CaptiveAire

CaptiveAire Employee Reviews

Great company and very aggressive. You are really just seen as a number and need to perform in a short time frame to keep your job. During Covid many where let go without any hesitation.
Pros
continuous leraning
Cons
very fast paced and competitive
The effective and dynamic management at CaptiveAire is definitely a benefit of this company. They have all employees strive to do their best and give them the tools needed to accomplish this.
Pros
Great management, flexible within reason, room for growth.
It was ok, plant closed down after less than a year. Pay was ok, advancement opportunities were really good. Dont agree with how they chose to handle shutting the plant down.
people there were cool, work sucked, talking to angry truck drivers suck,pay sucks. They do give you bonuses, sometimes they suck. Overtime plenty, good friday off, they take a break during december from working so you have to save up time to cover it.
I liked working here at first everyone was nice to me. I was on time everyday and didn't miss any days while I worked there for four months. Two months in they started nick picking about my performance which my supervisor told me I was doing a great job. The manager would just walk around looking at people to see if they were working and I was always busy, but after a while the work got slow by me being the newest worker, I guess I was first pick to go. Stay away from that company they don't care about their employees at all only the company needs at that time.
Pros
pay, some time free lunch
Cons
everything else
● ManagementIn general, managers at CaptiveAire play favorites and if you aren’t in the circle you will know it ! I was there over 4 yrs and I couldn’t do it anymore! I was making $21 a hour and still chose to leave ! Let’s you know how bad it was
They use you and when they start to struggle they terminated everyone who built the company. Also notice how it says 94 company reviews and only 3 show up? They have deleted bad reviews. They also asked happy employees to write good reviews so their score goes up. Stay away! Fake people who pretend to care about you and then let you go when things get tough to save them some money!Worked 40 -50 hours a week while others came in at 8 took 2-3 15 minute breaks a day(office staff did not get breaks), an hour lunch and walked out at 5. Some even spend hours socializing with employees who came in their office and had time to play with a dog that they bought to work. And they still are working after 60 other hard working employees have been terminated.
Pros
Great Plant Manager
Cons
all the above
not a good place to work they pick on your work performance no matter how hard you try. If you are a good worker they still find a reason to pick with you it's like they get a kick out of picking with people performance, firing people and putting people on probation for no good reason at all. I wouldn't work for this company even if the made me the CEO of the company. Stay away it's not a job for anyone unless you love people getting on yor nerves.
Pros
Pay is good, some time free lunch
Cons
No respect, Do not care about you, Will fire you for no reason
Great place to work great people and fair pay. Everyone is very nice and make you feel wanted and cared for would recommend this company to anyone that needs a good job
Pros
Close to home, ample amount of breaks and lunchtime
Cons
N/a
It has a lot of perks, but very strict. The work is easy. Just need to know how to read blueprints and a tape measure. And you must not have a problem with wearing ppe all day.
This place is a piece of cr*p. The people are pieces of cr*p. Management is a racist piece of cr*p. they only help they buddies to succeed if your not a family or friend you will not go anywhere they talk down to you make fun of people and if you take up for yourself you will get fired this goes for all people in charge all the way to the top
I was the Supervisor of my department. Got hurt on the job, was sent home for 2 weeks, had to use my pdo, no workmans comp which I thought was sleezy but then I came back and was demoted. The position was given to a guy who had been there for 3 weeks. He attempted daily on asking me how to do things because he didn't know anything yet. Management needs to be demoted.
Terrible place to work! Doesn’t matter how hard you work if they don’t like you they will fire you! They will make you think the company is a great place to work but it’s not! They work you long hours!
Had been at the company for over 20 years. I was terminated for no reason when all the CORVID-19 started. I was never late and worked hard. The administration except the HR lady were fake. The girl and lady in scheduling only cared about how big the bonus would be. On the plant floor they were called slave drivers because they worked 8-5 and didn’t care what time we left as long as they got the bonus up. They took two or three smoke breaks a day plus and hour lunch. They also had a dog in the office most days and even took it out in the parking lot to play when they had nothing to do. The company just cares about how much money they make and not about how hard they work the employees. Stay away!
Great pay and benefits package, Service Techs have the ability to control their own work schedule. Company truck, tools, phone, tablet and laptop provided. Friendly and understanding management. This company truly spares no expense for its employees.
Little training given, even when mentioned to higher ups. When help was provided still no training took place as the "trainer" would do the work without actually showing you anything.
Official response from CaptiveAire
1 May 2020
We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your training experience. We feel that we provide very strong training, but we are always looking for ways to improve. We will re-emphasize the importance of allowing trainees to practice their skills in the presence of an instructor.
Had a ton of harrassment issues which management did nothing about. Pay and bonuses were pretty decent though. Not good if you cant work alot of overtime.
It's a great place to work if you haven't worked for awhile and want to start back up. If your dedicated you'll love it there. I love the people that work here.
Pros
Friendly People Cool Supervisor Feel wanted
Cons
Pay is low for the amount of work put in.
No where you go is perfect, at CaptiveAire they take care of there employees. 2 catered lunches a month and a bonus once a month. Good work ethic and a want to, this is the place to be. CaptiveAire is growing very fast and have almost all the kitchen commercial needs cornered. I myself feel very proud to see what I helped build when at a restaurant and see our product.
Good work life balance. Very little interference from management to get the work done. Management supportive of using the latest technology. Typical day runs 8am - 5pm, 1hour lunch. Like clockwork
Pros
Very supportive in providing tools needed (and weekly free lunches)
Cons
Very little individual recognition., No idea how or when raises are determined. Not necessarily a function of yearly performance review.
During my time with captiveaire. I was able to learn and grow as an employee. Was able to advance fairly quick as lead of their layout department also a good overall learning experience.