co-workers very friendly and cooperative. Cash Posting is a kind of challenge because everyday there are a lot of cheques, EFT Processing of cards and lots of rec of accounts.
Pros
Free Gas
Cons
No Lunches
productive workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  rexdale / islington11 May 2016
preformed heavy lifting duties

fast paced problem solving environment

team work oriented

management was very understanding yet no nonsence
Nice work environment, however occasionally chaotic and excessively demanding
Camionneur (Former Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC7 March 2016
A typical day was arrive at 18:00,determined trailer, inspect equipment, drive Montreal West and perform various pickups (minimum 2, up to 7) return to Cardinal hub in Point-aux-trembles were the loads from various trucks would be balanced and prepared for the line hauls, upon confirmation that my trailer was ready, i would perform a line haul/switch to Quebec, upon returning to Point-aux-trembles I would pin to a pre-specified trailer and drop it at a client on boul des grand prairie, typical finishing time was 5:00AM
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
occasionally chaotic and excessively demanding
sucks
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2016
I don't like the way my work is being managed the i'm constantly being put down on everyday basis the hours are riddicules
Cons
Productive, Very vad managment, Shop guys do to much.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Putnam, ON10 February 2016
Horrible place to work, Many laws broken in this warehouse. Management and employees smoke within the warehouse, Lots of anger problems as well with management. Also let you drive forklift with no license or in house training. very dangerous and unsafe place to work.
Pros
3 hour lunch
Cons
16 hour shifts, Lots of illegal activity.
A good place to start
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2015
A great place to learn and apply new skills and knowledge I learned in the Human Resource Management Program (taken at Sheridan College). The role was very challenging, required a great deal of patience, ability to multi-task and coordination with employees and management.
A medium sized company, which had many great employees, but was also open to political scrutiny and favouritism. If given the opportunity, the company allows for much growth and further learning opportunities.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Disorganized
WORST place I've ever worked.
Billing Customer Services (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2015
Co-workers are good
Lots of stress by management due to disrespect of employees
The work is work
Work culture is below standard and often felt unappreciated
Lack of staff support
Benefits are only 80%
Don't appreciated hard workers
No bonus structure
Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day
Pros
The job was a step up from not having a job at all
Cons
Management substandard treatment of employees due to lean staffing practices, very low pay for bilinguals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Couriers Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Cardinal Couriers Ltd. Reviews by Location