CARAVAN LOGISTICS Employee Reviews in Oakville, ON

Good cofe
AZ Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 March 2019
Good mantan eqepment and dood drivers
Hot working place not enogh pay.Free cap and shirt.Ruts are dood but loads are too heavy.Managers are nice.Yard is ok.
Not difficult, but not rewarding either.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 May 2018
A typical day at work was exactly what you'd expect working at a logistics company. Loaded trailers were brought to the dock and we would unload and verify the freight. When the freight was entered into the system we would broker contracts (or work within ones the company had already brokered) and then arrange to have the freight picked up and delivered. We would then load trailers and have drivers deliver them.

The hours were always long and the days could drag on and get dull. Otherwise the job itself was not difficult and the management are friendly and thoughtful.
Pros
Decent wage; parking available.
Cons
Long hours, boring.
Lack of respect and loyalty to committed and experienced employees
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 March 2018
Lack of respect and loyalty to committed and experienced employees. Pros; occasional gifts (like Blue Jay tickets). Cons; lack of communication, between different levels of hierarchy.
Pros
occasional gifts (like Blue Jay tickets)
Cons
lack of communication, between different levels of hierarchy
Good company run by people who care
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 February 2018
An enjoyable environment to work in as long as the work is being done. People are held accountable appropriately which results in a better efficiency. They're flexible with balancing work and life as long as it isn't abused.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 August 2017
Overall, a great place to work. Management is knowledgeable and very supportive, and has the ability to help in every aspect of the job. Very well structured and organized.
lots of pros and cons
Camionneur (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2017
pros :

there is always work, especially if you are willing to do different things, mileage is quite honest, never had nothing missing on my pay

cons :

salary is really under the market..pups and drops are not paid, no benefits, no sick days, no wage raise plan
Very unbalance place to work at.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 September 2016
Pretty much, Do drop off loads and do pick ups out threw day around the G.T.A. Work long hours.

Management has no idea how to run a company, sorry to say some their there mechanics don't even have a Mechanics LICENSES. That work on the trucks.
Pros
5 mins drive from my house
Cons
Company needs better people to run it, Payroll never got my pay right ever and many another drivers, as well The COMPANY has no COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Good company
Truck Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 August 2016
For the drivers almost all the companies are the same.
This one has some management issues, but overall it is a great company, that i've worked for almost 9 years.
Decent place to work with zero job security.
Warehouse and Night Security (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 January 2014
The best part of working at Caravan was the people that I worked with during my time in the warehouse and a few of the nice drivers as well as one of the night dispatchers Helen I dealt with during the night security.

The most difficult part of working at Caravan was...well everything else. My pay was constantly incorrect which took days and weeks to correct. Working at Caravan over all was pretty sub-par due to the management staff I had to work under.

I learned a lot while I worked there mostly about myself so it was a decent experience
Pros
Close to the go train station for easy commute, good co-workers, decent benefits.
Cons
Very long hours, management plays favourites, no job security at all, little room for advancement.
Lousy place to make living
company driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 July 2013
They don't really care about drivers and lots of drivers quit this company and most of them have been working for Caravan for 3+ years. At the moment they are in big trouble of finding decent drivers and hiring new guys with little or no experience at all. They show no respect to their old employees and this is company official policy. They are hiring new dispatch weekly but got no improvement at all.
Pros
relatively new equipment
Cons
too much of unpaid wasted time
Great company to work for
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 April 2012
Fantastic family run company. Was at Caravan when the company just started to really expand. They expect a lot from their team members.
Cons
the commute from brampton