Cardinal Couriers Ltd.

Cardinal Couriers Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
productive and fast paced enviornment
a very fast paced environment to work, have to lift heavy boxes and keep it on the line as well as unloading trailer of medium freights with hands and have to do for 6 hours a day.
Excellent management and supervision
Cardinal couriers is one of the best shipping company i have heard of in my entire life and i really proud of cardinal workers they're so lovely people with a big heart.
fun place to work
great management that will pick up the phone if you need to talk and actually listen to your complaints or ideas. My supervisor actually comes out and works harder than we do. He wouldnt ask us to do something that he wouldnt do. Co workers are great to work with. Except for lower wages and minimum benefits its actually a great place to work. However i can only speak about the terminal i work at, which is not in mississauga .
Poor Support System
Poor support system, you are left to fend for yourself. Upper management does not care about the staff. Owners treats the company as a toy and does not take the company seriously.
good wrkplace with friendly environment between workers
it was a good experience to work at cardinal courier's limied, workers were very friendly and always willing to help each other. most of the workers were satisfird with their salary
Very good place to work.
A typical day at work for warehouse worker is 6 hours.
I learned how to drive a forklift, and how to work fast paced.

Management is absolutely amazing.

All the guys there are very outgoing and very approachable.

The hardest part of the job is probably the fact there no heat for cold months and no air conditioner for the hot months.

The most enjoyable part of the job is all the guys there.
Bad work place culture
Just bad all around, staff was rude, did not respond when you were speaking directly to them. They counted your time spent in the washroom and if you took too long you had to have a 20 min meeting with management as to why... the department was abusive to new staff,communication was lacking, management did not care for work life balance, (family obligations)

Pros: it was close to home

Cons: it was a bad environment with no potential for growth
I love the culture diversity
Cardinal is a great place to work. I would recommend them to a friend.
It was a very relaxing place to work and very flexible.

The management team is top notch.
Long routes but time expectations minimal.
Az drivers do not go through agency because the supervisors can cut you off the job anytime if you dont kiss butt and move move move. My route was 16 hour route but managment had problem with me finishing at 15 hours. If your a robot go ahead otherwise this type of job is for retired or semi retired or fresh drivers. They express saftey but when it comes to fatigue they want you to over look that and move move move. Would not recommend if your a relaxed type of driver, this is for drivers who are willing to move move . Otherwise ecuipment is top notch. Managment likes to play favoritism. Asking questions is a must otherwise lack of communication can cause problems. Make sure you triple check everything dont be afraid to ask questions.
Pros
New trucks
Cons
Move move move no stoping.
Official response from Cardinal Couriers Ltd.
2 July 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on your experience at Cardinal. We take feedback to heart and use it to make ourselves a better place to work, for our current people and our future all stars.

Regards,

Denise Roy

Vice President, Human Resources
Warehouse Worker
I work at Walmart full time and make more than a warehouse worker I also am full time, I know someone who works there and has a family to pay for but can afford to because of such a low pay rate if you are a warehouse worker you should be making tops $15.00/hr and more. This company doesn't even have good benefits, and when the ad says 6:00pm - 2:00am they really mean 5:30pm - 5:00am and they still don't make enough money with those hours. Cardinal Couriers isn't the best full time job. All you do is slavery work and only get paid minimum wage, I think that they deserve to be making at least $15 - $18/hr for the work they do and how they have been there a long time and still making minimum and they aren't even in school.
Pros
Nothing Good
Cons
Just terrible pay rate, hours, and benefits.
Not a particularly friendly work environment.
A typical day consisted of preparing the warehouse for the day's work and thereafter the shift ran on course. The work comprised of sorting consignments for courier to different parts of Ontario. It was always a full shift of lifting extremely heavy equipment.
Pros
Guaranteed work hours
Cons
Laborious work
Good laughs, Good people to work with.
There's tonnes of people at Cardinal couriers, Honestly you can say theres probably a friend for everyone within it, Once you start working there its hard to get a hang of things. but everyone there helps and shows you and is quite welcoming.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Work nights
Worst environment manager has no sense of lead or respect for workers putting in hard day to day work
Part time hours were great but not really a great working environment or atmosphere which was depressing , supervisors has no sense of vision or lead also very disrespectful whereas body language and voice tones are concerned , I would not recommend this job to anybody.
Pros
Good part time hours
Cons
Unsafe environment especially in unload area
Bilingual Accountant
-Using MS Dynamics Great Plains, I performed the full cycle of Accounts Payable
- Prepared daily cash reporting and forecasting based on daily bank reconciliation performing

-Processed month-end closing activities such as accruals, depreciations, amortizations making

Month end journal entries

-Using Excel spread sheet, reconciled monthly balance sheet accounts against sub-ledger account

reporting

-Assisted in half-year and year-end financial, and government audits
Pros
Ma chief etais tres professionnel
Bad
Cardinal Couriers was unfortunately the worst place for showing of team work as well as their leadership. Everything is always scattered and no one ever knows where something will go or if they do, it just gets confused and mixed up.
Learned a lot working for this company
Great experience
Typical 9 to 5 job

Learned a lot of new processes

Changing workplace culture

People are great to work with

Not too many management

Always changing atmosphere
Ok Part time job, not a career.
The job is not mentally taxing, you unload and sort boxes up to 2000 per night in a 5-hour time frame. The job tends to be physically demanding with some breaks between the physical exertion.

One of the worst parts of the job is the dirt. You arrive clean and you leave with a grey film on your skin. Another is the laughable "training" that happens there, though my Supervisor seemed to be aware of that fact and created various training aids to help. He seemed to care a great deal about staff morale and I know he quite often went to bat for us for fair treatment, like a shift premium for the night shift. He even ended up arguing with the CEO of the company himself for the premium, which we managed to get. He is leaving the company out of frustration and the quality of management will go downhill again probably.

The general workplace culture is absentee management, except when a mistake is made, then you can expect a call from the Terminal Manager telling you that you had screwed up. Most of the people that work there have no other place to go and as a result, tend to stay there out of desperation.
Cons
Poor management, dirt.
Official response from Cardinal Couriers Ltd.
17 September 2018
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
I also appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to employee training, compensation and type of work. With regards to employee training, the HR team is in the process of setting up a formal new hire onboarding program for our warehouse team members. This will provide some additional training to staff that will improve the ramp-up experience. With regards to compensation, we are constantly evaluating our compensation and benefit packages for employees, with the aim to provide the best, affordable overall experience for our employees. We feel that with a compensation package that today includes a base hourly wage, vacation and benefits eligibility (after six months for full-time staff) we offer a competitive package that rewards long term employees. Our CEO, along with our leadership team and supervisors, is in support of that.

With regards to the cleanliness factor, I’ll have to see if there is anything we can do or setup to mitigate what you’re seeing. I’ll speak to the management team and go from there.

As always, if you want to comment further, please don’t hesitate to email us at hr@cardinalcouriers.com.
Tough General Labour job
Extremely physically demanding.Job requires to be extremely physically fit, being a general labour job which involves a great deal of lifting of heavy objects of as much as 106 lbs.
Wonderful company
Wonderful company! That's all I can say. I enjoyed working for them, i would definitely work there again if i need a part-time job, especially in their warehouse environment.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Fantastic company
Enjoyed working here; great environment, people, culture, etc. Managers are very encouraging and care about developing employees. Flexible work-life balance.
My work experience was great loved this job.
Straight nights or afternoons if this works for you. It's a great place to work. This job was the best job I ever had the pay was great and the work experience was awesome.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Couriers Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8