CARA Operations Limited Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2018
Lots of intelligent people, lots of opportunity to grow due to many brands. Change is always happening, with the company acquiring a brand or two each year.
Loyal employess
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2018
It was a great company to work for. After 36 years it was time for a change. The company has had many changes in the last 10 years and it's vision was too aggressive and change was due. All in all it was a great company to work for.
Pros
Great Canadian brand
Cons
Stressful
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2018
The company is a good company but can do with some improvements with head staffs.

I think they need to give more hours and work on keeping there staff satisfied.

Because this was my first job since coming to Canada. I loved it a lot, but my feelings starting to change because of their communication skills with staffs, including my self.

However other than that I feel its a good company to work.

Thank you.
Pros
Free lunches and snack at times.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Management are clueless and too much drama
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2018
So much childish drama at this location and management does NOTHING about it nor do they care. Only way to advance is if you are related to the owner as his entire family basically works their even though they are not qualified. Many physical and verbal altercations at this call center. Zero safety
Great job
staff development initiatives and complex (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 March 2018
This was a great place to work. very strong team. learned lots from management and the people around me. good salary and career path opportunities. Awesome!
Pros
Good Salary
Cara
Conseiller social et en santé (Former Employee) –  Greater London9 March 2018
Un bon milieu du travail dans un environnement vraiment positif.
Data Center operations
Physical Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2018
Excellent place to work at. Very good work life balance and management is exceptional. A lot of new technologies in data centers, learned a lot of new technologies and had exposure to a lot of technology vendors
Pros
flexible hours
Customer Service Representative/order taker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 January 2018
CARA was a great job to work at...didn't like how they would not work with me knowing I had a daughter. I asked for earlier/day shifts & they weren't given...a lot of ppl who didn't have kids had earlier shifts then me and I don't understand why.
Pros
Discount on food/pick up shifts
Cons
Won't work with you
Good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2017
It was a good place to work. Management was a little bit out fo touch and was working with an old business model. Union was tough in dealing with management and it really did not represent the interest of union members.
Great Culture
Area Associate (Former Employee) –  GTHA18 December 2017
experienced some fantastic culture, great teams, well executed operations and gained many life long friends.
very professional, lots of structure and support.

Many negative changes after new management and executive team.
Pros
professional, great culture
Cons
company culture change with new owners
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 December 2017
i enjoyed working at Cara most call centers look for two years of college in applicants. Age is also not a factor in the call center industry. While some occupations will have an age limit, there is none in the call center industry. In my experience, I have worked with people as young as eighteen and as old as sixty. In the call center industry, the only thing that matters is if you will be able to deliver.
i enjoyed Talking and taking orders to customers customers over the phone
 Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
 Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
 Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
 Responds to requests for assistance and/or possible processing of credit card authorizations
 Tracks call-related information for auditing and reporting purposes
 Provides feedback reports on call issues related to downtime and/or training issues
 Upsells to customers as necessary
its just to far a distance to travel
Free food
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2017
The company is filled with people from different nationalities whom are fun to work with. You will enjoy the perks of not bringing food to work...food is free.
A great company to grow.
Guest experience manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 October 2017
I was a server and was offered the job to be in management.. it was a step up... unfortunately the hours that some weeks I put in was crazy.. and when another one of your management team was sick or having bad days to take time off our hours would increase. Learned a lot, but my leader was never there nor wanted to be and it turned me sour. I stepped down and went back to serving and love it
Pros
Steady pay check.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
It’s a very fast pace to work at. It teaches you how to advance your customer service skill to the max. It’s a great place to learn how to problem solve.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Competitive
Great first job and progress to Corporate Manager
Corporate Operating Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2017
I started working at Cara when I was 16 yrs old. Within a few months I became and supervisor and evenetually worked my way up to Corpartr Manager. Great way to build experience and build up your own personal management style.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Insulting to the Culinary and Hospitality Field
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON10 August 2017
After nearly 20 years and only 15 with CARA, the company has attempted to simplify everything for any individual to learn how to cheat, not follow recipes to proper specifications, to lie and cheat Food Handiling policies and procedures. There used to be a time where The Chefs were completing Store audits before The Health Board would come in, to ensure all staff were following policies and procedures.
Now that Cara has full control, franchisees who are never in their own store to and have Young Management teams that seem to worry about being friends with their staff instead of being a proper Manager.

Kitchen Staff are now whiney Millennials who feel threatened when you ask them to follow proper food handling and Cara Brand policies and procedures. Then cry to Management who they are friends with to defend their actions against you.

Cara has been insulting the Culinary and Hospitality industry by becoming lazy and inexperienced in The Food and Beverage Industry. Cara has become a profit organization that does not educate nor give you room for growth in their company due too poor Managemnet and receiving Managerial direction via Phone conferences.

Also Most Cara Brand Restaurants are the dirtiest and have equipment in the poorest conditions I have ever seen.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No room for growth for those with proper culinary experience.
fun place to work, great staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 August 2017
management is personable and always willing to help out servers. Flexible with schedule, willing to work around other schedules. Fast paced work environment, and always aiming to enhance guest experience. Management understands and listens to concerns from staff.
Pros
60% off food while working
Cons
long hours, scheduled every weekend
Not a Fun Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 July 2017
The interview experience is definitely different than what you will experience when you begin the job. The culture is very tense, and Management staff are unfriendly and have high expectations. All they care about is how many calls are answered. You can call in sick, and they'll expect you to come to work same way so that the call que doesn't get messed up. A lot of drama with the staff, who are also unfriendly. Definitely would not recommend to anyone.
Cons
Shifts, Staff, Culture, Customers
I work for Cara service desk, Large organization lost in transition
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
I am trying my hardest to do things right by our clients but it looks like my bosses just want to give a report to corporate saying we have less than x turn around time and we handle x amount of calls with less than x wait time.

in my honest opinion this strategy will blow back on us,this approach makes people feel unappreciated and our work will be meaningless.

I will do my best to really fix client issues, I feel this is neither appreciated nor encouraged, but I fear I will eventually become another drone who mechanically takes tickets and closes them with or without resolution.
Pros
informal environment
Cons
unsatisfied clients and I feel i cant fix anything
Not a fun or positive environment
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Huntsville19 July 2017
Worked there for a few months in kitchen. It was one of the worst experiences I have had in a workplace.
Managment was not supportive . fellow kitchen staff and servers were great just not managment.
Since working there, I myself will not eat at CARA restaurants. I know what happens in the kitchen .
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Pay sucked. Attitude environment sucked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARA Operations Limited. Our community is ready to answer.